GaN-based Power Supply Adapter Market
GaN-based Power Supply Adapter Market (Power: Less than 100W, 100-160W, 160-200W, and More than 200W; and Application: Computers & Laptops, Mobile Phones & Wearables, Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Industrial Products, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
EU Standards for Energy Efficiency Support GaN Tech During COVID-19 Pandemic
The year 2020 is being known as the year of GaN-based adapters and chargers. Work-from-home protocols have created revenue streams for companies in the GaN-based power supply adapter market. Manufacturers are seen to create new models of adapters and chargers for handheld gaming devices, tablets, and phones. It is expected that 2021 will witness the rise of multi-port adapters.
GaN semiconductors are gaining prominence in consumer electronics. Stakeholders in the GaN-based power supply adapter market are witnessing a renewed and reenergized need for GaN (gallium nitride) technology in electric vehicle (EV) design labs. Support from the European Union (EU) for policy standards pertaining to energy efficiency in data centers is translating into revenue opportunities for stakeholders.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the GaN-based Power Supply Adapter Market
High Cost, Vulnerable Safety Protocols in GaN Chargers Inhibit Market Growth
The GaN-based power supply adapter market is predicted to reach the value of US$ 3 Bn by 2030. However, technology concerns in GaN chargers are inhibiting market growth. For instance, the 65W GaN charger by Chinese tech giant Xiomi has been suspended from online and offline stores due to security vulnerability, since the chip is unencrypted and potentially open to attackers. Companies in the GaN-based power supply adapter market are taking cues from such companies to increase R&D for reliable and encrypted chargers.
The high cost of GaN chargers is another disadvantage for consumer, which is affecting the growth of the GaN-based power supply adapter market. Processes such as high temperature heating of metal gallium and other specific processing conditions tend to increase its manufacturing cost, resulting in an expensive final product. Hence, tech providers are increasing awareness about the small size, safety, and high efficiency of GaN chargers as compared to other chargers including silicon to offset the former’s disadvantages.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Lightweight, Fast Charging Capabilities in Adapters Being Highly Preferred
Companies in the GaN-based power supply adapter market are increasing the availability of lightweight adapters. The Philips 65W-USB charger is gaining popularity for replacing big, chunky, and heavy adapters, and flexibility in a mobile society. Manufacturers in the GaN-based power supply adapter market are increasing efforts to meet fast charging requirements of consumers. Such trends are expected to drive the market at the modest CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period.
Dual Port Charging Gains Popularity in Next-gen GaN Power Semiconductor Technology
Stakeholders in the GaN-based power supply adapter market, such as Navitas Semiconductor has announced that Dell Technologies has adopted its GaN technology to enable fast laptop charging. Manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities in the 90W adapter series with dual ports that simultaneously charge a laptop and a smartphone. Such trends are publicizing GaN as a next-gen power semiconductor technology that facilitates dramatic improvements in energy savings and power density.
The increasing number of consumers are expecting innovation, performance, and quality from fast charging GaN-based power supply adapters. Hence, manufacturers are increasing the availability of low weight, compact, and cool operations in adapters.
Performance, Reliability Reviews Ensure Successful Adapter Launches
Unique adapter designs and technologies are storming the GaN-based power supply adapter market. The ADG 100W GaN 9-in-1 power hub with fast charging capabilities and USB-C hub functions are creating revenue opportunities for manufacturers. Companies are investing in R&D to develop multi-port adapters that can charge several electronic devices simultaneously such as keyboards, laptops, flash drives, and other devices.
Companies in the GaN-based power supply adapter market are innovating in foldable US plugs compatible with AU, EU, and the U.K. universal travel adapters, which contribute toward a global mobile society. They are conducting rigorous technology, performance, and reliability reviews to ensure safe and successful adapter launches. C-end consumer electronics and the influx of 5G hold promising potentials for market growth.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on GaN-based Power Supply Adapter Market
Stakeholders in EV design labs are expecting a long-term growth of the GaN technology, since the global economy is still emerging from the COVID-19 challenges during 2021. Fast charging, lightweight, and multi-port adapters have become a recurring trend in the GaN-based power supply adapter market. However, security vulnerabilities and high cost manufacturing of GaN adapters are affecting market growth. Hence, mobile phone brands and third-party accessory manufacturers should increase their research spending and collaborate with think tanks and researchers from universities to improve technologies in GaN adapters. CCC certification, CB certification, and KC certification in chargers and aftersales service from professional engineers are bolstering the credibility of companies.
GaN-based Power Supply Adapter Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global GaN based power supply adapter market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period 2020–2030, increasing demand for energy-efficient power supply devices and rising usage of GaN powered devices in the global market are factors expected to boost the global GaN-based power supply adapter market during the forecast period. However, some factors also hamper the growth of the GaN-based power supply adapter market. These include complexity and cost associated with the production process of GaN-based power supply adapters.
