Fruit Processing Equipment Market: Introduction
- Fruit processing equipment are used to process fruits using different techniques such as washing, dewatering, filling, seasoning, and packaging.
- These equipment remove toxins and increase the shelf life of fruits to make processed fruits.
Fruit Processing Equipment Market Dynamics
- The increasing demand for processed exotic fruit products is a key trend affecting the growth of the fruit processing equipment market.
- Emerging countries with an agricultural base are contributing to the growth of the global fruit processing equipment market due to their favorable climate condition.
- For instance, Ethiopia’s climate supports horticulture products such as citrus fruits, bananas, pineapples, avocados, passion fruits, mangoes, mandarins, guavas, papayas, and grapes. Ethiopia exports fruits to Europe and countries of the Middle East.
- Governments also provides incentives for investing in the fruit processing sector.
- Thus, Europe and the Middle East have ample growth opportunities for the expansion of the fruit processing equipment market.
- Vendors are engaged in research & development to improve the quality of processed fruit products by implementing several technologies. For instance, High Pressure Processing (HPP) technique is used to pasteurize fresh fruits by preserving the nutrients in the fruits.
- However, growing concern regarding hygiene and safety is expected to be a major factor limiting the growth of the fruit processing equipment market in the upcoming years.
- Moreover, high initial capital investment required for installation of fruit processing equipment is expected to hamper its adoption rate among small and medium scale fruit processing vendors and thus inversely impact the growth of the fruit processing equipment market in the near future.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Fruit Processing Equipment Market: Segmentation Analysis
- Based on application, the global fruit processing equipment market can be divided into fruit juice, fruit powder, and fruit squash; canned fruits; frozen & dried fruits; jams & jellies; and other related applications.
- The fruit juice, fruit powder, and fruit squash segment is a prominent application area of fruit processing equipment. This application segment accounted for major market share in 2018. The segment is projected to maintain its dominance in the global fruit processing equipment market throughout the forecast period.
- The fruit juice, fruit powder, and fruit squash segment is likely to gain popularity among consumers. Thus, this application segment is projected to grow significantly over the forecast period due to its increasing consumption across the world.
North America to Lead the Global Market for Fruit Processing Equipment
- In terms of region, the global fruit processing equipment market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for major share of the fruit processing equipment market in 2018, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific.
- The fruit processing equipment market in North America is majorly impacted by the growing population, expansion of the fruit processing industry, and varieties of marketing strategies implemented by market players to meet the changing needs of consumers.
- Growing demand for canned fruits among people due to its concentrated flavor, increased shelf life, and ease of use is expected to drive the demand for fruit processing equipment in North America.
- The fruit processing equipment market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the near future. Asian countries such as China, India, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand are experiencing strong growth in the food industry. The consumption of processed fruit products such as frozen fruits, canned fruits, and dried fruits is steadily increasing due to rapidly growing population, urbanization, and rising income. This is expected to be a major factor that drives the demand for processed fruits, and thereby boost the fruit processing equipment market in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global fruit processing equipment market was moderately fragmented in 2018, with presence of multiple established players who have occupied prominent share in the market. They are engaged in research and development activities to launch innovative fruit processing equipment with advanced optical technologies. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Alfa Laval AB
- Bertuzzi Food Processing S.r.l.
- Bühler Holding AG
- FENCO Food Machinery s.r.l.
- JBT Corporation
- Turatti Group
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Global Fruit Processing Equipment Market: Research Scope
Fruit Processing Equipment Market, by Application
- Fruit Juice, Fruit Powder, & Fruit Squash
- Canned Fruits
- Frozen & Dried Fruits
- Jams & Jellies
Global Fruit Processing Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.