Gear Honing Machines Market Introduction
- Honing is an abrasive machining process that facilitates ease of operation to improve the functionality of rough surfaces. In addition, honing is mainly used to improve the geometric texture of a surface by scrubbing a rough stone against it. The stones are rotated with the abrasive hone under controlled pressure.
- It is also used to correct dimensional errors caused by the heat treatment process.
- The process of gear honing is being accepted as a technique and procedure for surface finishing of gears after the process of heat treatment.
- Gear honing machines are of two types: vertical honing machine and horizontal honing machine. Horizontal honing machines are primarily used for small and medium size groups for precision, speed, and convenience, whereas vertical honing machine is a straight spindle drive mechanism mainly used for honing of small to large bore applications.
- Gear honing machines are widely used for designing of components for vehicle transmission that includes automatic, manual or dual clutch styles, so as to reduce friction by increased gear efficiency in addition to smoother function.
To Get Glimpse of what our report offers, Ask for a Report Brochure here
Gear Honing Machines Market - Market Dynamics
Key driver for gear honing machine market
- Growing adoption of gear honing machines in end-use industries driving demand for gear honing machines
Gear honing machines are widely used in the production of high-speed transmission.Additionally, gear honing is a universal technology, widely adopted and used in various end-use industries such as aerospace & defense, automotive, truck and heavy industries, cement and mining, railways, and construction, which is expected to boost the demand for gear honing machines across the globe.Gear honing is a suitable method for honing parts where reliability, robustness, durability, and quiet gearing is required. Gear honing machines are used to produce teeth to reduce the roughness of a surface, so as to ensure smooth transmission with wear characteristics. This in turn is projected to drive the global gear honing machine market over the next few years.Furthermore, demand for gear honing parts is anticipated to rise in the next few years in aerospace and automotive industry to manufacture machine tools. This is expected to fuel the market in the next few years.Constantly, demand for gear honing machines is growing due to the continuous growth in demand for cars, wind turbines, as well as ships and heavy equipment or machinery, which is expected to accelerate the gear honing machines market worldwide over the forecast period.
Restraint affecting the growth of gear honing machine market
- Increase in use of plastic and fiber hampering the gear honing machine market
Rise in usage of plastic and fiber-made products due to their low cost is expected to hamper the gear honing machines market in the next few years.
High cost of equipment and devices is another key factor hampering the gear honing machines market.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Gear Honing Machines Market - Competitive Landscape
- In April 2019, Gleason Corporation acquired all the assets of Daetwyler’s Fassler gear honing business from MDC Max Daetwyler AG and Daetwyler Industries AG.
Key players operating in the global gear honing machines market are
- NAGEL Maschinen - und Werkzeugfabrik GmbH
- Daetwyler Fässler - The company manufactures and sells honing machines, machine beds, frames, and components worldwide.
- Toyo Advanced Technologies Co., Ltd.
- RACL Geartech Limited
- Gleason Corporation
- KANZAKI KOKYUKOKI MFG. CO., LTD.
- Baoji Zhongcheng Import & Export Co., Ltd.
- DVS TECHNOLOGY GROUP
- Gehring Technologies GmbH
- Sunnen Products Company
- Ningxia Zhongwei Dahe Machine Tool Co., Ltd.
- Machine Tools (India) Limited
- PEMAMO SA
Global Gear Honing Machines Market – Research scope
The global gear honing machines market can be segmented based on:
- Machine Type
- Gear Type
Global Gear Honing Machines Market, by Machine Type
Based on machine type, the global gear honing machines market can be segmented into
- Horizontal Honing Machine
- Vertical Honing Machine
Global Gear Honing Machines Market, by Application
In terms of application, the global gear honing machines market can be segmented into:
- Special Equipment
Global Gear Honing Machines Market, by Gear type
Based on gear type, the global gear honing machines market can be segmented into
- Spur Gears
- Helical Gears
- Gear Rack
- Miter Gear
- Worm Gear
- Bevel Gear
- Internal Gear
Global Gear Honing Machines Market, by Industry
Based on industry, the global gear honing machines market can be segregated into
- Aerospace & Defense
- Power generation
Global Gear Honing Machines Market, by Region
Regional Analysis of the gear Honing Machines Market includes:
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The gear honing machines market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The gear honing machines market report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.