Affecting approximately 1 in 40 adults, Gouty arthritis is characterized by severe swelling and attacks of pain, tenderness, redness, warmth and swelling in the joints that result from abnormal metabolism of uric acid in the tissues and blood. Usually, the joint at the base of the big toe gets affected due to redness, stiffness, swelling and burning pain. High blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and heart disease may increase of gouty arthritis. Affecting mostly men between the ages of 30 to 60 years, Gouty arthritis is primarily caused by the accumulation of too much uric acid in the joints that causes nodules under the skin, known as tophi. Increased levels of uric acid in the blood results from chronic kidney disease, obesity and certain medications (diuretics). One is more likely to have gouty arthritis if there is a family history about it while obese people are at a higher risk for gout. Sometimes, consumption of high-protein food, sudden changes in diet and weight gain or loss may also produce excessive amount of uric acid. One of the most painful forms of arthritis, Gouty arthritis is typically more common in men than in women and future damage to joints can be avoided by treatment.
Various symptoms associated with gouty arthritis are as follows:
- Sudden onset of pain
- Swelling and redness
- Tenderness in the joint
- Limited movement in the affected joint
- Itching in the skin
Gouty Arthritis Market Segmentation
Based on diagnosis, the gouty arthritis market can be segmented as follows:
- Joint fluid analysis (arthrocentesis): This test is used to test traces of uric acid crystals.
- Blood tests: The uric acid level (hyperuricemia) is tested for the diagnosis of gouty arthritis. Other blood tests include white blood cell count, renal function and erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR).
- Medical history and physical examination: Certain medical history such as long-term consumption of diuretics can trigger gouty arthritis. Hence, a total check up is done in order to diagnose gouty arthritis.
Based on treatments, the gouty arthritis market can be segmented as follows:
- NSAIDs: NSAIDs are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and are used to treat acute conditions of gouty arthritis. They help in reducing the inflammation and the severe pain caused due to joint swelling.
- Colchicine: Patients who are unable to endure the effects of NSAIDs are treated with colchicines, which is an alternative treatment of gouty arthritis
- Steroids: Glucosteriods are injected into the joint and are found to be as effective as NSAIDs
Based on geography, the gouty arthritis market can be segmented into four major regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). Out of these regions, North America holds a leading position in the gouty arthritis market followed by Europe. The prime factors which are driving the growth of the market in these regions are increasing awareness amongst the patient population, consumption of high-protein food and certain sedentary habits such as smoking tobacco and drinking. Furthermore, increasing disposable income of the population is also propelling the growth of gouty arthritis market. Asia Pacific is the most promising region for the growth of gouty arthritis market as it is one of the emerging economies. The factors which would accentuate the growth of the market in Asia Pacific are increasing prevalence of obesity and certain genetic disorders, and development of therapeutic treatment as well as testing tools for the treatment of gouty arthritis. Moreover, huge population base in developing countries such as China, India and Brazil would also fuel the growth of gouty arthritis market in the coming years.
Gouty Arthritis Market Key Players
Some of the top players operating in the development of gouty arthritis therapeutics market are AstraZeneca PLC, Novartis AG, Polaris Group, BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Teijin Pharma Limited, Nippon Chemiphar Co., Ltd., JW Pharmaceutical Corporation, Addex Therapeutics, LG Life Sciences, Ltd. and others.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.