Global Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Market: Introduction
- Fractional flow reserve is a technique used in coronary catheterization to measure pressure differences across a coronary artery stenosis to determine the possibility of the stenosis impeding delivery of oxygen to the heart muscle. Fractional flow reserve (FFR) utilizes a specialized guidewire to measure blood pressure in a coronary artery. FFR is performed by using a standard diagnostic catheter during coronary angiogram.
- Fractional flow reserve (FFR) measurement involves determining the ratio of the maximum achievable blood flow in a diseased coronary artery to the theoretical maximum flow in a normal coronary artery. FFR is defined as the ratio of the mean distal coronary pressure to the mean aortic pressure.
Key Drivers of Global Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Market
- The global fractional flow reserve (FFR) market is likely to be driven by increase in the prevalence of cardiovascular disorders and technological advancements. FFR is a benchmark to assess whether any particular stenosis is responsible for inducible ischemia.
- According to the American Heart Association, in 2018, about 92.1 million U.S. adults were living with some form of a cardiovascular disease or after-effects of stroke
- Favorable reimbursement scenario for fractional flow reserve (FFR) is estimated to drive the global market during the forecast period. The American Medical Association (AMA) has granted a Category-III Tracking Code for coronary fractional flow reserve (FFR) using computed tomography (FFR-CT).
- More favorable clinical outcomes for percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) guided by FFR compared to angiography-guided PCI are expected to propel the global fractional flow reserve (FFR) market during the forecast period
- Some patients are intolerant to adenosine sometimes, which adds time to the procedure. Thus, introduction of adenosine-free FFR is estimated to drive the global FFR market during the forecast period.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Market Report
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Market
- North America is a leading market for fractional flow reserve (FFR). The market in the region is driven by high rate of adoption of technologically advanced products for cardiovascular procedures in the region.
- Increase in the prevalence of coronary artery disease in elderly population is expected to propel the global FFR market during the forecast period. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2018, around 18.2 million adults aged 20 years or above in the U.S. had coronary artery disease (CAD).
- Countries in Europe have favorable reimbursement policies, which is anticipated to propel the market in the region during the forecast period. Regulatory authorities such as European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Association for Cardiothoracic Surgery (EACTS) recommend use of FFR in coronary angiography.
- Demand for FFR-guided angioplasty is surging, due to expansion of patient pool, increase in the number of hospitals, and government support for improving the health care sector, especially in Asia Pacific, Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East
- According to the Central Bureau of Health Intelligence, the number of government hospitals in India increased from 4,571 in 2000 to 11,993 in 2011. Thus, significant rise in the number of hospitals in Asia Pacific is likely to boost the fractional flow reserve (FFR) market in the region during the forecast period.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global fractional flow reserve (FFR) market are:
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- ACIST Medical Systems
Global Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Market: Research Scope
Global Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Market, by Product
- Pressure Guidewires
- FFR Measurement Systems
Global Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Diagnostic Centers
Global Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis