Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market: Introduction
- Giant cell arteritis (GCA) is a form of vasculitis, a family of rare disorders, which is characterized by inflammation of the blood vessels that can restrict flow of blood and damage vital organs and tissues. GCA is also called temporal arteritis and it generally affects the arteries in the scalp and neck, especially the temples. It can also affect the aorta and its large branches to the head, arms, and legs. GCA is the most common form of vasculitis in adults aged over 50.
- The most common symptoms of giant cell arteritis include throbbing headaches, fever, jaw pain, vision problems, and joint pain. Early treatment is vital to prevent serious complications such as stroke or blindness.
Key Drivers of Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market
- Rise in prevalence of cardiovascular disorders across the world boosts the growth of the global giant cell arteritis therapeutics market. Heart disease is the leading cause of death among men, women, and people of racial and ethnic groups in the U.S. One person dies every 37 seconds in the country from cardiovascular disease.
- Increase in the geriatric population is also one of the major drivers of the global giant cell arteritis therapeutics market. According to the WHO, the proportion of the world's population over 60 years will double from about 11% in 2000 to 22% in 2050. The absolute number of people aged 60 years and above is expected to increase from 605 million to 2 billion during the same period.
- Rise in awareness and technological advancements in health care are encouraging people to opt for advanced and modern treatment procedures for treating giant cell arteritis. This is projected to fuel the growth of the global giant cell arteritis treatment market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market Report
- Additionally, rise in urbanization, increase in expenditure on public health programs, and surge in research & developmental activities are anticipated to boost the growth of the global giant cell arteritis therapeutics market
- However, high medical and research & development costs are expected to restrain the global giant cell arteritis therapeutics market during the forecast period
Strategies Adopted by Key Players to Propel Global Market
- Companies operating in the global giant cell arteritis therapeutics market focus on catering to the needs of the medical community as well as patients by introducing new products and technologies. Leading players emphasize on research & development and engage in acquisitions, mergers, and colla1borations to strengthen their position in the global market.
- In December 2019, Kite (a Gilead Company) and Kiniksa Pharmaceuticals announced clinical collaboration to evaluate investigational combination of yescarta and mavrilimumab in relapsed or refractory large b-cell lymphoma. Kiniksa is developing mavrilimumab for the potential treatment of giant cell arteritis (GCA), a chronic inflammatory disease of medium to large arteries.
- In October 2019, AbbVie announced that the European Medicines Agency's (EMA) Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) adopted a positive opinion for RINVOQ (upadacitinib), a once-daily selective and reversible JAK inhibitor, for the treatment of adult patients with moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis who have responded inadequately to or who are intolerant to one or more disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs). The positive opinion is for use of upadacitinib as monotherapy or in combination with methotrexate.
- In November 2018, Roche announced the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for ACTPen 162 mg/0.9 mL, a single-dose prefilled autoinjector, for Actemra (tocilizumab) as an additional formulation for adult patients with moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis (RA) who have had an inadequate response to one or more disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs), and for adult patients with giant cell arteritis (GCA). Moreover, ACTPen can be administered by caregivers to patients two years of age and older with active polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis (pJIA) or active systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis (sJIA).
- Developing countries present lucrative opportunities in the giant cell arteritis therapeutics market owing to increase in patient population, surge in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, and rise in research & development activities in these countries
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market Report
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market
- North America is projected to account for leading share of the global giant cell arteritis therapeutics market during the forecast period due to increase in the patient population, rise in research & development activities, well-established health care infrastructure, continuous technological advancements, surge in the number of well-equipped laboratories, and presence of key players
- The giant cell arteritis therapeutics market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to rise in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, expanding health care sector, and increase in interest of key players in expanding presence in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market
Leading players in the global giant cell arteritis therapeutics market focus on research & development and technological advancements. Their competitors also emphasize on various growth strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, product advancements, new product approvals & launches, partnerships, and collaborations. Leading players operating in the global giant cell arteritis therapeutics market are:
- Kiniksa Pharmaceuticals, Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Novartis AG
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market: Research Scope
Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market, by Mechanism of Action
- Immunosuppressive Agents
Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market, by Therapeutics
Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market, by Route of Administration
Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.