Fungal Infection Drugs: Introduction
- A fungal infection is also known as mycosis. It is a skin disease caused by a fungus. There are a million species of fungi.
- Fungi live on household surfaces, on plants, in dirt, and on skin of a human being
- The symptoms of fungal infections depend on the type of fungal infection. The most common symptoms include itching and skin changes, including red and possibly peeling or cracking skin.
- Fungal infections can occur anywhere on the body. Some of the most common fungal infections are ringworm, also known as tinea corporis, jock itch, athlete’s foot, and yeast infections.
- Fungal infections can be treated with anti-fungal medications. These medications can either kill fungi directly or prevent them from thriving and growing. Antifungal medications are available as prescription medications or over-the-counter (OTC) medications. Antifungal drugs are available in various formulations including powder, pills, sprays, shampoos, and creams or ointments.
- In addition to taking prescription medications or over-the-counter (OTC) antifungals, there are few things that patients can do at home to get rid of fungal infections, which include keeping the affected area clean and dry, and wearing loose-fitting shoes or clothing
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Fungal Infection Drugs Market
Key Drivers of Global Fungal Infection Drugs Market
- Rise in prevalence of chronic diseases is projected to drive the global fungal infection drugs market during the forecast period. People with chronic diseases and weak immune responses such as cancer and AIDS are more susceptible to fungal infections.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an estimated 220,000 new cases of cryptococcal meningitis occur globally each year, and about 181,000 deaths occur due to cryptococcal meningitis. Cryptococcal meningitis is a deadly brain infection caused by the soil-dwelling fungus Cryptococcus.
- According to a study published in the Lancet Infectious Diseases Journal 2019, fungi are the largest contributors to the opportunistic infections that affect patients with HIV
Azoles Segment to Dominate Global Fungal Infection Drugs Market
- In terms of drug class, the global fungal infection drugs market can be divided into azoles, echinocandins, polyenes, allylamines, and others
- Azoles can be segregated into voriconazole (Vfend), posaconazole (Noxafil), clotrimazole (Canesten), isavuconazole (CRESEMBA), and others
- Echinocandins can be split into caspofungin (Cancidas), micafungin (Mycamine/Funguard), and others
- Polyenes can be categorized into amphotericin (AmBisome) and others
- Allylamines can be classified into terbinafine (Lamisil) and others
- The azoles segment is anticipated dominate the global fungal infection drugs market during the forecast period due to broad-spectrum activity delivered by azoles
Retail Pharmacies Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on end-user, the global fungal infection drugs market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and others
- The retail pharmacies segment is expected to offer significant opportunities during the forecast period. The segment’s dominance can be attributed to the large volume of sales of fungal infection drugs through retail channel.
North America to Dominate Global Fungal Infection Drugs Market
- In terms of region, the global fungal infection drugs market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global fungal infection drugs market during the forecast period. The region’s dominance can be attributed to increase in incidence of infectious diseases in countries such as the U.S. and Canada.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players Operating in Global Fungal Infection Drugs Market
The global fungal infection drugs market is consolidated, with the presence of international and few local players. Key players operating in the global fungal infection drugs market are:
- Enzon Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Abbott Laboratories
- Astellas Pharma, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Bayer AG
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer, Inc.
Global Fungal Infection Drugs Market: Research Scope
Global Fungal Infection Drugs Market, by Drug Class
- Voriconazole (Vfend)
- Posaconazole (Noxafil)
- Clotrimazole (Canesten)
- Isavuconazole (CRESEMBA)
- Caspofungin (Cancidas)
- Micafungin (Mycamine/Funguard)
- Amphotericin (AmBisome)
- Terbinafine (Lamisil)
Global Fungal Infection Drugs Market, by Indication
- Invasive Candidiasis
- Vulvovaginal Candidiasis (VVC)
- Mouth/Throat/Esophageal Candidiasis
- Other Candida Infections
Global Fungal Infection Drugs Market, by End-user
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.