Glucocorticoid Drugs: Introduction
- Glucocorticoid drugs are synthetic versions of glucocorticoids; steroids that are naturally occurring compounds in the body. These have several functions. These drugs interrupt inflammation by moving into cells and suppressing the proteins that go on to promote inflammation. These also help the body respond to stress and regulate body metabolism.
- Glucocorticoids are the first line of treatment for the management of any sort of adrenal insufficiency. The medication form of glucocorticoids such as hydrocortisone and other glucocorticoids (dexamethasone and prednisone) is recommended as a lifetime hormone replacement therapy for otherwise impaired cortisol levels.
- Glucocorticoid drugs available in the market are betamethasone, cortisone, dexamethasone, hydrocortisone, methylprednisolone, prednisolone, prednisone, and triamcinolone
- Glucocorticoid drugs are used to treat several disorders including autoimmune disorders, allergies & asthma, adrenal insufficiency, heart failure, cancer, and skin conditions
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Glucocorticoid Drugs Market
- The number of patients affected with chronic diseases is rising across the world. Increase in incidence of chronic diseases of the liver, heart, kidneys, and pancreas; and blood disorders, have augmented the demand for glucocorticoids.
- Increase in the incidence of chronic diseases and rise in the geriatric population across the globe drive the global glucocorticoid drugs market
- Surge in health care expenditure, rise in global per capita income, and improvement in health care infrastructure & government reimbursement programs in developed as well as developing countries are projected to propel the global glucocorticoid drugs market in the near future
- Glucocorticoids may sound like miracle drugs, but these do have side effects. Some of them are critical and quite damaging. Hence, these drugs are not prescribed for long-term use. Side effects of these drugs include increase in blood sugar level, rise in cholesterol & triglyceride levels, surge in risk of ulcers & gastritis, and suppression of immune system. Long-term use could cause weight gain, diabetes, acne, depression, and fatigue. Therefore, side effects associated with the use of glucocorticoids are likely to hamper the growth of the global market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Allergies & Asthma to Lead Global Market
- The global glucocorticoid drugs market can be segmented based on drug type, indication, distribution channel, and region
- In terms of drug type, the global glucocorticoid drugs market can be divided into betamethasone, cortisone, dexamethasone, hydrocortisone, methylprednisolone, prednisolone, prednisone, triamcinolone, and others
- Based on indication, the global market can be categorized into allergies & asthma, arthritis, autoimmune disorders (multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.), cancer, postoperative inflammation, psoriasis, skin disorders, ulcerative colitis, and others
- In terms of end-user, the global glucocorticoid drugs market can be classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
Asia Pacific to be Lucrative Market
- The global glucocorticoid drugs market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Improving health care infrastructure, rise in awareness about timely diagnosis of underlying disorders, and large undiagnosed patient population are anticipated to present significant opportunities in the glucocorticoid drugs market in Asia Pacific in the near future.
Key Players Operating in Global Glucocorticoid Drugs Market
Leading players in the global glucocorticoid drugs market are:
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Pfizer, Inc.
- AstraZeneca plc
- Novartis International AG
Global Glucocorticoid Drugs Market: Research Scope
Global Glucocorticoid Drugs Market, by Drug Type
Global Glucocorticoid Drugs Market, by Indication
- Allergies & Asthma
- Autoimmune Disorders (multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.)
- Postoperative Inflammation
- Skin Disorders
- Ulcerative Colitis
Global Glucocorticoid Drugs Market, by End-user
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Glucocorticoid Drugs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.