Geothermal Drilling Rigs Market: Overview
- Geothermal drilling is a process of drilling boreholes in the earth to extract the earth’s heat Geothermal is the natural heat of the Earth that is estimated to be 5,500oC at the Earth’s center. It is almost as hot as the surface of the sun. This heat is derived from the original formation of the planet and decay of the radioactive elements in the Earth’s crust.
- Geothermal is a clean source of renewable energy that is available continuously throughout, and works regardless of any weather conditions
- Geothermal plants are so compact and clean that power plants could be built nearby cities. Crawler, truck-mounted, and wheeled are the different types of geothermal drilling rigs.
- Geothermal drilling team consists of highly experienced professionals in drilling programs, well design layout, downhole pumps, fluid handling, drill pads, geology, and reservoir engineering
Key Drivers of Global Geothermal Drilling Rigs Market
- Demand for geothermal drilling rigs has been increasing owing to rise in industrialization and demand for power across the globe. Investments in renewable sources of energy are rising throughout the globe. This is expected to boost the demand for geothermal drilling rigs during the forecast period.
- Initial high investments and maintenance costs are likely to hamper the global geothermal drilling rigs market in the near future
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Geothermal Drilling Rigs Market report
Geothermal Drilling Rigs Market: Key Development
- In February 2019, Kerui Petroleum and a geothermal exploration company in East Africa successfully signed a geothermal exploration contract with Ethiopia Electric Power for more than US$ 80 Mn. It is Ethiopia’s first geothermal energy exploration project and also the largest one in the geothermal energy field. The project would provide living and industrial electricity for cities and towns in Ethiopia. The project includes two sets of 50DB geothermal drilling rigs and the whole year of geothermal drilling services.
Europe to Hold Major Share of Global Geothermal Drilling Rigs Market
- Based on region, the global geothermal drilling rigs market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe dominated the global geothermal drilling rigs market in 2019, owing to high investments in renewable sources of energy in order to eliminate harmful carbon emissions by power plants. Russia, Turkey, France, and Germany produce electricity from geothermal source of energy.
- North America is anticipated to account for significant share of the global geothermal drilling rigs market during the forecast period. The region has large installed base of renewable sources of energy. Thus, investments in sources of geothermal energy are rising in North America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be highly attractive region of the global geothermal drilling rigs market during the forecast period. The region is investing significantly in renewable sources of power in order to meet the rising demand, especially in countries such as China, India, Australia and Japan.
- The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace, as investments in the sources of renewable energy are rising owing to the growth in awareness about sources of renewable energy and increase in demand for electricity in these regions
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Geothermal Drilling Rigs Market
Key Players Operating in Geothermal Drilling Rigs Market
Major companies operating in the global geothermal drilling rigs market are:
- SIMCO Drilling Equipment, Inc.
- DeepRock Manufacturing
- Herrenknecht AG
- GILL ROCK DRILL CO. INC.
- Geomachine Oy
- H. Anger's Söhne
- Soilmec Ltd.
- STREICHER Drilling Technology GmbH
Global Geothermal Drilling Rigs Market: Research Scope
Global Geothermal Drilling Rigs Market, by Type
Global Geothermal Drilling Rigs Market, by Application
- Power Plants
Global Geothermal Drilling Rigs Market, by Drill Bit
- Polycrystalline Diamond Compacts (PDC) Bits
- Roller Cutting Bit
Global Geothermal Drilling Rigs Market, by Installation
Global Geothermal Drilling Rigs Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.