Food Contact Paper Market
Food Contact Paper Market (Material: Kraft Paper, Specialty Paper, and Recycled Paper; Thickness: Up to 30GSM, 30-50 GSM, and Above 50 GSM; Application: Bakery Products, Fresh Food, Fast Food, Dairy Products, Baby Food, and Other Foods; and End Use: Hotels & Restaurants, Bakery & Cafes, Fast Food Outlets, Cinemas, Airline & Railway Catering, and Other End Uses) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2028
Press Release :
Screening Strategies Help Minimize Spread of COVID-19 through Frozen Food Packaging
There is a growing evidence that food packaging is transporting SARS-CoV-2 across international borders. The unprecedented demand for frozen food is one of the key factors for increased imports and exports among countries. Hence, manufacturers in the food contact paper market are being compelled to boost their production for single use packaging. As such, massive screening efforts and UV (ultraviolet) disinfection strategies are anticipated to reduce the burden of packaging contamination.
It has been found that virus particles from a person’s mouth or nose increase the risk of the coronavirus infection as compared to touching of surfaces of frozen food. Such findings are helping companies in the food contact paper market to boost their incremental opportunities in 2021.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Food Contact Paper Market.
Regulatory Challenges Starting Point for European Manufacturers
The food contact paper market is predicted to expand ~1.4 times to current market value with a CAGR of 4.5% during the assessment period. However, European manufacturers are faced with regulatory challenges, such as abiding with the Food Contact Guidelines for the Compliance of Paper and Board Materials and Articles to demonstrate its efficacy for food contact applications.
As stated by the European Union (EU) and Member State legislation, manufacturers in the Europe food contact paper market are gaining information on core requirements such as supply chain communication and testing for compliance requirements. Intentionally and non-intentionally added substances are being considered for the manufacturing of packaging solutions.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Restrictions on Plastic Packaging Lead to Competitive Race for Sustainability
Stakeholders in the food contact paper market have entered the race to produce sustainable packaging solutions. China is restricting plastic waste import, and some countries have even raised taxes on plastic bags. Such trends are contributing toward market growth, since paper as a packaging material is being viewed as high value and environment-friendly by consumers. Hence, manufacturers are increasing their R&D in special barrier and formability capabilities for paper packaging solutions.
A system of techniques and parameters for process innovation is being used to develop food contact paper packaging solutions. Companies in the food contact paper market such as Arjowiggins has announced the launch of its breakthrough innovation called Sylvicta, which mimics the properties of plastic to prevent oxygen from entering into the food.
Prevention of Oxygen from Entering Food Highly Preferred in Paper Solutions
There is a growing demand for packaging solutions that ensures maximum freshness throughout the supply chain until the point of consumption. In order to achieve this, manufacturers in the food contact paper market are increasing the availability of paper packaging solutions that prevent oxygen from entering into the food. Companies are increasing their R&D budget and collaborating with highly skilled and experienced teams to develop translucent paper solutions that provide a barrier to mineral oils and fatty foodstuffs.
Manufacturers in the food contact paper market are increasing the availability of compostable, recyclable, and marine biodegradable packaging solutions with the help of renewable raw materials sourced from protected forests.
FDA-approved Packaging Solutions Boost Credibility of Manufacturers
Companies in the food contact paper market are avoiding the use of harmful chemicals in packaging to improve the functionality and translucency of materials. Thus, manufacturers are increasing their production capacities for food contact approved solutions as per the guidelines of the European Food Safety Authority and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), U.S.
Tapping into the wealth of collaboration and experience has become the key to success in sustainable packaging solutions. Manufacturers in the food contact paper market are innovating in fully recyclable paper cups suitable for the packaging of soup and instant noodles. The revolutionary reCup is gaining popularity for the utilization of mineralized resin coating in its material, which is emerging as an alternative to standard paper cups.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Food Contact Paper Market.
Statements by the World Health Organization such as low risk of COVID-19 transmission from food or food packaging is fueling growth in the market, owing to surge in consumption with the beginning of 2021. Environment-friendly cups made from mineralized resin coating are storming the Europe food contact paper market, and a great way to reduce waste and boost biodegradability and recyclability of materials. However, manufacturers need to meet stringent European Union standards to demonstrate the efficacy of materials due to food contact. Thus, manufacturers should increase their R&D budget and collaborate with experienced R&D teams to increase the availability of packaging materials that prevent oxygen from entering the food.
Food Contact Paper Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global food contact paper market for the forecast period of 2020-2028, the market is estimated to be driven by rising consumption of ready-to-eat food items and growing demand for aesthetic and customized food contact paper
- The global food contact paper market is expected to expand by ~1.4 times to current market value with a CAGR of 4.5% during forecast period
Online Food Chain Market Propelling Growth Opportunities for Food Contact Paper Market
- Global eCommerce industry has witnessed significant market growth over the past few years and projected to remain same during the forecast period. Online food foodservice companies such as UberEats, Swiggy, Foodpanda, WHYQ, etc. are penetrating the market further on the back of changing eating habits and a wide range of food items offered by food outlets on these online eCommerce platforms.
- Furthermore, many food retail companies across the continents are evolving their business strategies through collaboration with online foodservice companies. This creates substantial demand for food packaging solutions, including food contact paper.
- These food retail companies are using food contact paper as an effective marketing tool. Thus, global food contact paper market is estimated to witness promising market growth in the near future.
