Glioma Therapeutics Market: Emerging Chemotherapies can be Effective Treatment Options
- Glioma is a condition which covers a broad category of brain and spinal cord tumors that come from glial cells in brain that support nerve cells. Glioma can affect brain function and may be fatal depending on its location and severity of tumor.
- Glial cells are cells in brain which surround and support neurons in the brain including astrocytes, oligodendrocytes, and ependymal cells. Glioma is a common type of tumor originating in the brain which is formed in these glial cells.
- Glioma has different types such as astrocytoma, brain stem gliomas, ependymomas, mixed gliomas (oligo-astrocytomas), oligodendrogliomas, and optic pathway gliomas
- Risk factors may range from older age (more common in adults between 45-65 years of age) and radiation exposure to family history of glioma
- Various therapeutic options are available for the treatment of glioma such as radiation therapy, chemotherapy, targeted drug therapy, and surgery. Late stage clinical pipeline drugs can be effective treatment options for glioma in the next few years.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Glioma Therapeutics Market
- Expected approval of late-stage pipeline molecules and orphan drug designation to certain molecules for the treatment of glioma are some of the major factors responsible for the growth of the global glioma therapeutics market
- For instance, on December 05, 2019, U.S. FDA and European Medicines Agency granted orphan drug designation to Adastra Pharmaceuticals drug zotiraciclib, a multikinase inhibitor. This products is being evaluated in two phase 1b clinical studies of patients with glioblastoma, the most common glioma histology for the treatment of glioma.
- Growing prevalence of brain cancer and rising awareness regarding various types of brain tumors are some of the major factors fuelling the growth of global glioma therapeutics market
- Moreover, strategic alliances for the development of glioma therapeutics products and increase in exposure of humans to radiation in recent times which leads to higher incidence of brain cancer are some of the major factors responsible for the growth of the global glioma therapeutics market
Adverse Effects of Chemotherapy Hamper Market:
- Regrowth of tumor after treatment & surgery in many cases and adverse effects of chemotherapy are some of the factors hampering the growth of the global glioma therapeutics market
- Increase in investment in developing new molecules and unsuccessful trials can also negatively impact the global glioma therapeutics market
Chemotherapy Segment to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on therapy type, global glioma therapeutics market can be segmented into chemotherapy, targeted drug therapy, radiation therapy, and surgery
- Chemotherapy is a highly promising segment of the market which is expected to show significant growth during the forecast period, owing to expected launch and approval of new molecules for glioma treatment and higher investment of companies for pipeline products in this category
- The chemotherapy segment is further sub-segmented into Temozolomide, Bevacizumab, Carmustine, and others
Low Grade Gliomas to be Promising Grade Segment
- In terms of grade, the global glioma therapeutics market can be divided into low-grade gliomas, high-grade gliomas, and recurrent high-grade gliomas
- The low-grade gliomas segment is anticipated to be a highly lucrative segment in the near future due to more treatment options availability and early detection of tumor of this grade
Primary Dominated Tumor Type Segment
- Based on tumor type, the global glioma therapeutics market can be bifurcated into primary tumors and secondary tumors
- Primary tumors are further sub-divided into astrocytoma, ependymoma, brain stem gliomas, oligodendrogliomas, mixed gliomas, and others
- Primary tumors dominated the global glioma therapeutics market as they are a more prevalent form of tumors across the world
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
North America to Dominate Global Glioma Therapeutics Market
- In terms of region, the global glioma therapeutics market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global glioma therapeutics market in 2018 due to approval of new products for glioma treatment, higher prevalence of brain tumor cases in the region, growing exposure of population to radiation, and presence of major companies in the region
- For instance, as per the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) stats, an estimated 23,820 adults in the U.S. are diagnosed with primary cancerous tumors of the brain and spinal cord in 2018. Brain tumors accounted for 85% to 90% of all primary CNS tumors.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to be highly attractive during the forecast period due to launch of approved products in the region in later half of forecast period, higher number of geriatric population, increase in patients with cancer, and rise in awareness regarding diseases & treatment
Key Manufacturers Operating in global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Amgen Inc.
- Adastra Pharmaceuticals
- NextSource Biotechnology, LLC
- Novartis AG
- Mylan N.V.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Global Glioma Therapeutics Market: Research Scope
Global Glioma Therapeutics Market, by Therapy Type
- Targeted Drug Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
Global Glioma Therapeutics Market, by Grade
- Low-grade Gliomas
- High-grade Gliomas
- Recurrent High-grade Gliomas
Global Glioma Therapeutics Market, by Tumor Type
- Primary Tumors
- Brain Stem Gliomas
- Mixed Gliomas
- Secondary Tumors
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.