Glomerulonephritis Treatment Market: Introduction
- Glomeruli is an internal structure of kidney, which consists of a network of small blood vessels known as tuft located at the beginning of a nephron in the kidney. The main function of glomeruli is to remove excess fluid and waste from the bloodstream and pass them into the urine. Glomerulonephritis is a kidney disease caused by the inflammation of filtering units of the kidney called glomeruli. Glomerulonephritis is often caused by disturbance in the immune system due to infection or systemic lupus erythematosus, IgA nephropathy, hypertension, diabetes, etc. Pain in joints, rashes, heavy breathing, colored urine, fluid retention with swelling evident on face, hands, feet, and abdomen are some of the symptoms of glomerulonephritis. Early diagnosis and prompt treatment are important to prevent kidney failure.
- The global glomerulonephritis treatment market is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to rise in awareness about its side effects on kidneys
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Glomerulonephritis Treatment Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Glomerulonephritis Treatment Market
- Glomerulonephritis causes severe inflammation and damage to kidneys, which can sometimes result in complete kidney failure. The mortality rate of glomerulonephritis ranges from 7% to as high as 80%, with an average mortality rate of approximately 35%. According to the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015, 1.2 million people died due to kidney failure across the world, in 2015, an increase of 32% since 2005. Moreover, the same study also stated that in 2010, 2.62 million people received dialysis worldwide and the need for dialysis is projected to double by 2030. Rise in cases of acute kidney diseases is expected to drive the global glomerulonephritis treatment market during the forecast period.
- Age is a major factor responsible for the rise in the prevalence of glomerulonephritis and related kidney diseases such as hypertension and diabetes. According to the WHO, the world’s population of people aged 60 years and above is expected to reach 2 billion and that of people aged 80 years and above is likely to reach approximately 400 million by 2050. Studies have shown that a majority (60%-70%) of elderly population is highly susceptible to acute kidney injuries, which, in turn, will drive the global market.
Key Opportunities of Global Glomerulonephritis Treatment Market
- Key players in the global glomerulonephritis treatment market are acquiring emerging players to expand their product portfolio. Companies prefer to acquire R&D units of emerging players, aiming to co-develop innovative technologies. The strategy offers immense opportunities to companies, wherein companies can leverage production and commercialize products.
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Glomerulonephritis Treatment Market
- North America is a leading consumer of glomerulonephritis treatment drugs due to high awareness about the adverse effects of the disease on kidneys. The U.S. is a major market for glomerulonephritis treatment in North America. Key factors, such as increase in geriatric population, incidences of acute kidney injuries, and a highly structured health care industry are expected to fuel the growth of this market in the U.S.
- The glomerulonephritis treatment market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Common causes of kidney diseases in countries such as India and China are diabetes and hypertension. According to the Karger International Journal 2019, the approximate prevalence of kidney disease is 800 per million population and the incidence of end-stage renal disease is 150–200 per million population. This high incident rate of kidney disease has led to awareness about early diagnosis and treatment of glomerulonephritis.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Glomerulonephritis Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
Major players operating in the global glomerulonephritis market are:
- Par Pharmaceutical
- Mylan N.V.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Zhejiang Huahai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Aurobindo Pharma
- Pfizer, Inc.
Global Glomerulonephritis Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Glomerulonephritis Treatment Market, by Type
- Acute Glomerulonephritis
- Chronic Glomerulonephritis
Global Glomerulonephritis Treatment Market, by Drug Type
- Angiotensin-converting Enzyme Inhibitors
- Angiotensin Receptor Blockers
- Water Pills
Global Glomerulonephritis Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Glomerulonephritis Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.