Guided Biofilm Therapy Market Introduction
Oral biofilm is the primary etiologic factor for periodontal, peri-implant infections, and caries. Periodontitis can result in higher risk of systemic diseases, such as respiratory disease, arthritis, cardiovascular, and diabetes. Biofilm or plaque are soft deposits, comprising microorganisms which are embedded in a matrix of extracellular and sticky substances. These biofilms are immobile bacterial residential communities which can have adherence to many surfaces in the mouth. Biofilms can cause tissue degradation, which further leads to possible bone and tooth loss. If the biofilm is removed timely, periodontal diseases such as periodontitis, gingivitis, and peri-implantitis can be prevented. Not only the periodontium, but also the hard tooth tissue can be damaged by biofilm.
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Guided Biofilm Therapy Market, Request a Brochure here
If biofilm is developed extensively, then it is no longer possible to eliminate it in the context of domestic oral hygiene. Instead, it has to be removed professionally in a dental practice as part of Guided Biofilm Therapy (GBT). GBT is the systematic, predictable solution for dental biofilm management in professional prophylaxis. It uses airflow, perioflow, and piezon technologies and is supported by scientific evidence — an important consideration for patients looking for tried and tested procedures to turn around their oral health as well as achieve those much-desired aesthetic outcomes. It is the predictable and systematic solution for dental biofilm management in professional prophylaxis with the usage of state-of-the-art technologies. Guided Biofilm Therapy comprises treatment protocols which are based on individual patient diagnosis and risk assessment in order for achieving optimal results. The treatment is given in the least invasive way, and providing the highest level of comfort, efficiency, and safety. The treatment procedure for guided biofilm prophylaxy focuses not only on removing the hard and soft deposits, but also operate as part integrated in different treatment sequences. The procedure can guarantee complete cleaning, even in the most difficult-to-reach surfaces and at the same time protects tooth substance and natural tissue. Guided biofilm therapy follows the European Federation of Periodontology (EFP) recommendations on Professional Mechanical Plaque Removal (PMPR) and Oral Hygiene Instructions (OHI) for Home Care of the European Federation of Periodontology (EFP).
Guided Biofilm Therapy is a unique approach to dental prophylaxis. Treatment is specific for each individual, but is based on the 8-step protocol.
- Diagnosis of every clinical case: Patients are screened for healthy teeth, gingivitis, caries, periodontitis, healthy implants, peri-implantitis, and mucositis
- Disclose to make biofilm visible: Showing the patient disclosed biofilm. The color guides the biofilm removal. Once biofilm is removed, calculus or tartar is easier to detect.
- Motivate, teach, and raise awareness: The emphasis is on prevention. Instruction to patients on oral hygiene is given and the importance of correct home oral hygiene techniques.
- Removal of biofilm, stains and young calculus from natural teeth, implants, and restoration implants, leaving the teeth clean and healthy
- Removal of biofilm from gum or deeper periodontal pockets and around implants
- Minimally invasive scalers complete the cleaning process
- Finally, if all the biofilm is removed, fluoride mouthwash may be prescribed for extra prevention according to the requirement
- Lastly, a recall frequency is scheduled according to risk assessment.
Guided Biofilm Therapy Market - Competition Landscape
Rise in awareness about dental diseases and services has led to surge in the technological advancements by key players in the dental field. This in turn has led to the introduction and adoption of minimally invasive procedures and new advancements, such as guided biofilm therapy.
EMS is a leading manufacturer of precision medical devices for dental prophylaxis, orthopedics and urology. Guided Biofilm Therapy: EMS is the leader in dental prevention and prophylaxis. The company is the inventor of the GBT protocol, including Airflow Prophylaxis Master, high precision PS (piezon and scaler) instrument and innovative PLUS powder.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Guided Biofilm Therapy Market Dynamics
Rise in Prevalence of Dental or Oral Diseases
According to the WHO, the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016 estimated that oral diseases affected half of the world’s population, approximately 3.58 billion people with dental caries or tooth decay in permanent teeth being the most prevalent condition assessed. Additionally, severe periodontal or gum disease, which end up resulting in tooth loss, was estimated to be the 11th most prevalent disease globally. Hence, rise in prevalence of oral diseases boosts the growth of the global guided biofilm therapy market.
Increase in Technological Advancements
Teledentistry, the Wand (or STA - Single Tooth Anesthesia) System, and 3D dental images are examples of technological advancements which are responsible for enhancing the dental field. Moreover, guided biofilm therapy is itself one of the technologically advanced procedures in the dental field, thereby resulting in the growth of the guided biofilm therapy market
Guided Biofilm Therapy Market Segmentation
Based on product type, the global guided biofilm therapy market can be bifurcated into:
- Accessories & Consumables
In terms of end-user, the global guided biofilm therapy market can be classified into:
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Academic Institutes & Research Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.