General-purpose Test Equipment (GPTE) Market: Introduction
- General-purpose test equipment (GPTE) are largely used for testing and measurement of design prototypes and finished products with required specifications
- GPTE include different testing and measuring (T&M) equipment such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, power meters, signal generators, electronic counters, logic analyzers, and multi-meters
- GPTE are being adopted largely in industries including communications and aerospace & defense. These equipment are employed to learn whether the electronic devices manufactured for different end-use industries are satisfying their intended purpose.
General Purpose Test Equipment (GPTE) Market: Dynamics
- Growing adoption of modular test and measurement equipment is expected to be a key factor driving the global general-purpose test equipment (GPTE) market during the forecast period
- Advancements in the test and measurement technology have augmented the interest in modular test and measurement equipment. These advancements are helping manufacturers in expanding the service life of test and measurement equipment, while decreasing repair and maintenance costs and improving operational efficiency.
- Moreover, increasing demand from the telecommunication industry for testing the standards and protocols for LTE networks is expected to boost the global general-purpose test equipment (GPTE) market during the forecast period
- However, increasing adoption of rental or leasing services is expected to hamper the global GPTE market in the recent future
- Growing awareness about rental services for testing design prototypes and finished products across various end-use industries and increasing production and R&D activities have propelled the adoption of rental general purpose test equipment. This limits the global general-purpose test equipment (GPTE) market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
General Purpose Test Equipment (GPTE) Market: Segmentation
- Based on product, the global general-purpose test equipment (GPTE) market can be divided into signal generator, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, oscilloscope, and others
- The oscilloscope segment accounted for a major share of the global GPTE market in 2018 and is likely to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period
- Based on application, the global general-purpose test equipment (GPTE) market can be segmented into communication, aerospace & defense, industrial, electronics & semiconductors, and others
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Market for General Purpose Test Equipment (GPTE)
- In terms of region, the global general-purpose test equipment (GPTE) market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to dominate the global market for general-purpose test equipment (GPTE) from 2019 to 2027, followed by EMEA and North America
- Asia Pacific is a major hub for several industries including automotive and electrical & electronics. China, India, and South Korea are leading manufacturers of consumer electronics devices, such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, and gaming consoles, in the region. Growth of automotive and electrical & electronics industries in the region drives the general purpose test equipment (GPTE) market in Asia Pacific.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global general-purpose test equipment (GPTE) market was moderately fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Anritsu Corporation
- Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co KG
- National Instruments Corporation
- Keysight Technologies
- Teledyne Technologies, Inc.
- Lauterbach GmbH
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “General-purpose Test Equipment (GPTE) Market”
Global General-purpose Test Equipment (GPTE) Market: Research Scope
General-purpose Test Equipment (GPTE) Market, by Product
- Signal Generator
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Network Analyzer
General-purpose Test Equipment (GPTE) Market, by End-user
- Aerospace & Defense
- Electronics & Semiconductors
Global General-purpose Test Equipment (GPTE) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.