- In terms of revenue, the global GaN-based power supply adapter market is estimated to exceed the value of US$ 3 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period
Increase in Demand for Energy-efficient Power Supply Devices: A Key Driver of GaN-based Power Supply Adapter Market
- Although nearly all home electronic products and office equipment plug directly into wall outlets and draw 120 volts of alternating current (AC), most of their circuitry is designed to operate at a much lower voltage of direct current (DC). The devices that perform that conversion are called power supply adapters.
- According to studies, on an average, most homes have 5 to 10 devices that use power supply adapters, such as cordless phones, mobile phones, and answering machines, hair dryers, and various other products. All these equipment can now be used with the GaN based power supply adapters.
- Internal power supplies are more prevalent in devices that have greater power requirements, typically more than 15 watts. Such devices include computers, televisions, office copiers, and stereo components. Most internal power supply models use somewhat more efficient designs called switching or switch-mode power supplies.
- As per the demand of customers, manufacturers are designing power supply devices that confirm energy efficiencies of 50% to 90%, yielding wide variations in power use among similar products. These GaN-based power adapters have improved efficiency, decreased size, and reduced weight.
- Hence, the increasing demand for energy-efficient power supply devices has a positive impact on the GaN-based power supply adapter market and the impact is expected to be high during the forecast period
Rise in Usage of GaN Powered Devices in Global Market to Offer Opportunities to GaN-based Power Supply Adapter Market
- GaN devices being proposed are lateral high electron mobility transistors (HEMT) formed on GaN-on-Si substrates. The GaN based AC DC power supply market has several adapter startups playing in the wide bandgap market space; however, as of now, none of the major OEMs have adopted this technology.
- Companies are looking into manufacturing and comparing the performance of normal and Gan-based power supply adapters, since the GaN-based power adapters are more reliable, offering better performance
- From the past four to five years, GaN has witnessed substantial growth in the commercial market. Increasing number of vendors are now offering AC adapters based on GaN, including RAVPower, Anker, FINsix, and Made in Mind (Mu One). These factors are driving the GaN based power supply adapter market and it is expected to provide various opportunities in the market.
GaN-based Power Supply Adapter Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of GaN-based power supply adapters have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global GaN based power supply adapter market are
- AsusTek Computer Inc.
- Anker Innovations Limited
- Belkin International, Inc.
- CUI Inc.
- Finepower GmbH
- GaN Systems
- G-Power Technology Co., Ltd
- among others
GaN-based Power Supply Adapter Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of power supplies, such as Anker Innovations Limited, Belkin International, Inc., CUI Inc., Finepower GmbH, Verizon, GaN Systems, and Baseus are focusing on the creation of cost-effective and new GaN-based power supply adapter equipment to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global GaN-based power supply adapter market are highlighted below:
- In November 2020, Baseus launched 45W/65W/120W, new Gallium Nitride (GaN) Series 120W charging heads. The company has also introduced the industry’s first 65W triple-port quick charging plug, leading the entire charging industry. The 120W new Gallium Nitride (GaN) Series is mainly designed for charging laptops, up to 100W 20V/5A. It can also fast charge two laptops simultaneously, compatible with MacBook, Dell, HP, Lenovo, and more.
- In September 2020, Samsung Electronics signed an agreement with Verizon as its first customer in the U.S. for its 5G products to increase indoor coverage. Verizon provides GaN-based wall chargers, which is the fast charging technology available at present. GaN-based wall chargers are significantly smaller when compared to other standard chargers.
- In the global GaN-based power supply adapter market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of GaN-based power supply adapter systems. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global GaN-based power supply adapter market.
GaN-based Power Supply Adapter Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global GaN-based power supply adapter market is published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information of key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges for the global GaN-based power supply adapter market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global GaN-based power supply adapter market in order to illustrate how the market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2018 – 2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compound annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the GaN-based power supply adapter market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global GaN-based power supply adapter market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global GaN-based power supply adapter market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global GaN-based power supply adapter market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on GaN-based Power Supply Adapter Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global GaN-based power supply adapter market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technology on the GaN-based power supply adapter market?
- Would North America continue to be the most dominant regional market for providers of GaN-based power supply adapters over the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the GaN-based power supply adapter market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the GaN-based power supply adapter market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global GaN-based power supply adapter market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the GaN-based power supply adapter market includes statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the GaN-based power supply adapter market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the GaN-based power supply adapter market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the GaN-based power supply adapter market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects for the global GaN-based power supply adapter market more reliable and accurate.
GaN-based Power Supply Adapter Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global GaN-based power supply adapter market divides the market based on power, application, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global GaN-based power supply adapter market have been discussed in detail in TMR’s study.