Glass Ionomer Cement Market
Glass Ionomer Cement Market (Form: Powder and Paste; Type: Dental Restorative Cement, Dental Luting Cement, and Others; and Application: Hospitals, Dental Clinics, Dental Institutes & Research Centers, and Others) - Global & Asia Pacific Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Growing Demand for Minimally Invasive Dental Procedures to Boost Market Growth
Traditional glass ionomer cement gained mainstream recognition across the dental sector in the 1970s and since then, the demand for glass ionomer cement has witnessed consistent growth. Glass ionomer is primarily used as a cement in the field of dentistry, owing to its biocompatible nature. Over the past decade, considerable efforts have been made by glass ionomer cement manufacturers to improve the mechanical properties of traditional glass ionomer– a trend that is expected to continue during the forecast period. Resin-modified glass ionomers have gained considerable attention, along with hydrophilic monomers– another factor that is likely to provide considerable boost to the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market.
The growing interest in the application of bioactive materials across the dental field is a major factor that is projected to drive innovations in the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market during the assessment period. Glass ionomer cement is increasingly being used across the dental field in a range of applications, including, luting crowns, orthodontic brackets, and bridges. Consistent modification of glass ionomer types of cement over the past few years has been carried out to address issues, such as mechanical integrity and improve the fracture load threshold.
At the back of these factors, along with growing emphasis on improving the overall applicability of glass ionomer cement, the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market is expected to cross a value of US$ 1.7 Bn by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Glass Ionomer Cement Market
Technological Advancements Lead to Launch of Various Forms of Glass Ionomer Cements
The past two to three decades has witnessed consistent development across the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market in terms of research, technology, and more. Technological advancements have played an imperative role in the production of different forms of glass ionomer cements. Some of the most extensively used glass ionomer cements include metal-reinforced glass ionomer, resin modified glass ionomer cements, fiber reinforced glass ionomer cement, and nanoionmer, among others. Innovations in the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market have gained pace, owing to shortcomings of the conventional glass ionomer cement. The demand for resin-modified glass ionomer cements has witnessed consistent growth over the past few years due to superior mechanical properties in comparison with the conventional glass ionomer cement.
More recently, the advent of nanotechnology, also termed as molecular technology, in the dental field has emerged as an ideal tooth restoration alternative with improved physical and mechanical properties. As players involved in the current market for glass ionomer cement are increasingly focusing on improving the durability and strength of traditional glass ionomer cement, new variants of glass ionomer cements are available. Several manufacturers are increasingly incorporating alumina fibers, including silica, glass, and carbon to roll out fiber-reinforced glass ionomer cement with improved strength and functionalities. Current trends across the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market indicate growing inclination toward the adoption of ‘smart’ bioactive materials to develop glass ionomer cement. In addition, research and development activities are expected to play a vital role in improving the overall characteristics of the existing glass ionomer cement.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Demand for Glass Ionomer Cement Likely to Decline amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The onset of the novel COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a moderate impact on the overall growth of the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market in 2020. While the healthcare sector is increasingly being burdened with new cases of COVID-19, governments across the world are prioritizing COVID-19 care and treatment. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the dental industry is experiencing a relatively sluggish period, as patients are either delaying treatment or canceling the same due to the fear of contracting the novel coronavirus. Although dental clinics and services were exempted from the lockdown policies in several countries, the number of patients opting for dental treatment during the COVID-19 situation has declined by a considerable margin. As a result, the demand for glass ionomer cement is expected to dip in 2020 and gradually gain momentum toward the end of 2020 or the first quarter of 2021.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Glass Ionomer Cement Market
The global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market is expected to expand at an impressive CAGR of ~8% during the forecast period. The market is primarily driven by growing demand for improved glass ionomer cement with exceptional mechanical properties, research and development activities, technological advancements, and increase in minimally invasive dental procedures. The introduction of novel technologies, such as nanotechnology in the dental field is expected to play an imperative role in boosting the production of nanoionomers. Market players should focus on improving the strength and durability of their products to gain an edge in the current market landscape.
Glass Ionomer Cement Market: Overview
- Glass ionomer cement, also known as giomer, is used as a restorative material for eroded areas. It is also used as a luting agent.
- Glass ionomer cement is highly durable and tough compared to other restorative materials. It has the same natural color as teeth. Glass ionomer cement also releases fluoride ions beneficial to the teeth. Properties of glass ionomer cement include biological compatibility, anticariogenic properties, and adhesion to moist tooth structure.
