Foot and Ankle Allografts Market: Introduction
- Allografts are most commonly used in reconstructive surgeries around the foot and ankle. Compared to autograft tissue, allografts provide advantages such as less operative time, unlimited tissue sources, and lack of potential donors-site morbidity.
- Allografts can be divided into three categories: osteochondral grafts, allograft tendons, and osseous/structural grafts
- Allografts are used in various types of surgeries such as joint reconstruction in the knee and ankle, reconstruction due to cancer or trauma, ACL repair, urological procedures, shoulder repair, and spinal fusion. This has dramatically increased the use of these type of grafts in the past decade.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Foot and Ankle Allografts Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Foot and Ankle Allografts Market
- Increase in number of sports injuries is expected to propel the foot and ankle allografts market. More than 3.5 million children aged 14 and below get hurt annually while playing sports or participating in recreational activities. Ankle sprains account for half of the sports injuries. As per the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), each day 25,000 people in the U.S. suffer from an ankle sprain. In this, 80.0% of ankle sprains are due to inward rolling or inversion of the ankle.
- Rise in aging and geriatric population is likely to drive the foot and ankle allografts market. The world’s population is aging rapidly, especially in some of the developed economies such as the U.S. and Japan. Developed economies present high rates of aging. According to the World Health Organization, the global geriatric population is likely to reach around 2 billion (22% of global population) by 2050 as against 900 million in 2015. Countries such as India, China, Thailand, and South Korea are also expected to have large geriatric population in the near future.
- Lack of awareness about foot and ankle allografts is likely to restrain the foot and ankle allografts market
Allograft Acellular Dermal Matrix Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on product type, the global foot and ankle allografts market can be segmented into allograft wedges, allograft acellular dermal matrix, allograft tendons, cartilage allograft matrix, skin allografts, and amniotic membranes
- The allograft acellular dermal matrix segment accounted for the highest share of the foot and ankle allografts market in 2018. This segment is expected to dominate the foot and ankle allografts market due to increase in demand for allograft acellular dermal matrix in foot and ankle injuries.
Orthopedic Reconstruction Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of surgery type, the global foot and ankle allografts market can be divided into orthopedic reconstruction, cartilage restoration, soft tissue tendon & ligament repair, and wound care
- The orthopedic reconstruction segment generated the highest revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in number of arthrodesis and osteotomy procedures.
Hospitals Segment to be Most Promising Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global foot and ankle allografts market can be divided into hospitals, orthopedic clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers. The hospitals segment generated the highest revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period. Increase in number of arthrodesis and osteotomy procedures in hospitals is likely to boost the growth of this segment during the forecast period.
North America to Dominate Global Foot and Ankle Allografts Market
- In terms of region, the global foot and ankle allografts market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global foot and ankle allografts market in 2018 and is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. This dominance of the region can be attributed to increase in product offerings, presence of key market players in the region, greater affordability, and rise in demand for early diagnosis.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to register highest growth during the forecast period, owing to increase in adoption of new products and rise in incidence of foot and ankle injuries
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Foot and Ankle Allografts Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global foot and ankle allografts market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- CONMED Corporation
- Wright Medical Group N.V.
- Amniox Medical, Inc.
- Bone Bank Allografts
- RTI Surgical Holdings, Inc.
- Zimmer Biomet, Arthrex, Inc.
- JRF Ortho
- Integra Life Sciences Corporation
- Smith & Nephew
- DePuy Synthes
- Other Prominent Players
Global Foot and Ankle Allografts Market: Research Scope
Global Foot and Ankle Allografts Market, by Product Type
- Allograft Wedges
- Allograft Tendons
- Allograft Acellular Dermal matrix
- Cartilage Allograft Matrix
- Skin Allografts
- Amniotic Membranes
Global Foot and Ankle Allografts Market, by Surgery Type
- Orthopedic Reconstruction
- Cartilage Restoration
- Soft Tissue Tendon & Ligament Repair
- Wound Care
Global Foot and Ankle Allografts Market, by End-user
- Orthopedic Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Foot and Ankle Allografts Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.