Glufosinate Ammonium Market: Highlights
- Glufosinate ammonium is a highly effective herbicide used to control weeds in more than 100 crops in many countries across the globe. Farmers rely on glufosinate ammonium, as it ensures a high degree of crop safety; it only affects the parts of the plant where it is applied. It is effective against a broad range of weeds, thus eliminating the need to apply several herbicides to control different weeds on a given crop. Its unique mode of action makes it ideal for usage in rotation with other herbicides to mitigate weed resistance.
- Glufosinate ammonium plays a vital role in weed resistance management, helping improve crop health, agricultural yield, and global food security when used as part of an Integrated Weed Management (IWM) program
- Unlike products with a root systemic mode of action, the herbicide can treat new branches emerging from the roots of a tree (suckers) selectively without harming the mother tree or vine. It also controls weeds at the same time. Thus, it as an essential herbicides for crops such as vines, tree nuts, stone fruit, or olives.
Key Drivers of Glufosinate Ammonium Market
- Growth in usage of herbicides in the agriculture industry is expected to drive the demand for glufosinate ammonium during the forecast period. Fungal infection is one of the major concerns for farmers. It adversely affects the quality and productivity of the produce. Fungal infections are one of the leading causes of crop loss. Such fungal diseases of vegetable plants are especially unfavorable for vegetable gardeners and farmers. Hence, vegetable gardeners and farmers use fungicide treatments, which are essential and more efficient in preventing the spread of fungal infections.
- Glufosinate ammonium is frequently used as a fungicide for cereal crops, vegetables, and fruits. Thus, increase in usage of glufosinate ammonium as fungicide for agricultural applications is likely to boost the market during the forecast period.
Glufosinate Ammonium Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global glufosinate ammonium market can be segmented into herbicides, fungicides, desiccant, defoliant, and others
- The herbicides segment is projected to account for significant share of the global glufosinate ammonium market during the forecast period. Global initiatives to improve agricultural productivity and growth in awareness about herbicide are estimated to positively impact the glufosinate ammonium market during the forecast period.
- Expanding at a healthy growth rate, fungicides, desiccant, and defoliant segments are expected to create significant incremental opportunities during the forecast period
- In terms of demand, the others segment is anticipated to expand at a moderate to high pace in the near future.
Glufosinate Ammonium Market: Covid-19 Impact
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a negative impact on the global economy. It has adversely affected various industrial sectors by hampering the supply chain. Purchase and consumption behavior have changed significantly across various sectors with months of consumer lockdown and closure of international supply chains and retail businesses. This has adversely impacted the global glufosinate ammonium market.
- The combination of extended lockdowns in developed market economies and domestic social distancing has deepened the adverse impact on emerging market economies. The agricultural industry has also been impacted by the extended lockdown. Import/export of major fertilizers has impacted the agricultural industry to some extent, thus affecting the global glufosinate ammonium market.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Glufosinate Ammonium Market
- In terms of region, the global glufosinate ammonium market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. In North America, the U.S. aims to promote investments in its end-use industries. This is estimated to boost the glufosinate ammonium market in the country.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific held major share of the market in 2019, followed by North America and Europe. Asia Pacific is a highly promising region of the global market. This trend is expected to continue in the next few years due to the large consumption of glufosinate ammonium in the agrochemical industry, particularly in China and India.
- North America and Europe also accounted for vital share of the global glufosinate ammonium market in 2019
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. End-use industries in Mexico have been expanding steadily. The market in the UAE also exhibits significant growth. This is projected to drive the demand for glufosinate ammonium in Latin America and Middle East & Africa during the forecast period.
Global Glufosinate Ammonium Market: Research Scope
Key Manufacturers in Market
The global glufosinate ammonium market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global glufosinate ammonium market include:
- Bayer CropScience
- Monsanto Company
- Lier Chemical
- Jiangsu Huangma
- Dow AgroSciences
- Hebei Veyong Biochemical Co., Ltd.
Global Glufosinate Ammonium Market, by Application
Global Glufosinate Ammonium Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.