Global Gelatin and Bone Glue Market: Overview
Gelatin is a colorless and brittle protein traditionally derived from animal skin, bones, and connective tissue. The properties of gelatin such as high solubility, palatability, and high binding strength make them ideal for foods and beverage, pharmaceuticals and photography Industry. Bone glue is an excellent adhesive formed by prolonged boiling of animal connective tissue. Bone glue has widespread application in several industries. The rising demand for organic products among consumers is a primary factor behind the growth of the global gelatin and bone glue market.
Global Gelatin and Bone Glue Market: Notable Developments
Some of the recent developments that may favor the gelatin and bone glue market market are:
- Recently, Scientists at Wageningen University and Research have invented an injectable glue. This adhesive has superior industry standard adhesion property. Additionally it can bind substrate under different environmental conditions.
- In April 19, Gel Zen, a gelatin manufacturing company announced production of animal-free gelatin. These is expected to increase adoption of gelatin in food, pharmaceutical, and cosmetic products.
- In April 19, VEGAN GELATIN COMPANY announced the discovery of animal-free, high-performance cologne. This can be used in cosmetics industry in place of animal gelatin.
Apart from above, some of the prominent players operating in the global gelatin and bone glue market are Baxter International Inc., Johnson and Johnson, CryoLife, Luna Innovations Incorporated, C. R. Bard, Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Cohera Medical, Inc., Tissuemed Ltd., and Chemence Medical, Inc
Global Gelatin and Bone Glue Market: Key Growth Dynamics
The rising prevalence of bone related disorders is a key factor responsible for the growth of the bone glue market. Along with this, increasing number of arthroplasty procedures and growing demand for newer bone glues and tissue sealants is likely to fuel the gelatin and bone glue market over the forecast period. Further, rising demand for gelatin to prepare medicines is expected to offer a significant boost to the global gelatin market.
Apart from this, availability of robust supply chain for import and export of gelatin and bone glue is a prominent factor expected to propel the global gelatin and bone glue market. Moreover, increasing healthcare spending, rising per capita income and cost containment measures to reduce healthcare burden are some major factors expected to the drive the gelatin and bone glue market over the forecast period.
However, infections related to the use of gelatin and bone glue is a major concern which may hamper the demand for gelatin and bone glue products and hence restrain the growth of the gelatin and bone glue market during the forecast period.
Nevertheless, manufacturers in gelatin and bone glue market are focusing to launch animal free gelatin and bone glue. This is expected to open new avenues for the growth of the market. As this will increase the consumer base by adding vegan people in the circle.
Global Gelatin and Bone Glue Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically Europe is expected to maintain its dominance in the global gelatin and bone glue market during 2018 - 2026. This is due to growing demand for gelatin and bone glue in the region. Along with this, presence of prominent manufacturers in the region is another factor that contributes to the expansion of the gelatin and bone glue market.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.