Glioma: A Common Type of Brain Tumor That can be Fatal
- Glioma is a common type of tumor originating in the brain, which is formed in glial cells. Glial cells are cells in the brain, which surround and support neurons in the brain including astrocytes, oligodendrocytes, and ependymal cells.
- Glioma can affect functioning of the brain and it can be fatal, depending on its location and severity of tumor
- Glioma is of different types: astrocytomas, brain stem gliomas, ependymomas, mixed gliomas (oligo-astrocytomas), oligodendrogliomas, and optic pathway gliomas
- Headache; seizures; numbness; weakness in the arms, the face, or the legs; and personality changes are some of the major symptoms observed in patients with glioma
- Risk factors for the development of glioma range from old age (more common in adults between 45-65 years of age) and radiation exposure to family history of glioma
- Various diagnostic methods are available for detection of glioma. Depending on severity of the disease, different types of treatments or therapies are suggested to patients.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Glioma Diagnosis Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Glioma Diagnosis Market
- Advancements in brain tumor diagnosis and growing prevalence of brain cancer are some of the major factors fueling the global glioma diagnosis market
- For instance, as per the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), around 23,820 adults in the U.S. were diagnosed with primary cancerous tumors of the brain and the spinal cord in 2018. Brain tumors accounted for 85% to 90% of all primary CNS (central nervous system) tumors in the country in the year.
- Combination of most advanced diagnostic scanning techniques and rising awareness regarding various types of brain tumors are some of the major factors responsible for growth of the global glioma diagnosis market
- Moreover, growing human exposure to radiations in recent times is leading to high rate of incidence of the brain cancer. This is another factor driving the global glioma diagnosis market.
Higher Costs of Diagnosis Hamper Global Market
- Cost of diagnosis of the brain tumor is very high and it is unaffordable for patients in several developing countries. This high cost can adversely impact the global glioma diagnosis market.
- Regrowth of tumor after treatment and surgery in several cases and adverse effects of chemotherapy are also projected to hamper the global market for glioma diagnosis during the forecast period
Primary Tumor Type Segment Dominates Global Market
- Based on tumor type, the global glioma diagnosis market can be bifurcated into primary tumors and secondary tumors
- The primary tumors segment can be sub-divided into astrocytomas, ependymomas, brain stem gliomas, oligodendrogliomas, mixed gliomas, and others
- The primary tumors segment dominates the global glioma diagnosis market, as primary tumors are more prevalent across the world
Low-grade Gliomas a Promising Grade Segment
- In terms of grade, the global glioma diagnosis market can be segmented into low-grade gliomas, high-grade gliomas, and recurrent high-grade gliomas
- Low-grade gliomas is expected to be the most lucrative segment in the next few years, due to availability of more treatment options and early detection of tumors of low grade
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Glioma Diagnosis Market, Ask for a Customized Report
PET Scan Segment Witnesses Strong Growth
- In terms of diagnosis test, the global glioma diagnosis market can be classified into neurological exams, computed tomography (CT) scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), positron emission tomography (PET) scan, biopsy, electroencephalography (EEG), and others
- The MRI segment accounted for a major market share in 2018. The PET scans segment is estimated to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to better sensitivity and higher rate of precision offered by MRI for glioma diagnosis
Hospitals & Clinics a Dominant End-user Segment
- Based on end-user, the global glioma diagnosis market can be segmented into hospitals & clinics, diagnostic imaging centers, cancer research institutes, and others
- The hospitals & clinics segment dominated the global glioma diagnosis market in 2018, owing to the large number of admissions of cancer patients at hospitals and availability of advanced equipment at hospitals and clinics
North America to Lead Global Market for Glioma Diagnosis
- In terms of region, the global glioma diagnosis market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global glioma diagnosis market in 2018, due to high prevalence of brain tumor in the region, growing radiation exposure, and availability of advanced diagnostic devices in the region
- Asia Pacific is likely to be a more promising market for glioma diagnosis in the next few years, due to large geriatric population, the large number of patients with cancer, and rise in awareness regarding diseases and their diagnosis in the region. As per a study published by NCBI in September 2011, the rate of prevalence of primary brain tumors in China was 24.56 per 100,000 people in 2006.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global glioma diagnosis market are:
- GE Healthcare
- Siemens Healthineers
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Hitachi Medical Corporation
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
- Carestream Health
- Hologic, Inc.
- CANON MEDICAL SYSTEMS CORPORATION
- ESAOTE SPA
Global Glioma Diagnosis Market: Research Scope
Global Glioma Diagnosis Market, by Tumor Type
- Primary Tumors
- Brain Stem Gliomas
- Mixed Gliomas
- Secondary Tumors
Global Glioma Diagnosis Market, by Grade
- Low-grade Gliomas
- High-grade Gliomas
- Recurrent High-grade Gliomas
Global Glioma Diagnosis Market, by Diagnosis Test
- Neurological Exams
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scan
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scan
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
Global Glioma Diagnosis Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & clinics
- Diagnostic Imaging Centers
- Cancer Research Institutes
Global Glioma Diagnosis Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.