Food Intolerance Testing Market: Introduction
- Food intolerance is an abnormal non-immune response with allergy-like symptoms after ingesting of food. It can result from pharmacological reactions, enzyme deficiencies, or response to toxic or irritant components of food. Symptoms of food intolerance include irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), urticaria, skin rashes, nasal congestion, angioedema and eczema, pharyngeal irritations, sinusitis, asthma and unproductive cough, abdominal cramp, mouth ulcers, intermittent diarrhea, nausea, gas, and constipation. Symptoms may include anaphylaxis. Symptoms are usually confined to the gastrointestinal system, for example, bloating, abdominal pain, and diarrhea.
- Technological advancements and government funding are expected to drive the global food intolerance testing market during the forecast period. Additionally, reduction in time and cost coupled with increase in the need for customized food intolerance testing fuels the global food intolerance testing market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Food Intolerance Testing Market
- Increasing prevalence of food intolerance and allergies
- According to data published by the World Health Organization (WHO), the rate of prevalence of food intolerance and allergies to food in the U.S. in 2016 was around 8% among children and 5% among adults. Moreover, reports published on food intolerance and allergies by the WHO over the last decade state that the rate of prevalence of food-induced hospitalizations in the U.S. increased from 0.6 per 1,000 patients in 2007 to 1.3 per 1,000 patients in 2017.
- Rising prevalence of food intolerance in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific is expected to drive food intolerance testing market in these regions during the forecast period
- Increased health care expenditure worldwide
- The changing economic environment has resulted in high health care expenditure and increased demand for high-quality health care and diagnostic services, leading to remarkable growth of the global allergy diagnostics sector, especially the food intolerance testing segment of this sector
- According to the WHO, the global per capita health care expenditure has increased. The global health care sector is expanding at a higher pace than the global economy itself. The global health care spending rose at a rate of 3.9% per year between 2000 and 2017, while the global economy grew at a rate of 3.0% per year.
- Middle-income countries are converging rapidly to higher spending rates. The health care spending in these countries rose at a rate of 6.3% per year between 2000 and 2017, while the economy of these countries expanded at a rate of 5.9% per year.
- In 2017, the health care spending in low-income countries increased at a rate of 7.8% over that in 2016. In low-income countries, the average health care spending was only US$ 41 per person in 2017, compared to that in high-income countries (US$ 2.937), which is a disparity of more than 70 folds.
- High-income countries account for about 80% of the global health care spending. On the other hand, the share of middle-income countries increased from 13% to 19% of the global spending between 2000 and 2017.
Insulin Infusion Pumps Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of test types, the global food intolerance testing market can be classified into conventional tests and alternative allergy tests
- The conventional tests segment can be sub-categorized into skin-based tests and blood tests. The skin-based tests sub-segment can be further divided into scratch tests, intradermal tests, and patch tests. The blood tests sub-segment can be further classified into ELISA and Rast.
- Moreover, the alternative allergy tests segment can be sub-categorized into invasive tests and non-invasive tests. The invasive tests sub-segment can be further segregated into IgG blood tests, cytotoxic tests, electro-dermal tests, and microarray tests. The non-invasive tests sub-segment can be further categorized into pulse tests and kinesiology tests.
- Based on end-user, the global food intolerance testing market can be divided into hospitals, diagnostic centers, and others
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Asia Pacific Food Intolerance Testing Market to Expand at a Rapid Pace
- In terms of region, the global food intolerance testing market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to dominate the global food tolerance testing market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to presence of well-established health care infrastructure and increasing demand for better treatment facilities in the U.S.
- In 2015, the U.S. had the maximum per capita health care expenditure across the world, which was valued at US$ 9,523 by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Additionally, availability of better and advanced health care facilities has resulted in people spending more on health care. Furthermore, advancements in the development of drugs for food intolerance testing is a driving factor for the market in the U.S.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a market with high potential for food intolerance testing during the forecast period. Increase in affordability of treatments and rise in awareness about food intolerance testing are expected to drive the Asia Pacific market during the forecast period. Moreover, rapidly changing lifestyle of people in Asia and increasing incidence of food intolerance are expected to augment the food intolerance testing market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Leading Players Operating in Global Food Intolerance Testing Market
The global food intolerance testing market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key players operating in the global food intolerance testing market are:
- Pamela’s Products, Inc.
- Amy’s Kitchen, Inc.
- SGS SA
- Intertek Group plc.
- Eurofins Scientific
- ALS Limited
- Alletess Medical Laboratory
Global Food Intolerance Testing Market: Research Scope
Global Food Intolerance Testing Market, by Test Type
- Conventional Tests
- Skin-based Tests
- Scratch Tests
- Intradermal Tests
- Patch Tests
- Blood Tests
- Skin-based Tests
- Alternative Allergy Tests
- Invasive Tests
- Cytotoxic Tests
- Electro-dermal Tests
- Microarray Tests
- IgG Blood Tests
- Non-invasive Tests
- Pulse Tests
- Kinesiology Tests
- Invasive Tests
Global Food Intolerance Testing Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.