Global Functional Water Market: Overview
Functional water products are beverages – non-alcoholic, aquaceutical. Often infused with additional ingredients that provide health benefits, the products are witnessing an increase in demand. As per Transparency Market Research, from 2020 to 2030, the global functional water market would grow at a steady rate, creating a number of interesting opportunities.
It is pertinent to note here that there are broadly two main ‘families’ of functional water - that based on mineral water which has a herb or fruit extract added to it to give certain health benefits, such as an immunity boost, added electrolytes, improved pH balance, antioxidants etc, and that based on water, which is altered at the molecular level with the help of electrochemical processes to give it extra health benefits, such as better hydration, better oxygenation, quicker regeneration of muscle tissue, etc.
Functional water is witnessing increase in demand in an increasingly health conscious world that tries to extract maximum benefits from its scarcely available resources. Since the world population has steadily moved away from rural, natural environments to an urban setting, growing demand for fortified beverages is only a natural outcome.
Global Functional Water Market: Notable Development
The Functional Water market is moderately concentrated with a number of major players holding a high share of the market, along with a slew of domestic players offering these services in the local market.
These companies are opting for new and more effective marketing strategies to stay ahead in the functional water market. Some notable developments seen recently which point in this direction are-
- In February 2019, The Coca-Cola Co. added two new additions (Smartwater alkaline and Smartwater antioxidant) to its Smartwater brand, to increase awareness and demand for functional water.
Leading players in the functional water market are-
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc.
- Nestle S.A.
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Groupe Danone
- Hint Water
- New York Spring Water
- Balance Water Company
- Sunny Delight Beverages Company.
Global Functional Water Market: Key Drivers and Trends
The notable increase in demand for fortified beverages anticipated over the forecast period is set to be an outcome of various trends and drivers such as:
- Growing demand for function foods. Millennial populace wants a holistic mix of halth and taste. Inclusion of essential ingredients, such as protein, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals in functional water products is therefore luring this demographic to functional water.
- The increase in obese and diabetic populations in the United States, China, India, Australia, and the United Kingdom, among others, has shifted the focus from carbonated soft drinks to fortified, bottled water in the recent past.
- As per a study by Container Recycling Institute, Americans bought huge volumes of plastic water bottles in 2010 - 42.6 billion plastic. It is a steep rise from 35.5 billion in 200. Understandably, the functional water market is already seeing a steady growth in the future.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Functional Water Market: Regional Analysis
The escalating demand for bottled water in the U.S. is contributing massively to growth in functional water market in the North American region. The sales of bottled water have recently surpassed those of soft drinks in the United States and the bottled water sector is thus a leading horse prompting companies to invest and expand their functional offerings.
The functional water market in Asia Pacific is also set to experience significant growth rate as consumers are becoming increasingly aware of the benefits of functional, bottled water. Consumers look for alternatives to carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) and the innovation in flavor is driving the bottled water category’s success.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in global Functional Water Market, ask for a customized report here
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.