Ban on Lightweight Single Use Plastic to Drive Food Contact Paper Market
- Improper plastic waste management across the globe is one of the key factors that causes severe soil and ground water pollution. Various governments already have taken initiatives, and induced stringent rules and regulations for plastic waste management.
- Furthermore, several countries across the globe have already restricted, and banned the use of single use and lightweight plastic packaging products. This introduction of stringent regulations and ban over the consumption of single use plastic creates massive demand for packaging solutions, which are recyclable yet sustainable.
- Food contact paper is recyclable compared to other material such as plastic and metal, thus considered as an eco-friendly and economic form of packaging. In addition, increasing awareness associated with harmful impact of plastic packaging fuels the demand for paper based packaging solutions, which ultimately facilitates the overall food contact paper market growth.
Rise in Demand for Aesthetic, Customized Food Contact Paper Fuels Market Growth
- Leading food and food service companies operating in the global market are preferring printed and customized food contact paper in order to enhance the product appeal and market their product throughout the supply chain
- In order to attract more customers, these industry players are using food contact paper with new textures, graphics, eye-catching colors, and innovative designs. Food companies also demanding greaseproof wrapping paper, kraft paper, and foil paper for packaging of food items such as sandwiches, burgers, and others.
- Rising preference for such aesthetic and customized food contact paper is boosting market growth significantly
Food Contact Paper Market: Key Findings
- As per material type, specialty paper segment is projected to lead the overall food contact paper market with more than 90% of the market share in 2020, owing to its greaseproof and wax structure, and ability to pack and seal food product precisely. The target segment will continue to dominate the global food contact paper market during the forecast period.
- Based on thickness, up to 30 GSM is expected to be the most preferred segment to manufacture food contact paper. The target segment is anticipated to offer total incremental opportunity of ~US$ 848 Mn during the forecast period.
- Despite being a matured market, substantial portion of the food contact paper market is captured by North America. The region accounts for a significant usage of food contact paper, and is anticipated to remain the major user of food contact paper by the end of 2028. However, Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold ~28% share of the market by 2028. Astonishing market penetration of food service industry in recent years in Asian countries is estimated to accelerate the food contact paper market growth in this region during the forecast period.
Food Contact Paper Market: Competition Landscape
- TMR analyzed that the global food contact paper market is highly competitive, owing to startups and entry of local players. This completion among key players is carefully studied based on developments, strategies, and segmental revenue of companies over the past five years.
- The recent study on the food contact paper market includes profiles of players such as
- Mondi Plc
- Twin River Paper Company
- Nordic Paper
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc.
- KRPA Holding CZ, a.s.
- SCG Packaging PCL
- Harwal Group of Companies
- PT. Indah Kiat Pulp & Paper Tbk
- Asian Pulp & Paper Company
- Westrock Company
- Pudumjee Paper Products
- BPM Inc.
- Seaman Paper Company
- TMR differentiated these players as Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 as per their segmental earnings. Among these players, Mondi Plc, Ahlstrom-Munksjo and PT. Indah Kiat Pulp & Paper Tbk are identified as Tier 1 players in food contact paper market. Tier 2 players are Westrock Company, Metsä Group, Nordic Paper, and SCG Packaging. Tier 3 players are Pudumjee Paper Products, BPM Inc., Seaman Paper, Harwal Group of Companies, and Twin River Paper Company, among others.
COVID-19 to Limit Market Growth
- The global spread of the novel COVID-19 has induced significant impact on the global packaging industry, including the paper industry. Discontinuation in production and shutdown of paper mills across the globe have limit the production of food contact paper.
- Moreover, lockdown across prominent regions, such as North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific has led to closure of leading food service outlets, thus reducing consumption of food contact paper. Furthermore, changing eating patterns and reduced consumption of ready-to-use and outside food due to the COVID-19 spread have affected the demand for food contact paper. However, as several countries are lifting the lockdown with proper precautionary measures, the demand for food contact paper is likely to back on track in the beginning of 2021.
Food Contact Paper Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global food contact paper market providing forecast for the period of 2020-2028. In the study, growth opportunity for the food contact paper market is witnessed. The report provides valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the food contact paper market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Food Contact Paper Market Report
- What will be market size for food contact paper by the end of 2028?
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on food contact paper market?
- Which is the most preferred material for manufacturing food contact paper in the global market?
- Which region will remain most lucrative for market growth?
- Which end use holds maximum market share in the global food contact paper market?
- Who are major key players in the food contact paper market?
Key indicators associated with the food contact paper market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global food contact paper market. A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes component suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end uses has been incorporated in the global market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of food contact paper. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the food contact paper market have been covered in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the food contact paper market is provided on the material, thickness, application, end use, and region.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments are provided in the report. The food contact paper market is analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the food contact paper market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players have also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of food contact paper manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end uses for food contact paper.
The report includes company overview of key players. Some of the key companies profiled in the food contact paper market report include Mondi Plc, Twin River Paper Company, Nordic Paper, Westrock Company, Pudumjee Paper Products, BPM Inc., Seaman Paper Company, Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc., KRPA Holding CZ, a.s., SCG Packaging PCL, Harwal Group of Companies, PT. Indah Kiat Pulp & Paper Tbk, Ahlstrom-Munksjo, and Asian Pulp & Paper Company, among others.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, is provided in the food contact paper market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises of detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches have been employed to garner keen insights into the forecast study of the food contact paper market. The report has further undergone a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the food contact paper market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Food Contact Paper Market – Segmentation
The global food contact paper market has been segmented on the basis of material, thickness, application, end use, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers with holistic view of the market.