Global Functional Water Market: Overview
Functional water products are beverages – non-alcoholic, aquaceutical. Often infused with additional ingredients that provide health benefits, the products are witnessing an increase in demand. As per Transparency Market Research, from 2020 to 2030, the global functional water market would grow at a steady rate, creating a number of interesting opportunities.
It is pertinent to note here that there are broadly two main ‘families’ of functional water - that based on mineral water which has a herb or fruit extract added to it to give certain health benefits, such as an immunity boost, added electrolytes, improved pH balance, antioxidants etc, and that based on water, which is altered at the molecular level with the help of electrochemical processes to give it extra health benefits, such as better hydration, better oxygenation, quicker regeneration of muscle tissue, etc.
Functional water is witnessing increase in demand in an increasingly health conscious world that tries to extract maximum benefits from its scarcely available resources. Since the world population has steadily moved away from rural, natural environments to an urban setting, growing demand for fortified beverages is only a natural outcome.
Global Functional Water Market: Notable Development
The Functional Water market is moderately concentrated with a number of major players holding a high share of the market, along with a slew of domestic players offering these services in the local market.
These companies are opting for new and more effective marketing strategies to stay ahead in the functional water market. Some notable developments seen recently which point in this direction are-
- In February 2019, The Coca-Cola Co. added two new additions (Smartwater alkaline and Smartwater antioxidant) to its Smartwater brand, to increase awareness and demand for functional water.
Leading players in the functional water market are-
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc.
- Nestle S.A.
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Groupe Danone
- Hint Water
- New York Spring Water
- Balance Water Company
- Sunny Delight Beverages Company.
Global Functional Water Market: Key Drivers and Trends
The notable increase in demand for fortified beverages anticipated over the forecast period is set to be an outcome of various trends and drivers such as:
- Growing demand for function foods. Millennial populace wants a holistic mix of halth and taste. Inclusion of essential ingredients, such as protein, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals in functional water products is therefore luring this demographic to functional water.
- The increase in obese and diabetic populations in the United States, China, India, Australia, and the United Kingdom, among others, has shifted the focus from carbonated soft drinks to fortified, bottled water in the recent past.
- As per a study by Container Recycling Institute, Americans bought huge volumes of plastic water bottles in 2010 - 42.6 billion plastic. It is a steep rise from 35.5 billion in 200. Understandably, the functional water market is already seeing a steady growth in the future.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Functional Water Market: Regional Analysis
The escalating demand for bottled water in the U.S. is contributing massively to growth in functional water market in the North American region. The sales of bottled water have recently surpassed those of soft drinks in the United States and the bottled water sector is thus a leading horse prompting companies to invest and expand their functional offerings.
The functional water market in Asia Pacific is also set to experience significant growth rate as consumers are becoming increasingly aware of the benefits of functional, bottled water. Consumers look for alternatives to carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) and the innovation in flavor is driving the bottled water category’s success.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in global Functional Water Market, ask for a customized report here
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.