Stearates Market (Product: Calcium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Monostearate and Others; and End-User: Pharmaceutical, Plastic & Rubber Processing, Building & Construction, Paints & Coatings and Other End-users) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- Stearates are esters or salts of natural fatty acids such as palmitic acid and stearic acid. Stearates are used in various industries, as they exhibit properties such as good lubrication, foam inhibition, gelling capacity and water repellence. Furthermore, stearates act as acid scavengers and release agents. Over the past few years, demand for stearates has been rising in industries such as pharmaceutical and personal care.
- Sodium and calcium stearate have been the majorly consumed stearates over the past few years. The market for stearates is primarily driven by increasing demand for additives in the plastic & rubber processing industry.
- Stearates are used in the plastic & rubber processing industry as these offer excellent lubricating, gelling, stabilizing, and anti-caking properties. They also reduce the extruder pressure required during the compounding of polyolefins and PVC. Furthermore, rise in demand for stearates in the building & construction industry is considered as the key driving factor for market growth. Stearates are added to cement and mortar as they enhance water repellent properties
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
What are Key Growth Drivers of Global Stearates Market?
- Plastic and rubber are two of the most widely used materials in day-to-day life. Processing & compounding is one of the essential methods to convert these materials into desirable sizes and shapes. Plastic materials such as Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Polyethylene (PE), and Polypropylene (PP) are processed into granules, fluids, sheets, and formed shapes or parts. Plastic and rubber materials contain a variety of additives that alter their properties and have influence on processability. Stearates are considered as one of the key additives required for the processing of plastics and rubber.
- Stearates are used widely in the plastic and rubber processing industry as they offer excellent lubricating, gelling, stabilizing, and anti-caking properties. They also reduce the extruder pressure required during the compounding of polyolefins and PVC. Moreover, stearates act as a partitioning and densifying agent in the plastic processing industry. Metallic stearates are used as acid scavengers for plastic applications. They increase the throughput and facilitate the production of smoother and low friction surfaces..
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
What are Key Challenges for Global Stearates Market?
- Stearic acid is one of the major raw materials required for the production of stearates. Stearic acid is generally present in vegetable and animal oils and fats; however, it is abundant in animal fats as compared to vegetable oils. Vegetable oil and fat includes palm oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, and soy oil. Rising prices of fats and oils are driving the price hikes in stearates.
- There have been wide fluctuations in the prices of vegetable and animal fats and oil in the recent past. Prices have been volatile and are anticipated to follow similar trends during the forecast period. Manufacturers are concerned about the profitability and viability of their business due to these variations in prices. Increase in raw material prices is directly affecting the prices of products. Various manufacturers have increased the prices of stearates in the recent past to recover profits. This puts added pressure on customers.
Lucrative Opportunities for Players in Global Stearates Market
- Stearates are gaining higher importance in the food industry due to the approval from the US FDA as ‘GRAS” and Food Chemical Codex. Demand for stearates such as magnesium and calcium stearates is rising in confectioneries such as candies and dragees.
- Demand for stearates is increasing in the feed industry owing to the rise in animal feed consumption.
- Sodium and calcium stearates enhance the gelling properties, flowability, and emulsification of animal feed materials. Furthermore, pharmaceutical is another end-user industry wherein the usage of stearates as an excipient has increased in the recent past.
- Stearates are used as lubricant and flowability agents during the formulation of tablets and dietary supplements.
- Magnesium and calcium stearates are primarily used in the pharmaceutical industry. Demand for stearate is anticipated to rise in the next few years, led by an increase in demand for pharmaceuticals.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Stearates Market
- Asia Pacific dominated the demand for stearates in 2018, due to growing plastic, construction and paint industries. Countries such as China, Japan and India are expected to follow similar trend over the next few years. Demand for stearates in the region is anticipated to rise at a faster rate during the forecast period.
- China has been dominating the demand for stearates in Asia Pacific over the past decade. The country is considered a major manufacturing hub for plastic & rubber processing. Furthermore, rise in demand for paints & coatings is expected to drive stearates in China.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Stearates Market, ask for a customized report
Leading Players in Global Stearates Market
- Companies such as
- Baerlocher GmbH
- FACI S.p.A.
- Norac Additives Inc.
- Ferro Corporation
- Dover Chemical Corporation
- Peter Greven GmbH & Co. KG
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
- PMC Biogenix, Inc.
- Sun Ace Kakoh (Pte.) Ltd.
- the major manufacturers in the stearates market. Most manufacturers in the industry offer calcium stearate, magnesium stearate and zinc stearate, among others.
Global Stearates Market – Scope of Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global stearates market to gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating a landscape for growth of the global stearates market. The study also identifies growth avenues for stakeholders. The report provides insightful information about how the global stearates market is likely to expand during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global stearates market that aid companies operating in the market in making strategic decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the personal care industry with respect to the global stearates market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight growth prospects of the global stearates market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (kilo tons) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global stearates market, along with key information and a competition landscape. The report mentions company profiles of key players operating in the global stearates market, wherein various developments and expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Global Stearates Market
The report provides detailed information about the global stearates market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global stearates market that would help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which product segment of the global stearates market would emerge as a leading revenue generator during the forecast period?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the global stearates market between 2019 and 2027?
- What are winning imperatives of frontrunners in the global stearates market?
- Which end user segment is expected to generate maximum revenue in the global market for stearates during the forecast period?
Research Methodology – Global Stearates Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the global stearates market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the global stearates market.
For primary research, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global stearates market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global stearates market.
Global Stearates Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study segments the global stearates market in terms of type, application, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and growth trends associated with different segments and explains how they are influencing the growth of the global stearates market.
Others (including lithium stearate)
Plastic & rubber processing
Building & construction
Paints & coatings
Middle East & Africa