Global Friction Stir Welding Equipment Market: Introduction
- Friction stir welding (FSW) is a solid-state joining procedure. This process is used for joining two confronting work pieces, without melting the work piece material.
- Friction generates heat between the rotating device and the work piece material and it creates a softened area near the FSW tool. Then, it mechanically intermixes the two metal work pieces.
- Friction stir welding equipment are primarily used on created or expelled aluminum and especially for structures that need extremely high welding quality
Global Friction Stir Welding Equipment Market: Dynamics
- Increasing use of friction stir welding equipment in the industrial sector has augmented the friction stir welding equipment market
- The automotive industry is one of the major end-users of friction stir welding equipment. With the increasing demand for vehicles across the world, the automotive industry is extensively adopting friction stir welding equipment for use in the aluminum welding process. This process imparts improved mechanical features to the end-product such as improved process strength, obstruction to rigidity and weariness.
- Friction stir welding equipment offer several other advantages such as low impact on the environment, operating cost advantages, and limited impact on health. This drives the use of friction stir welding equipment in various joining and material-processing applications.
- However, lack of skilled and qualified workforce and improper training of users are expected to hamper the global friction stir welding equipment market in the next few years
- Growth of downstream industries and uncertainties in the global economy are expected to limit the consumption of friction stir welding equipment in the near future, thereby hampering the global market in the next few years
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Friction Stir Welding Equipment Market: Segmentation
- Based on product, the global friction stir welding equipment market can be divided into desktop equipment, gantry equipment, and others
- Based on end-user, the global friction stir welding equipment market can be segmented into automotive, railways, aerospace, shipbuilding, and others
- The automotive segment accounted for a major share of the global friction stir welding equipment market in 2018, due to widespread use of aluminum welding machines in the industry. The segment is anticipated to gain higher market share and maintain its leading position in the global friction stir welding equipment market during the forecast period.
North America to Lead Global Market for Friction Stir Welding Equipment
- In terms of region, the global friction stir welding equipment market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is likely to dominate the global market for friction stir welding equipment from 2019 to 2027, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Intense competition among vendors, rising demand from the electronics sector, and launch of new products in North America are some of the key factors likely to drive the friction stir welding equipment market in the region in the next few years.
- Europe accounted for a considerable share of the global friction stir welding equipment market in 2018, due to advancements in technology in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global friction stir welding equipment market was moderately fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Colfax Corporation
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation
- Beijing FSW Technology Co, Ltd
- KUKA Systems GmbH
- The ESAB Group, Inc.
- Norsk Hydro ASA
- Schlumberger Limited
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Friction Stir Welding Equipment Market”
Global Friction Stir Welding Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global Friction Stir Welding Equipment Market, by Product
- Desktop Equipment
- Gantry Equipment
Global Friction Stir Welding Equipment Market, by End-user
Global Friction Stir Welding Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.