Sulfur Chemicals: Introduction
- Sulfur is among the most important raw materials in the chemical industry. Majority of the sulfur is used in the preparation of its derivatives such as sodium hydro sulfide, sodium hydrosulfite, sodium sulfide, sodium sulfite, sodium thiosulfate, and sulfuric acid. These chemicals are extensively used in paper, pulp, water treatment, photographic, and textile industries.
Key Drivers of Global Sulfur Chemicals Market
- Rise in demand for sulfur chemicals in various end-use industries such as food, wine, pharmaceuticals, oil & gas, agriculture, detergents, and bio-chemical processes is boosting the global sulfur chemicals market. Sulfur chemicals are also vital ingredients in fertilizers. They are used in the vulcanization of black rubber, plaster production in the construction industry, and treatment of bacterial, fungal, and skin related diseases.
- Rise in awareness about hygiene and cleanliness is driving the demand for sulfur chemicals, as sulfur is used in the manufacture of detergents. It also acts as an anti-bacterial agent.
- Growth of the food industry in emerging countries of Asia Pacific is expected to offer new opportunities to the sulfur chemicals market. Rise in population is anticipated to boost the demand for food and food products. This augurs well for the sulfur chemicals market. On the other hand, sulfuric acid is one of the primary causes of environmental pollution. It reacts with the atmosphere, forming smog and causing acid rain. This may lead to health hazards such as respiratory disorders or skin inflammations among human beings. Therefore, environmental and health issues are expected to hamper the sulfur chemicals market in the near future.
Rubber Application Segment Expected to Expand at Significant Pace
- Rubber is one of the major applications of the global sulfur chemicals market. Sulfur is used in the vulcanization of black rubber. Growth of the rubber industry is projected to bolster the sulfur chemicals market during the forecast period. Mercaptans, which are organosulfur compounds, are added to gas supplies for their peculiar smell so that gas leak can be identified.
- The oil & gas industry has been expanding significantly since the last few years. Sulfur is used during the oil refining process. This trend is projected to positively influence the sulfur chemicals market during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact on Sulfur Chemicals Market
- The global COVID-19 pandemic has led to a sudden pause in manufacturing activities across the globe, thus affecting the demand for various products. Critically impacted end-use industries include rubber, oil & gas, textile, and electronics. Sulfur chemicals is used extensively in these industries. This has hampered the sulfur chemicals market.
- Contrary to the trend prevalent in the industry in general, certain segments of the market such as detergents and pharmaceuticals are witnessing a surge in demand in the health care sector. This is expected to propel the demand for sulfur chemicals in these applications.
- Easing of restrictions and recovery of economic activities in the consumer goods market space are anticipated to augment the demand for sulfur chemicals in the near future
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Sulfur Chemicals Market
- In terms of region, the global sulfur chemicals market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to lead the sulfur chemicals market owing to high demand for the chemical in the food industry. Rise in disposable income and changing lifestyle of the people in emerging countries such as China and India is boosting the consumption of processed food. Increase in focus of the textile industry on developing countries such as China and India is also driving the sulfur chemicals market in the region. Sulfur chemicals are used in the production of textiles. Sodium hydrosulfide is used extensively for dyeing. These factors are driving the demand for sulfur chemicals in Asia Pacific.
- Rise in disposable income of consumers is boosting the demand for processed food in North America, Latin America, and Europe. This is creating immense demand for preservatives. In turn, this is driving the sulfur chemicals market in these regions. Strict regulations regarding water treatment have propelled the demand for sulfur chemicals in North America. The sulfur chemicals market in Middle East and Africa is also expected to witness significant growth in the next few years.
Key Players Operating in Market
The global sulfur chemicals market is consolidated, with few major players holding significant share of the market. These few players are expected to account for 40% to 50% share of the global market in the near future. Expansion, acquisition, joint venture, and collaboration are among the key strategies adopted by major players to increase their footprint in the global sulfur chemicals market.
Prominent players operating in the global sulfur chemicals market include:
- Georgia Gulf Sulfur Corporation
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- The STEBBINS Engineering and Manufacturing Company
- Hydrite Chemical Co.
Global Sulfur Chemicals Market: Research Scope
Global Sulfur Chemicals Market, by Derivative
- Sodium Hydrosulfide
- Sodium Hydrosulfite
- Sodium Sulfide
- Sodium Sulfite
- Sodium Thiosulfate
- Sodium Formaldehyde Sulfoxylate
- Sulfuric Acid
- Sulfur Dioxide
Global Sulfur Chemicals Market, by Application
- Food & Beverages
- Oil & Gas
- Textile & Leather
- Cleaning Chemicals
Global Sulfur Chemicals Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.