Food Industry Pulsed Electric Field (PEF) Systems Market Introduction
- Food industry pulsed electric field (PEF) systems are widely used in the food and beverage industry as a superior non-thermal processing method.
- This system utilizes short pulses of electricity for inactivation of microbes from food and beverage products.
- Food industry pulsed electric field (PEF) systems offer microbiologically safe, fresh, nutritious, and minimally processed food products.
Food Industry Pulsed Electric Field (PEF) Systems Market Dynamics
- Rapidly growing demand for fresh, durable and safe food products among consumers across the world has driven the emergence of disinfection as a critical procedure in increasing the shelf life of food products.
- The rising adoption of food sterilization has empowered the selection of pulsed electric field (PEF) processing for the best possible sterilization of food products by preventing spoilage and pathogenic microorganisms.
- The utilization of PEF disturbs the cell layer of microorganisms causing the leakage of intracellular substance, in the long run controlling the development of microbial cells.
- Continuously increasing need for food disinfection has empowered the utilization of PEF processing, eventually driving the development of the food industry pulsed electric field (PEF) systems market.
- Continuous introduction and product launch of new PEF systems is gaining prominence in the food industry pulsed electric field (PEF) systems market. Thus, leading vendors are engaged in launching innovative products and solutions to meet the market demand as well as to gain a competitive position in the food industry pulsed electric field (PEF) systems market.
- In addition, the PEF system is increasingly being adopted among users as an alternative to thermal pasteurization.
- Thermal pasteurization is a conventional process widely used in the food industry to deactivate microorganisms in liquid food. However, this process may lead to issues such as loss of texture and loss of freshness of food and aroma.
- Food industry pulsed electric field (PEF) systems are a very high energy intensive method. Thus, high voltage PEF systems have emerged as an effective substitute for thermal pasteurization to process food and beverage products.
- However, high initial cost of installation of PEF systems is expected to hinder the adoption of food industry pulsed electric field (PEF) systems. High cost associated with initial set-up prevents food and beverage processing companies from adopting the PEF system, thereby hindering the food industry pulsed electric field (PEF) systems market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Food Industry Pulsed Electric Field (PEF) Systems Market: Segmentation Analysis
- Based on type, the food industry pulsed electric field (PEF) systems market can be segmented into 10-30kV/cm and 30-50kV/cm.
- Based on application, the food industry pulsed electric field (PEF) systems market can be divided into solid food and liquid food.
- The liquid food segment is considered to be the prominent application area of food industry pulsed electric field (PEF) systems. The market share of this application segment is expected to increase in the coming years and it is likely to maintain its leading position in the global food industry pulsed electric field (PEF) systems market over the forecast period.
- Food industry pulsed electric field (PEF) systems help in the inactivation of microbes, thereby maintaining the physio-chemical quality of liquid food.
Europe to Lead the Global Market for Food Industry Pulsed Electric Field (PEF) Systems
- In terms of region, the global food industry pulsed electric field (PEF) systems market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is likely to dominate the global food industry pulsed electric field (PEF) systems market from 2019 to 2027, followed by North America and Asia Pacific.
- The growing health concern among people has propelled the consumption of minimally processed food products, thus encouraging the growth of the food industry pulsed electric field (PEF) systems market in Europe.
- Additionally, the market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand significantly in the near future. Growing population and rapid urbanization are the key factors driving the demand for various types of processed food and this is expected to propel the adoption of PEF systems in the food and beverage industry.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global food industry pulsed electric field (PEF) systems market was highly concentrated in 2018 with the presence of regional and international players who occupy prominent share. These vendors are engaging in offering extensive product portfolios, thus creating a competitive environment. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- CoolWave Processing B.V.
- Diversified Technologies, Inc.
- Heat and Control
- Pulsemaster B.V.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Global Food Industry Pulsed Electric Field (PEF) Systems Market: Research Scope
Food Industry Pulsed Electric Field (PEF) Systems Market, by Type
Food Industry Pulsed Electric Field (PEF) Systems Market, by Application
- Solid Food
- Liquid Food
Global Food Industry Pulsed Electric Field (PEF) Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.