Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market: Introduction
- Giant cell arteritis (GCA) is a form of vasculitis, a family of rare disorders, which is characterized by inflammation of the blood vessels that can restrict flow of blood and damage vital organs and tissues. GCA is also called temporal arteritis and it generally affects the arteries in the scalp and neck, especially the temples. It can also affect the aorta and its large branches to the head, arms, and legs. GCA is the most common form of vasculitis in adults aged over 50.
- The most common symptoms of giant cell arteritis include throbbing headaches, fever, jaw pain, vision problems, and joint pain. Early treatment is vital to prevent serious complications such as stroke or blindness.
Key Drivers of Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market
- Rise in prevalence of cardiovascular disorders across the world boosts the growth of the global giant cell arteritis therapeutics market. Heart disease is the leading cause of death among men, women, and people of racial and ethnic groups in the U.S. One person dies every 37 seconds in the country from cardiovascular disease.
- Increase in the geriatric population is also one of the major drivers of the global giant cell arteritis therapeutics market. According to the WHO, the proportion of the world's population over 60 years will double from about 11% in 2000 to 22% in 2050. The absolute number of people aged 60 years and above is expected to increase from 605 million to 2 billion during the same period.
- Rise in awareness and technological advancements in health care are encouraging people to opt for advanced and modern treatment procedures for treating giant cell arteritis. This is projected to fuel the growth of the global giant cell arteritis treatment market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market Report
- Additionally, rise in urbanization, increase in expenditure on public health programs, and surge in research & developmental activities are anticipated to boost the growth of the global giant cell arteritis therapeutics market
- However, high medical and research & development costs are expected to restrain the global giant cell arteritis therapeutics market during the forecast period
Strategies Adopted by Key Players to Propel Global Market
- Companies operating in the global giant cell arteritis therapeutics market focus on catering to the needs of the medical community as well as patients by introducing new products and technologies. Leading players emphasize on research & development and engage in acquisitions, mergers, and colla1borations to strengthen their position in the global market.
- In December 2019, Kite (a Gilead Company) and Kiniksa Pharmaceuticals announced clinical collaboration to evaluate investigational combination of yescarta and mavrilimumab in relapsed or refractory large b-cell lymphoma. Kiniksa is developing mavrilimumab for the potential treatment of giant cell arteritis (GCA), a chronic inflammatory disease of medium to large arteries.
- In October 2019, AbbVie announced that the European Medicines Agency's (EMA) Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) adopted a positive opinion for RINVOQ (upadacitinib), a once-daily selective and reversible JAK inhibitor, for the treatment of adult patients with moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis who have responded inadequately to or who are intolerant to one or more disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs). The positive opinion is for use of upadacitinib as monotherapy or in combination with methotrexate.
- In November 2018, Roche announced the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for ACTPen 162 mg/0.9 mL, a single-dose prefilled autoinjector, for Actemra (tocilizumab) as an additional formulation for adult patients with moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis (RA) who have had an inadequate response to one or more disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs), and for adult patients with giant cell arteritis (GCA). Moreover, ACTPen can be administered by caregivers to patients two years of age and older with active polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis (pJIA) or active systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis (sJIA).
- Developing countries present lucrative opportunities in the giant cell arteritis therapeutics market owing to increase in patient population, surge in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, and rise in research & development activities in these countries
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market Report
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market
- North America is projected to account for leading share of the global giant cell arteritis therapeutics market during the forecast period due to increase in the patient population, rise in research & development activities, well-established health care infrastructure, continuous technological advancements, surge in the number of well-equipped laboratories, and presence of key players
- The giant cell arteritis therapeutics market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to rise in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, expanding health care sector, and increase in interest of key players in expanding presence in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market
Leading players in the global giant cell arteritis therapeutics market focus on research & development and technological advancements. Their competitors also emphasize on various growth strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, product advancements, new product approvals & launches, partnerships, and collaborations. Leading players operating in the global giant cell arteritis therapeutics market are:
- Kiniksa Pharmaceuticals, Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Novartis AG
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market: Research Scope
Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market, by Mechanism of Action
- Immunosuppressive Agents
Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market, by Therapeutics
Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market, by Route of Administration
Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Giant Cell Arteritis Therapeutics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.