Graphene Nanocomposites Market: Overview
- Graphene nanocomposites are an amalgamation of graphene in polymer matrix. They are used in many industries such as aerospace, electronics, energy, structural and mechanical, environment, and food & beverage.
- The manufacturing process of graphene nanocomposites includes solution blending, melt mixing, and in-situ polymerization. With the addition of graphene into the polymer matrix, the nanocomposite offers higher conductivity, thus making it suitable for electrical applications. Addition of graphene improves strength, fracture toughness, and fatigue strength of the resulting nanocomposite.
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Graphene Nanocomposites Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Key Drivers of Graphene Nanocomposites Market
- Attributes of graphene such as high electron mobility, stiffness, and exceptional thermal conductivity have led to an increase in number of research & development activities across the globe. Also, graphene can be used in the nanocomposites field in research of various sectors. Rise in its applications is encouraging companies and governments of various nations across the globe to invest in graphene nanocomposites. Research is being carried out to synthesize graphene on a large scale in order to cater to the needs of various industries including the composite industry. The usage of graphene in the composite industry has been significantly transforming the global market for the production of graphene nanocomposite materials.
High Cost of Production and Lack of Awareness about Graphene Nanocomposites to Hamper Market
- High cost of material manufacturing and lack of availability of production techniques are expected to hamper the market in the near future. Additionally, high cost of technology and presence of patent protection are anticipated to adversely affect the global graphene nanocomposite market.
Electronic and Biomedical Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of application, the global graphene nanocomposites market can be divided into building & construction, electrical & electronics, automotive, aerospace, biomedical, and others
- Graphene nanocomposites is gaining momentum as a solvent in the electronics industry. It is used in photoresist formulations, which are used in the manufacture of chips in the semiconductor industry. Graphene nanocomposites are also employed in the removal of solder flux, and cleaning and degreasing of circuit boards.
- Developments in technology and rise in research & development activities in the electronics industry are estimated to drive the graphene nanocomposites market in the near future. Properties of graphene nanocomposites such as higher carrier versatility, good electrical conductivity, and optical transmittance make them an ideal material for the manufacturing of electrodes. These electrodes are further used in the production of active solar cells, liquid crystal devices, field emission devices, and natural light radiating diodes. This is expected to drive the demand for graphene nanocomposites during the forecast period.
- Graphene nanocomposites are also employed in the production of sensors, Li-Ion batteries, fuel cells, supercapacitors, packaging industry, among others
- Increase in aging population across the globe and rise in demand for personalized treatments are anticipated to drive the need for cost-effective drug delivery systems. Additionally, rise in frequency of chronic diseases, increase in cost of research & development, and growth in complexity of distribution systems are likely to increase cost burden across biomedical industry. As, graphene stands out as a major filling agent for composite applications due to its exceptional thermal, mechanical, and electronic properties. Thus, graphene nanocomposites is extensively used in biomedical applications such as gene delivery, nanomedicine, cancer therapy, and bio-sensing and bio-imaging, and GO-based antibacterial materials.
- Excellent electrochemical properties and high charge-carrier mobility in the energy sector are likely to drive the demand for graphene nanocomposites in ceramic-based nanocomposite applications
- In automotive and aerospace applications, graphene nanocomposites are extensively employed due to its ease of processing and high strength-to-weight ratio makes them an ideal material for the fabrication of automotive and aerospace body parts
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Graphene Nanocomposites Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Graphene Nanocomposites Market
- Geographically, the global graphene nanocomposites market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the major region of the global graphene nanocomposites market. Recent advancements in technology and increase in adoption of Internet of Things (IoT) are projected to propel the demand for electronics products across the region. Additionally, increase in government initiatives and FDI investments in the electronic & electrical sector is expected to drive the graphene nanocomposites market across in Asia Pacific.
- Rise in investments in research & development to improve the properties of graphene nanocomposites by modification of chemical structure of these nanocomposites through encapsulation techniques is anticipated to drive the market in the near future
- Increase in demand for lightweight materials for aerospace applications in North America and Europe is likely to propel the demand for graphene nanocomposites in these regions. Additionally, increased intensification of research & development activities, and rapid technological advancements are some of the factors that are expected to drive the growth of graphene nanocomposites market in North America region.
- The graphene nanocomposites market in the Middle East & Africa and Latin America region is consolidated. Manufacturers in the region rely on the import from developed nation to cater to the demand for graphene nanocomposites in the regions.
Key Players in Graphene Nanocomposites Market
The global graphene nanocomposites market is at the nascent stage. Therefore, it is highly consolidated. Key players operating in the global graphene nanocomposites market include:
- Haydale Graphene Industries Plc
- Versarien Plc
- Applied Graphene Materials plc
- Taiwan Graphene Co., Ltd.
- NanoXplore Inc.
- Talga Resources Ltd
In 2016, CT Engineering Group UK Ltd and Versarien Plc announced that they had entered into a Memorandum of Understanding for the development of novel graphene-based composite components for the aerospace industry.
Global Graphene Nanocomposites Market: Research Scope
Global Graphene Nanocomposites Market, by Application
- Building & Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Graphene Nanocomposites Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.