Gluten Tolerance Test Kits Market: Overview
- GLUTEN is the collective name for combination of water-insoluble proteins found in the seeds of wheat, rye, and barley. People with gluten sensitivity have elevated response to gluten. These individuals are unable to digest gluten leading to diarrhea, inflammation of the surface of the small intestine, and vomiting.
- Diarrhea, fatigue, anemia, weight loss, abdominal discomfort, vomiting, and stomatitis are key symptoms for gluten sensitivity. Adoption of a gluten-free diet, avoiding foods containing rye, barley, wheat, and other cereal grains is the best treatment for people with gluten sensitivity.
- The global gluten tolerance test kits market is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to rise in number of patients performing food tolerance tests, increase in awareness about food sensitivity, and availability of wide range of products for food intolerance testing
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Gluten Tolerance Test Kits Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Gluten Tolerance Test Kits Market
- The global gluten tolerance test kits market is expected to be driven by various factors such as increase in prevalence of celiac disease and increase in adoption of home-based glucose tolerance test kits
- According to the Celiac Disease Foundation, the prevalence of celiac disease was 0.5% in Africa and North America, 0.6% in Asia, 0.8% in Europe and Oceania, and 4% in South America from 1991 to 2016
- Several government bodies and regulatory authorities have designed guidelines for celiac disease screening and gluten intolerance test. The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) Guidelines for Coeliac Disease recommended Immunoglobulin A (IgA) tissue transglutaminase (tTG) as a primary test for coeliac disease. In case of negative IgA tTG test and low total IgA levels, NICE recommends a secondary test for IgG tTG.
- Such guidelines enable to determine the need to increase efforts toward celiac disease screening, thereby driving the gluten tolerance kits market
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Gluten Tolerance Test Kits Market
- North America is projected to account for prominent share of the gluten tolerance test kits market during the forecast period, led by increase in focus on enacting regulations related to gluten test and food labelling and increase in number of products available in retail pharmacies and e-commerce
- In August 2013, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) established gluten-free labeling regulations including gluten limits for gluten-free foods. As per the gluten limits by the FDA, ‘gluten-free’ are those which have gluten content of less than 20 ppm.
- Rise in number of manufacturers offering ease to use home test and increase in number of private laboratories providing food tolerance testing services are projected to drive the gluten intolerance test kits market
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Gluten Tolerance Test Kits Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global gluten tolerance test kits market are:
- PRIMA Lab SA
- Glutenostics, Inc.
- NanoRepro AG.
- myLAB Box.
- Cerascreen GmbH
- Verisana Lab
- Personal Diagnostics
- Labsystems Diagnostics Oy
- SMARTBLOOD LIMITED
- YORKTEST Laboratories
- Immuno Laboratories, Inc.
- Microdrop LLC.
Global Gluten Tolerance Test Kits Market: Research Scope
Global Gluten Tolerance Test Kits Market, by Sample Type
- Blood Test
- Urine Test
- Stool Test
Global Gluten Tolerance Test Kits Market, by Application
- Celiac Disease Screening
- Food Intolerance
Global Gluten Tolerance Test Kits Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Home Care Settings
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.