Gastritis is characterized by a set of conditions that cause inflammation or irritation of the lining of the stomach, for a short or long time. Upper abdominal pain or discomfort is the most common symptom of Gastritis. There are two forms of gastritis, a brief and sudden illness, acute gastritis occurs suddenly, which involves sudden and severe inflammation; and chronic gastritis which develops slowly may last for years due to long-term inflammation. An upset stomach following the consumption of alchohol or certain medications is one of the common examples of acute gastritis. There are various causes of gastritis but one of the most common causes is Helicobacter pylori, a kind of bacterium that infects the lining of the stomach. If left untreated, gastritis caused by Helicobacter pylori can lead to ulcers and stomach cancer. Though foods which cause gastritis are different from person to person and may not always be consistent with the severity of the disease , spicy, fatty and fried foods are commonly avoided to set off symptoms of gastritis. Bleeding inside the stomach occurs in a case of severe gastritis. Other causes of gastritis include autoimmune disorders, digestive disorders and stress caused by severe injury. Various symptoms associated with gastritis are as follows:
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal bloating
- Loss of appetite
- Black and tarry stool
- Feeling of fullness
GASTRITIS MARKET SEGMENTATION
Based on diagnosis, the gastritis market can be segmented as follows:
- pyroli test: This test is used to determine the presence of bacterium H. pyroli
- Blood test: Red blood cell count is checked to determine whether an individual has anemia or not
- Endoscopy: A thin with a tiny camera (endoscope) is inserted into one’s stomach to check for inflammation
- X-ray of upper digestive system: X-ray creates images of esophagus, stomach and small intestine and is used to diagnose abnormalities.
Based on treatments, the gastritis market can be segmented as follows:
- Acid blocking medications: Proton pump inhibitors such as omeprazole (Prilosec), lansoprazole (Prevacid) and esomeprazole (Nexium) block cells that form stomach acid.
- Acid reducing medications: Histamine (H-2) blockers (acid blockers) such as ranitidine (Zantac) and famotidine (Pepcid) reduces the amount of acid released into the digestive tract
- Antacids: Antacids act as a neutralizing agent for the stomach and provide rapid relief from gastritis pain
- Antibiotics: Combination of antibiotics such as clarithromycin (Biaxin) and metronidazole (Flagyl) are used to kill the bacterium H.pyroli and thereby aids in the treatment of gastritis
Based on geography, the gastritis market can be segmented into four major regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). Out of all, North America dominates the gastritis market followed by Europe. The prime factors that are driving the growth of the market in these regions are high prevalence of gastritis and increasing unhealthy lifestyles of the population. According to a published survey, the prevalence rate of gastritis is approximately 1 in 100 in the US. Asia Pacific is the most lucrative market for the growth of gastritis market and is developing at an extremely rapid pace. The factors which would augment the growth of the market in Asia Pacific region are increasing rate of various viral and autoimmune diseases, rapid spread of infection from one person to another and development of various sophisticated therapeutic tools for gastritis. Furthermore, other benefits such as favorable taxation policy and reimbursement scenario, and easy market penetration in developing countries such as China, India, and Malaysia would also fuel the growth of the gastritis market in the coming years.
Presently, the gastritis market is fragmented and various companies are developing therapeutic drugs for the treatment of gastritis.
Gastritis Market Key Players
Some of the top players operating in the gastritis market are AstraZeneca PLC, Novartis AG, Zydus Cadila Healthcare Limited, PT Otsuka Indonesia and others.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.