GNSS Devices Market: Introduction
- GNSS refers to global navigation satellite system. This device allows users to determine their position and velocity at a specific time by transmitting signals from satellites.
- Globally, GNSS and positioning is a significantly growing geospatial technology segment.
GNSS Devices Market Dynamics
- The growing demand for precise location information is stimulating the growth of the GNSS devices market.
- Rapidly expanding demand for smartphones and smart consumer electronic devices has augmented the demand for GNSS devices.
- Increasing demand for IoT enabled consumer devices is expected to create ample growth opportunities for GNSS devices across the world.
- Technological advancements in GNSS devices such as powerful processors, superior power batteries, and improved satellite signal processing are expected to drive the growth of the GNSS devices market. Numerous applications of GNSS devices in the IT and engineering sector has contributed largely to the growth of the GNSS devices market.
- Supportive government initiatives for development of smart cities is expected to boost the growth of the GNSS devices market.
- However, inability of GNSS devices to provide accurate indoor, underwater, or underground navigation is expected to be a major factor limiting the growth of the GNSS devices market in the upcoming years.
- In addition, GNSS devices consume substantial power. This is expected to hamper the adoption rate of these devices among users, thereby limiting the growth of the market in the coming years.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
GNSS Devices Market: Segmentation Analysis
- On the basis of device type, the global GNSS devices market can be divided into smartphones, personal navigation devices, and in-vehicle systems.
- The smartphones segment accounted for major market share in 2018 due to growing use of location-service features on smartphones. This segment is projected to maintain its dominance in the global GNSS devices market throughout the forecast period.
- On the basis of end-user industry, the GNSS devices market is segmented into automotive, agriculture, maritime, rail, aerospace & defense, and other end-user industries.
- Application of GNSS devices in automotive industry accounted for leading market share due to rising demand for location-based services.
North America to Lead the Global GNSS Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global GNSS devices market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is likely to dominate the global GNSS devices market from 2019 to 2027, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Rising demand from the LBS (location-based services) sector, intense competition among vendors, and launch of new products in North America are some of the key factors likely to drive the GNSS devices market in the region in the next few years.
- Moreover, technological developments in autonomous driving, and growing demand and innovation in wearable and connecting devices has boosted the demand for GNSS devices in North America.
- Europe accounted for a considerable share of the global GNSS devices market in 2018, due to advancements in technology in the region
- The GNSS devices market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the near future due to large base of manufacturing companies and the speedy adoption of connected devices.
- The GNSS devices market in Asia Pacific is largely impacted by the rapidly expanding demand from populous nations including China and India for GNSS enabled solutions and applications.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global GNSS devices market was moderately concentrated in 2018 with presence of few regional and international GNSS devices market players who occupy prominent share in the market. These vendors are engaged in offering varied products to end-users and adopt different strategies to remain relevant in this competitive environment. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Mediatek Inc.
- STmicroelectronics N.V.
- Skyworks Solutions Inc.
- Furuno Electric Co. Ltd
- Intel Corporation
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Global GNSS Devices Market: Research Scope
GNSS Devices Market, by Device Type
- Personal Navigation Devices
- In-vehicle Systems
GNSS Devices Market, by End-use Industry
- Aerospace & Defense
- Other End-use Industries
Global GNSS Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.