Global Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Market: Introduction
- Fractional flow reserve is a technique used in coronary catheterization to measure pressure differences across a coronary artery stenosis to determine the possibility of the stenosis impeding delivery of oxygen to the heart muscle. Fractional flow reserve (FFR) utilizes a specialized guidewire to measure blood pressure in a coronary artery. FFR is performed by using a standard diagnostic catheter during coronary angiogram.
- Fractional flow reserve (FFR) measurement involves determining the ratio of the maximum achievable blood flow in a diseased coronary artery to the theoretical maximum flow in a normal coronary artery. FFR is defined as the ratio of the mean distal coronary pressure to the mean aortic pressure.
Key Drivers of Global Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Market
- The global fractional flow reserve (FFR) market is likely to be driven by increase in the prevalence of cardiovascular disorders and technological advancements. FFR is a benchmark to assess whether any particular stenosis is responsible for inducible ischemia.
- According to the American Heart Association, in 2018, about 92.1 million U.S. adults were living with some form of a cardiovascular disease or after-effects of stroke
- Favorable reimbursement scenario for fractional flow reserve (FFR) is estimated to drive the global market during the forecast period. The American Medical Association (AMA) has granted a Category-III Tracking Code for coronary fractional flow reserve (FFR) using computed tomography (FFR-CT).
- More favorable clinical outcomes for percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) guided by FFR compared to angiography-guided PCI are expected to propel the global fractional flow reserve (FFR) market during the forecast period
- Some patients are intolerant to adenosine sometimes, which adds time to the procedure. Thus, introduction of adenosine-free FFR is estimated to drive the global FFR market during the forecast period.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Market Report
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Market
- North America is a leading market for fractional flow reserve (FFR). The market in the region is driven by high rate of adoption of technologically advanced products for cardiovascular procedures in the region.
- Increase in the prevalence of coronary artery disease in elderly population is expected to propel the global FFR market during the forecast period. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2018, around 18.2 million adults aged 20 years or above in the U.S. had coronary artery disease (CAD).
- Countries in Europe have favorable reimbursement policies, which is anticipated to propel the market in the region during the forecast period. Regulatory authorities such as European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Association for Cardiothoracic Surgery (EACTS) recommend use of FFR in coronary angiography.
- Demand for FFR-guided angioplasty is surging, due to expansion of patient pool, increase in the number of hospitals, and government support for improving the health care sector, especially in Asia Pacific, Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East
- According to the Central Bureau of Health Intelligence, the number of government hospitals in India increased from 4,571 in 2000 to 11,993 in 2011. Thus, significant rise in the number of hospitals in Asia Pacific is likely to boost the fractional flow reserve (FFR) market in the region during the forecast period.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global fractional flow reserve (FFR) market are:
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- ACIST Medical Systems
Global Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Market: Research Scope
Global Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Market, by Product
- Pressure Guidewires
- FFR Measurement Systems
Global Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Diagnostic Centers
Global Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.