Guided Biofilm Therapy Market Introduction
Oral biofilm is the primary etiologic factor for periodontal, peri-implant infections, and caries. Periodontitis can result in higher risk of systemic diseases, such as respiratory disease, arthritis, cardiovascular, and diabetes. Biofilm or plaque are soft deposits, comprising microorganisms which are embedded in a matrix of extracellular and sticky substances. These biofilms are immobile bacterial residential communities which can have adherence to many surfaces in the mouth. Biofilms can cause tissue degradation, which further leads to possible bone and tooth loss. If the biofilm is removed timely, periodontal diseases such as periodontitis, gingivitis, and peri-implantitis can be prevented. Not only the periodontium, but also the hard tooth tissue can be damaged by biofilm.
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Guided Biofilm Therapy Market, Request a Brochure here
If biofilm is developed extensively, then it is no longer possible to eliminate it in the context of domestic oral hygiene. Instead, it has to be removed professionally in a dental practice as part of Guided Biofilm Therapy (GBT). GBT is the systematic, predictable solution for dental biofilm management in professional prophylaxis. It uses airflow, perioflow, and piezon technologies and is supported by scientific evidence — an important consideration for patients looking for tried and tested procedures to turn around their oral health as well as achieve those much-desired aesthetic outcomes. It is the predictable and systematic solution for dental biofilm management in professional prophylaxis with the usage of state-of-the-art technologies. Guided Biofilm Therapy comprises treatment protocols which are based on individual patient diagnosis and risk assessment in order for achieving optimal results. The treatment is given in the least invasive way, and providing the highest level of comfort, efficiency, and safety. The treatment procedure for guided biofilm prophylaxy focuses not only on removing the hard and soft deposits, but also operate as part integrated in different treatment sequences. The procedure can guarantee complete cleaning, even in the most difficult-to-reach surfaces and at the same time protects tooth substance and natural tissue. Guided biofilm therapy follows the European Federation of Periodontology (EFP) recommendations on Professional Mechanical Plaque Removal (PMPR) and Oral Hygiene Instructions (OHI) for Home Care of the European Federation of Periodontology (EFP).
Guided Biofilm Therapy is a unique approach to dental prophylaxis. Treatment is specific for each individual, but is based on the 8-step protocol.
- Diagnosis of every clinical case: Patients are screened for healthy teeth, gingivitis, caries, periodontitis, healthy implants, peri-implantitis, and mucositis
- Disclose to make biofilm visible: Showing the patient disclosed biofilm. The color guides the biofilm removal. Once biofilm is removed, calculus or tartar is easier to detect.
- Motivate, teach, and raise awareness: The emphasis is on prevention. Instruction to patients on oral hygiene is given and the importance of correct home oral hygiene techniques.
- Removal of biofilm, stains and young calculus from natural teeth, implants, and restoration implants, leaving the teeth clean and healthy
- Removal of biofilm from gum or deeper periodontal pockets and around implants
- Minimally invasive scalers complete the cleaning process
- Finally, if all the biofilm is removed, fluoride mouthwash may be prescribed for extra prevention according to the requirement
- Lastly, a recall frequency is scheduled according to risk assessment.
Guided Biofilm Therapy Market - Competition Landscape
Rise in awareness about dental diseases and services has led to surge in the technological advancements by key players in the dental field. This in turn has led to the introduction and adoption of minimally invasive procedures and new advancements, such as guided biofilm therapy.
EMS is a leading manufacturer of precision medical devices for dental prophylaxis, orthopedics and urology. Guided Biofilm Therapy: EMS is the leader in dental prevention and prophylaxis. The company is the inventor of the GBT protocol, including Airflow Prophylaxis Master, high precision PS (piezon and scaler) instrument and innovative PLUS powder.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Guided Biofilm Therapy Market Dynamics
Rise in Prevalence of Dental or Oral Diseases
According to the WHO, the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016 estimated that oral diseases affected half of the world’s population, approximately 3.58 billion people with dental caries or tooth decay in permanent teeth being the most prevalent condition assessed. Additionally, severe periodontal or gum disease, which end up resulting in tooth loss, was estimated to be the 11th most prevalent disease globally. Hence, rise in prevalence of oral diseases boosts the growth of the global guided biofilm therapy market.
Increase in Technological Advancements
Teledentistry, the Wand (or STA - Single Tooth Anesthesia) System, and 3D dental images are examples of technological advancements which are responsible for enhancing the dental field. Moreover, guided biofilm therapy is itself one of the technologically advanced procedures in the dental field, thereby resulting in the growth of the guided biofilm therapy market
Guided Biofilm Therapy Market Segmentation
Based on product type, the global guided biofilm therapy market can be bifurcated into:
- Accessories & Consumables
In terms of end-user, the global guided biofilm therapy market can be classified into:
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Academic Institutes & Research Centers
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.