Glutaraldehyde Market: Introduction
- Glutaraldehyde is a preserving and a sterilizing organic compound. This aldehyde is available in the form of aqueous solution, and is colorless oily liquid with a pungent smell. The compound is observed as strong sterilizer, toxic, and irritant.
- Glutaraldehyde is biodegradable, formaldehyde free, non-carcinogenic, non-bio-accumulative, and non-persistent. Due to these properties, it is widely used in high-level disinfection and water treatments. Furthermore, the 0.1% to 1% of concentration of glutaraldehyde is used as preservative and biocide.
Key Drivers of Global Glutaraldehyde Market
- Demand for glutaraldehyde is high in the health care industry, as its cold disinfection properties are expected to act as a major driving factor for the market. Industries, such as petroleum, paper and pulp, and animal health, have created several opportunities for the global glutaraldehyde market.
- Majority of medically invasive procedures require sterilization of the equipment in order to avoid infection resulting from contaminated equipment. Therefore, glutaraldehyde solution is extensively used in the healthcare sector to cold sterilize the equipment prior to any surgical procedure.
- Hospex, Glutarex, Cidex, Aldesen, and Soniacide are some of the sterilizing products used for medical equipment that contain glutaraldehyde as an active ingredient. Glutaraldehyde is also used as a fixative agent for tissues.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Glutaraldehyde Market Brochure
Health Care Application Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Health care is projected to be the dominant application segment of the glutaraldehyde market, owing to increasing demand for disinfectants in the industry for sanitizing and sterilization purposes. Changing lifestyles of individuals have led to increased spending on personal care & hygiene, which also impacted the growth of the segment in the past few years.
- Growing concerns regarding water crisis and impurities in supply water have fueled the demand for water treatment systems at commercial and industrial scale, which use glutaraldehyde solutions as a microbicide in the wastewater treatment industry
- Around 45% to 50% of the glutaraldehyde solution is used as a microbicide in evaporative recirculating cooling towers and large air-conditioning systems, whereas less than 10% of aqueous glutaraldehyde is used in the water treatment application
- Approximately 25%–50% of glutaraldehyde solutions is used in the leather tanning application, where it increases the resistance of leathers toward water, alkalis, and mold, and soften them. It also used in off shore applications, where it is added to sea water in order to prevent attack from certain sulfate reducing microorganisms, which cause corrosion.
- Glutaraldehyde is used in industrial cleaning agents, particularly in the food and beverage industry and tobacco industry, owing to its good disinfecting property
Toxicity and Hazardous Nature of Glutaraldehyde to Hamper Market Growth
- Despite the wide spread application of glutaraldehyde, its high toxic and environmentally hazardous nature is anticipated to act as a major restraint for the market growth
- Use of this chemical is highly regulated by the government in respective regions, owing to health risks associated with it. Even 1% solution of glutaraldehyde is poisonous for humans and animals, and products containing more than 0.1% glutaraldehyde solution are labeled as hazardous.
- Market players are focusing to lower dependency on glutaraldehyde and find suitable substitutes, as high level of precaution is needed to reduce occupational and environmental exposure to glutaraldehyde
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Glutaraldehyde Market
- In terms of region, the global glutaraldehyde market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is a major market for glutaraldehyde, owing to well-established research-based pharmaceutical and tanning industries in the region. Moreover, rising demand for glutaraldehyde in countries, such as the U.K., Australia, Norway, and France, has fueled market growth in the region.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a rapidly growing market for glutaraldehyde, owing to the expanding health care and water treatment sectors in the region
- This market in Latin America is estimated to grow at a significant rate, owing to increasing animal housing activities in several countries of the region
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Glutaraldehyde Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global glutaraldehyde market is highly consolidated with a few major players dominating the market. Players operating in the market are concentrated in Europe and North America regions, and account for a substantial share of the glutaraldehyde market.
Key players operating in the global glutaraldehyde market include:
- BASF SE
- Dow Chemicals
- Union Carbide Corporation
- Finoric LLC
- Laohekou Jinghong Chemical Co., Ltd.
Global Glutaraldehyde Market: Research Scope
Global Glutaraldehyde Market, by Product
- Glutaraldehyde 25%
- Glutaraldehyde 50%
Global Glutaraldehyde Market, by Application
- Health Care
- Cleaning Agent
- Water Treatment
Global Glutaraldehyde Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.