Global Frozen Shoulder Treatment Market: Introduction
Frozen shoulder is the common name for adhesive capsulitis, which is a shoulder condition that limits the range of motion. In frozen shoulder condition, tissues in the shoulder joint become thicker and tighter, and scar tissue develops over time. Common symptoms include swelling, pain, and stiffness. Reduced movement of the shoulder increases its stiffness. A long period of inactivity due to an injury, illness, or surgery also increases the susceptible to inflammation and adhesions, which are bands of stiff tissue.
Key Drivers of Global Frozen Shoulder Treatment Market
Rise in geriatric population
The global geriatric population continues to increase at an unprecedented rate. Presently, 8.5% people across the world (617 million) are aged 65 and over. According to a new report-An Aging World: 2015, the percentage is projected to jump to nearly 17% of the world’s population by 2050 (1.6 billion). According to the National Institutes of Health, the population aged 65 and over in the U.S. is anticipated to nearly double in the next three decades, from 48 million to 88 million by 2050. The global population aged 80 and older is expected to more than triple between 2015 and 2050, from 126.5 million to 446.6 million. The population aged 80 and older in some countries in Asia and Latin America is likely to quadruple by 2050.
Shoulder injuries boost market
Shoulder pain is a common and disabling complaint. The reported annual incidence of shoulder pain in primary care is 14.7 per 1000 patients per year with a lifetime prevalence of up to 70%. There is substantial variances in the estimated prevalence of shoulder pain, ranging anywhere from 1% up to 66%. According to Physiopedia, most prevalent in middle age (45 - 64 years, from 21 - 55%), which may be attributed to the normal aging process of shoulder structures including the rotator cuff but is also common in the younger age group (adolescents aged 12 - 18 years, from 12 - 57%), which can be attributed to a postural relationship associated with increased periods of sitting, and increased technology use.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Frozen Shoulder Treatment Market
- North America is projected to account for a major share of the global frozen shoulder treatment Market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years due to an increase in research & development and technologically advanced products being introduced in market. Europe is expected to be the second-largest market during the forecast period owing to advanced facilities provided by the hospital infrastructure in the region
- The frozen shoulder treatment market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period owing to rising awareness and acceptance of new techniques in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Frozen Shoulder Treatment Market
The global frozen shoulder treatment market is highly consolidated owing to the presence of several key players. Leading players operating in the global frozen shoulder treatment market include:
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Contract Pharmacal Corp
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Vintage Pharma
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
- Marksans Pharma
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Perrigo Company plc
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc
Global Frozen Shoulder Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Frozen Shoulder Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Joint distension
- Physical therapy
Global Frozen Shoulder Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Global Frozen Shoulder Treatment Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.