Genetic Modification Therapies Market: Introduction
- Genetic modification therapies enables the transfer of genes for specific traits between species utilizing laboratory techniques. Genetic modification therapy is a process of deletion, insertion, modification or replacement of DNA bases in an organism. There are two different types of gene therapies: Ex-Vivo Gene Therapy and In-Vivo Gene Therapy. Ex-vivo gene therapy includes the transfer of genes in cultured cells and subsequent reintroduction in a patient, while in In-vivo gene therapy, genes are directly offered in cells of a particular tissue.
- Different techniques used in genetic modification technologies are TALEN, CRISPR, ZFN, and CRISPR. These are innovative genetic modification tools that enable researchers to modify the parts of the genome by removing, adding, or altering sections of the DNA sequence. CRISPR is a faster, accurate, and cheaper technique to modify DNA, as compared to that of others methods including TALEN and ZFN. Transcription activator-like effector nucleases (TALEN) is the technology generally used in live cell gene modification. Zinc-finger nucleases (ZFNs) is an artificial restriction enzyme that simplifies targeted modification of genome by creating double-strand breaks in DNA at user-specified locations.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Genetic Modification Therapies Market
- A genetic modification therapy was considered unachievable at one of time; however, presently it has become widely acceptable trend in various big and small companies. These trends have prompted the establishment of various startups working on this therapy and are backed by big companies. Additionally, new molecules to be used for gene therapy are ready to reach the commercialization stage. All the factors mentioned here are expected to drive the genetic modification therapies market.
- Rising funding and investments for the development and research of novel genetic modification technologies is also anticipated to drive the market. For instance, in January 2018, the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) announced a grant US$ 190 million for genome editing research. This novel program, Somatic Cell Genome Editing, is expected to award funds to biomedical researchers over the next six years. The support from major research organizations including NIH is likely to attract more researchers in this field, which in turn may lead to advancements in technology and subsequently, propel the market.
- High cost of genome modification technologies is a major factor that is projected to restrain the genome modification market during the forecast period. For instance, as per the fees chart provided by Yale Genome Editing Center, in 2018, it charges between US$ 8,000 and US$ 15,000 for gene editing facilities. The high cost associated with genome modification facilities is estimated to hamper the market, especially in emerging economies Including India, China, Brazil, and South Africa. Moreover, genome modification is a highly complex technology and needs skilled researchers, which further hinders its adoption.
- On the other hand, unethical use of these therapies and related concerns are likely to hamper the market. Limited knowledge and lack of awareness about genetic modification therapies in developing regions are also projected to restrain the genetic modification therapies market.
Europe to Capture Major Share of Global Genetic Modification Therapies Market
In terms of region, the global genetic modification therapies market can be segmented into Europe, Latin America, North America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. Of these regions, Europe is expected to lead the global market during the forecast period. Effective regulatory policies and efficient approval process by the European regulatory body further boost the genetic modification therapies market in the region.
The market in North America is also anticipated to expand at a significant rate, as several large and small companies are involved in overall clinical trials.
Key Players Operating in Global Genetic Modification Therapies Market
The global genetic modification therapies market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global genetic modification therapies market are:
- Casebia Therapeutics
- Acer Therapeutics Inc.
- 4D Molecular Therapeutics
- Beam Therapeutics
- Abeona Therapeutics
- Editas Medicine
- GE Healthcare
- Allergan Plc
- Fate Therapeutics
- Marcala Biotech
- Hitachi Chemical Advanced Therapeutics
- American Gene Technologies International Inc.
- Krystal Biotech
- Jivana Biotechnology
- Orchard Therapeutics
- Limelight Bio
Global Genetic Modification Therapies Market: Research Scope
Global Genetic Modification Therapies Market, by Technology
Global Genetic Modification Therapies Market, by Application
- Cell Line Engineering
- Diagnostic Applications
- Genetic Engineering
- Drug Discovery & Development
- Infectious Diseases
- Genetic Disorders
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Neurological Disorders
Global Genetic Modification Therapies Market, by End-User
- Pharmaceutical organizations
- Biotechnological companies
- Academic & Research Institutes
Global Genetic Modification Therapies Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.