Graphene Battery Market: Introduction
- Graphene is a sheet of carbon atoms tied up together in a honeycomb pattern. Graphene sheet is extensively used, as it is a good conductor of electrical and thermal energy.
- Research and development activities are being carried out extensively to develop advanced batteries. Graphene batteries are emerging as prominent substitute to traditional batteries. The cathode used in traditional batteries is composed of a solid-state material, while cathode used in graphene batteries is made of graphene and hybrid material, which contains solid-state metallic. This makes graphene batteries durable, lightweight, and ideal for applications that require high-energy storage and shorter charging time.
- Companies across the globe are now investing in advancement of graphene batteries due to their tremendous potential to be employed in various industries
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Graphene Battery Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Graphene Battery Market
- Rapid industrialization and expansion of manufacturing industries across the globe is estimated to drive the global graphene battery market. Graphene batteries offer benefits such as quick charging, increased charge cycles, and high temperature tolerance, which enhances the application areas of graphene batteries.
- Growth of aerospace, defense, healthcare, energy, and electronics sectors across the globe is anticipated to boost the global graphene battery market. Graphene is chemically inert, lightweight, flexible, and eco-friendly. These properties are expected to fuel its adoption in various industries, thereby propelling the global graphene battery market growth during the forecast period.
- Increase in environmental awareness is also likely to drive the global graphene battery market during the forecast period. There has been a rise in demand for battery-operated vehicles is the past few years. This trend is projected to continue during the forecast period.
- High cost of graphene electrode material is a major restraining factor for the growth of the global graphene battery market
- Another restraining factor is lack of infrastructure and awareness about its technological potential
Global Graphene Battery Market: Segmentation
- The global graphene battery market can be segmented on the basis of type and end-user
- In terms of type, the graphene battery market can be segmented into super capacitor, li-ion battery, lead-acid battery, and li-sulfur battery. Li-ion is expected to remain a prominent segment during the forecast period, owing to its increase in demand across industries.
- Based on end-user, the graphene battery market can be divided into automobile, aerospace, defense, energy, electronics, and others. The automobile segment is expected to grow at a significant CAGR during the forecast period due to high demand for battery-operated vehicles. Moreover, in the past few years, there has been an increase in awareness about environmental issues, and stringent government rules and regulation have driven companies to adopt new environment-friendly technologies. This factor is expected to augment the global graphene battery market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Graphene Battery Market
- In terms of region, the global graphene battery market can be classified into: North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global graphene battery market during the forecast period. Rapid industrialization in developing countries, such as China, India, Indonesia, and Taiwan has witnessed significant increase in demand for graphene batteries.
- In 2018, China dominated the Asia Pacific graphene battery market. It is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period, owing to the expansion of the automobile industry in the country.
- The graphene battery market in North America is projected to expand significantly during the forecast period due to rapid rise in infrastructure and industrialization in the U.S. and Canada. The U.S. is a major player in automobile, military, and aerospace manufacturing sectors globally. The country is estimated to dominate the market in the region.
- The Europe graphene battery market is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period due to high adoption of battery-operated vehicles in the region.
- The graphene battery market in Latina America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rapid industrial development.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Graphene Battery Market here
- In April 2018, Hybrid Kinetic Group launched three luxury sedan and SUV cars equipped with clean and efficient range extender and graphene super batteries at the Beijing Motor Show
- In November 2017, Samsung developed a graphene ball, which will increase the battery capacity by 45% and charge five-times faster. These batteries will also maintain a temperature of 60 °C. This temperature is required by batteries to operate effectively in cars.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
- Hybrid Kinetic Group
- Log 9 Materials
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
- Vorbeck Materials
- Global Graphene Group
- Grupo Graphenano
- Nanotech Energy
Global Graphene Battery Market: Research Scope
Global Graphene Battery Market, by Type
- Super Capacitor
- Li-ion Battery
- Lead Acid Battery
- Li-sulfur Battery
Global Graphene Battery Market, by End-user
Global Graphene Battery Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.