Graphene Nanocomposites Market: Overview
- Graphene nanocomposites are an amalgamation of graphene in polymer matrix. They are used in many industries such as aerospace, electronics, energy, structural and mechanical, environment, and food & beverage.
- The manufacturing process of graphene nanocomposites includes solution blending, melt mixing, and in-situ polymerization. With the addition of graphene into the polymer matrix, the nanocomposite offers higher conductivity, thus making it suitable for electrical applications. Addition of graphene improves strength, fracture toughness, and fatigue strength of the resulting nanocomposite.
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Graphene Nanocomposites Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Key Drivers of Graphene Nanocomposites Market
- Attributes of graphene such as high electron mobility, stiffness, and exceptional thermal conductivity have led to an increase in number of research & development activities across the globe. Also, graphene can be used in the nanocomposites field in research of various sectors. Rise in its applications is encouraging companies and governments of various nations across the globe to invest in graphene nanocomposites. Research is being carried out to synthesize graphene on a large scale in order to cater to the needs of various industries including the composite industry. The usage of graphene in the composite industry has been significantly transforming the global market for the production of graphene nanocomposite materials.
High Cost of Production and Lack of Awareness about Graphene Nanocomposites to Hamper Market
- High cost of material manufacturing and lack of availability of production techniques are expected to hamper the market in the near future. Additionally, high cost of technology and presence of patent protection are anticipated to adversely affect the global graphene nanocomposite market.
Electronic and Biomedical Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of application, the global graphene nanocomposites market can be divided into building & construction, electrical & electronics, automotive, aerospace, biomedical, and others
- Graphene nanocomposites is gaining momentum as a solvent in the electronics industry. It is used in photoresist formulations, which are used in the manufacture of chips in the semiconductor industry. Graphene nanocomposites are also employed in the removal of solder flux, and cleaning and degreasing of circuit boards.
- Developments in technology and rise in research & development activities in the electronics industry are estimated to drive the graphene nanocomposites market in the near future. Properties of graphene nanocomposites such as higher carrier versatility, good electrical conductivity, and optical transmittance make them an ideal material for the manufacturing of electrodes. These electrodes are further used in the production of active solar cells, liquid crystal devices, field emission devices, and natural light radiating diodes. This is expected to drive the demand for graphene nanocomposites during the forecast period.
- Graphene nanocomposites are also employed in the production of sensors, Li-Ion batteries, fuel cells, supercapacitors, packaging industry, among others
- Increase in aging population across the globe and rise in demand for personalized treatments are anticipated to drive the need for cost-effective drug delivery systems. Additionally, rise in frequency of chronic diseases, increase in cost of research & development, and growth in complexity of distribution systems are likely to increase cost burden across biomedical industry. As, graphene stands out as a major filling agent for composite applications due to its exceptional thermal, mechanical, and electronic properties. Thus, graphene nanocomposites is extensively used in biomedical applications such as gene delivery, nanomedicine, cancer therapy, and bio-sensing and bio-imaging, and GO-based antibacterial materials.
- Excellent electrochemical properties and high charge-carrier mobility in the energy sector are likely to drive the demand for graphene nanocomposites in ceramic-based nanocomposite applications
- In automotive and aerospace applications, graphene nanocomposites are extensively employed due to its ease of processing and high strength-to-weight ratio makes them an ideal material for the fabrication of automotive and aerospace body parts
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Graphene Nanocomposites Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Graphene Nanocomposites Market
- Geographically, the global graphene nanocomposites market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the major region of the global graphene nanocomposites market. Recent advancements in technology and increase in adoption of Internet of Things (IoT) are projected to propel the demand for electronics products across the region. Additionally, increase in government initiatives and FDI investments in the electronic & electrical sector is expected to drive the graphene nanocomposites market across in Asia Pacific.
- Rise in investments in research & development to improve the properties of graphene nanocomposites by modification of chemical structure of these nanocomposites through encapsulation techniques is anticipated to drive the market in the near future
- Increase in demand for lightweight materials for aerospace applications in North America and Europe is likely to propel the demand for graphene nanocomposites in these regions. Additionally, increased intensification of research & development activities, and rapid technological advancements are some of the factors that are expected to drive the growth of graphene nanocomposites market in North America region.
- The graphene nanocomposites market in the Middle East & Africa and Latin America region is consolidated. Manufacturers in the region rely on the import from developed nation to cater to the demand for graphene nanocomposites in the regions.
Key Players in Graphene Nanocomposites Market
The global graphene nanocomposites market is at the nascent stage. Therefore, it is highly consolidated. Key players operating in the global graphene nanocomposites market include:
- Haydale Graphene Industries Plc
- Versarien Plc
- Applied Graphene Materials plc
- Taiwan Graphene Co., Ltd.
- NanoXplore Inc.
- Talga Resources Ltd
In 2016, CT Engineering Group UK Ltd and Versarien Plc announced that they had entered into a Memorandum of Understanding for the development of novel graphene-based composite components for the aerospace industry.
Global Graphene Nanocomposites Market: Research Scope
Global Graphene Nanocomposites Market, by Application
- Building & Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Graphene Nanocomposites Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.