Foot and Ankle Allografts Market: Introduction
- Allografts are most commonly used in reconstructive surgeries around the foot and ankle. Compared to autograft tissue, allografts provide advantages such as less operative time, unlimited tissue sources, and lack of potential donors-site morbidity.
- Allografts can be divided into three categories: osteochondral grafts, allograft tendons, and osseous/structural grafts
- Allografts are used in various types of surgeries such as joint reconstruction in the knee and ankle, reconstruction due to cancer or trauma, ACL repair, urological procedures, shoulder repair, and spinal fusion. This has dramatically increased the use of these type of grafts in the past decade.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Foot and Ankle Allografts Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Foot and Ankle Allografts Market
- Increase in number of sports injuries is expected to propel the foot and ankle allografts market. More than 3.5 million children aged 14 and below get hurt annually while playing sports or participating in recreational activities. Ankle sprains account for half of the sports injuries. As per the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), each day 25,000 people in the U.S. suffer from an ankle sprain. In this, 80.0% of ankle sprains are due to inward rolling or inversion of the ankle.
- Rise in aging and geriatric population is likely to drive the foot and ankle allografts market. The world’s population is aging rapidly, especially in some of the developed economies such as the U.S. and Japan. Developed economies present high rates of aging. According to the World Health Organization, the global geriatric population is likely to reach around 2 billion (22% of global population) by 2050 as against 900 million in 2015. Countries such as India, China, Thailand, and South Korea are also expected to have large geriatric population in the near future.
- Lack of awareness about foot and ankle allografts is likely to restrain the foot and ankle allografts market
Allograft Acellular Dermal Matrix Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on product type, the global foot and ankle allografts market can be segmented into allograft wedges, allograft acellular dermal matrix, allograft tendons, cartilage allograft matrix, skin allografts, and amniotic membranes
- The allograft acellular dermal matrix segment accounted for the highest share of the foot and ankle allografts market in 2018. This segment is expected to dominate the foot and ankle allografts market due to increase in demand for allograft acellular dermal matrix in foot and ankle injuries.
Orthopedic Reconstruction Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of surgery type, the global foot and ankle allografts market can be divided into orthopedic reconstruction, cartilage restoration, soft tissue tendon & ligament repair, and wound care
- The orthopedic reconstruction segment generated the highest revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in number of arthrodesis and osteotomy procedures.
Hospitals Segment to be Most Promising Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global foot and ankle allografts market can be divided into hospitals, orthopedic clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers. The hospitals segment generated the highest revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period. Increase in number of arthrodesis and osteotomy procedures in hospitals is likely to boost the growth of this segment during the forecast period.
North America to Dominate Global Foot and Ankle Allografts Market
- In terms of region, the global foot and ankle allografts market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global foot and ankle allografts market in 2018 and is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. This dominance of the region can be attributed to increase in product offerings, presence of key market players in the region, greater affordability, and rise in demand for early diagnosis.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to register highest growth during the forecast period, owing to increase in adoption of new products and rise in incidence of foot and ankle injuries
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Foot and Ankle Allografts Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global foot and ankle allografts market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- CONMED Corporation
- Wright Medical Group N.V.
- Amniox Medical, Inc.
- Bone Bank Allografts
- RTI Surgical Holdings, Inc.
- Zimmer Biomet, Arthrex, Inc.
- JRF Ortho
- Integra Life Sciences Corporation
- Smith & Nephew
- DePuy Synthes
- Other Prominent Players
Global Foot and Ankle Allografts Market: Research Scope
Global Foot and Ankle Allografts Market, by Product Type
- Allograft Wedges
- Allograft Tendons
- Allograft Acellular Dermal matrix
- Cartilage Allograft Matrix
- Skin Allografts
- Amniotic Membranes
Global Foot and Ankle Allografts Market, by Surgery Type
- Orthopedic Reconstruction
- Cartilage Restoration
- Soft Tissue Tendon & Ligament Repair
- Wound Care
Global Foot and Ankle Allografts Market, by End-user
- Orthopedic Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Foot and Ankle Allografts Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.