- Glass ionomer cement is primarily used for class III and class V cavities. It is not recommended for class II and VI restorations, as it lacks fracture toughness. Glass ionomer cement is susceptible to wear and cannot be used in load-bearing areas.
Glass Ionomer Cement Market: Highlights
- Glass ionomer cement is preferred for pediatric restorative dentistry due to its chemical adhesion to tooth structure and fluoride release. It is also useful for different clinical applications.
- Glass ionomer cement offers various advantages, including the ability to bond chemically to enamel and dentin, favorable thermal expansion, biocompatibility, ability to act as a fluoride release, and decreased moisture sensitivity. Thus, glass ionomer is ideal for a ‘high caries risk’ child.
- Glass ionomer possesses cariostatic quality and acts as a reservoir and source of fluoride. Glass ionomer acts as an absorbent and sponge in the uptake and release of fluoride. Fluoride recharge occurs due to exposure to fluoridated dentifrice and mouth rinses. Fluoride is effective against caries; furthermore, it is antibacterial, and helps in remineralizing enamel. These factors are driving the consumption of glass ionomer cement in pediatric dental treatment. This, in turn, is estimated to boost the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market during the forecast period.
- Glass ionomer cement is a popular restorative material due to its various beneficial properties; however, conventional glass ionomer cement has some disadvantages that hamper the market. Major disadvantages of the conventional glass ionomer cements are lack of fracture toughness and restricted applications in high load-bearing areas.
Rise in Demand for Sanitizers and Disinfectants to Drive Glass Ionomer Cement Market
- The global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market has been segmented based on form, type, application, and country. Based on form, the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market has been divided into powder and paste. In terms of revenue, the powder segment held major share of the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement in 2019.
- In terms of type, the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement has been segregated into dental restorative cement, dental luting cement, and others. In terms of value and volume, the dental restorative cement segment constituted significant share of the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market in 2019.
- Expansion of the global dental industry is likely to drive the demand for glass ionomer cement. Rise in number of dental treatment in across the globe, owing to an increase in demand for oral hygiene is boosting the demand for glass ionomer cement in the region.
Key Regional Highlights
- Based on country, the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market has been divided into China, Japan, India, Vietnam, Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Rest of ASEAN, and Rest of Asia Pacific. China dominated the glass ionomer cement market in the region in 2019. This trend is estimated to continue during the forecast period. The country is projected to create lucrative opportunities for the glass ionomer cement market in the near future.
- Rise in demand for dental materials in India, owing to the increasing number of dental treatments is anticipated to drive the glass ionomer cement market in the country during the forecast period
- Increase in trend of dental tourism in countries in Asia Pacific due to economical treatment costs is boosting the glass ionomer cement market in the region
Glass Ionomer Cement Market: Competition Landscape
- The global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market was dominated by major manufacturers of glass ionomer cement in 2019. Key players operating in the market include -
- 3M Company
- DENTSPLY SIRONA
- SHOFU Dental GmbH
- Ivoclar Vivadent AG
- VOCO GmbH
- GC America Inc.
- Kerr Corporation
- Prime Dental Manufacturing
- Medicinos linija
- IDENTA Dental Material GmbH.
Glass Ionomer Cement Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market provides readers with an assessment of the landscape of the market with the help of a comprehensive outlook. This study on the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market analyzes the market for the period from 2020 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year. The report enables readers to make important decisions regarding their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market also provides data on developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with competition analysis. The report also provides understanding of drivers, restraints, opportunities, and market trends.
This study also discusses underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market, along with their influence on growth of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis and value chain analysis of the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market in order to elaborate on crucial growth strategies of players operating in the regional market.
Key Questions Answered in Glass Ionomer Cement Market Report
- How much revenue is the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which region currently accounts for the maximum share of the glass ionomer cement market?
- What are the factors anticipated to drive the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market during the forecast period?
- Which region is likely to be a highly lucrative for glass ionomer cement during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key stakeholders of the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are major advancements in the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market?
This report answers these questions about the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making correct decisions and strategizing for expansion of their business.
Glass Ionomer Cement Market – Research Methodology
This TMR report on the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market arrived at predictions and estimations and calculated the market forecast.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market by using bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market, along with an overview of the market, is provided on the basis of a careful examination of growth opportunities. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market is set to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Glass Ionomer Cement Market – Segmentation
This report on the global & Asia Pacific glass ionomer cement market segments the market based on form, type, application, and region.