Flywheel UPS: Introduction
- Flywheel UPS stores electric energy in the form of kinetic energy with the help of a rotor. It is used to maintain high electrical stability in data centers, telecom centers, and machinery industries.
- Flywheel UPS has several advantages such as voltage change protection capability, high reliability, fast recharge, high energy scalability, and low maintenance, due to which it is extensively used in many industries i.e. oil & gas, aerospace, automotive, and other industries across developed and developing countries.
- Flywheel UPS is used for energy management during regenerative braking of rolling units..
- Flywheel UPS is an environmentally sound reliable energy storage device that can deliver DC power in the high speed rotation of the flywheel in each product.
- The lifecycle of flywheel UPS is typically 20 years, as it resists their rotational speed by the momentum of inertia. This inertia is what makes flywheel UPS work, which in turn is expected to boost the flywheel UPS market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Flywheel UPS Market: Dynamics
Global Flywheel UPS Market: Key Drivers
- Growing adoption of flywheel UPS in transportation and aerospace industry due to energy storage systems is expected to accelerate the growth of the market.
- Rising automobile production is expected to enhance the automotive industry in developed and developing countries, which in turn is expected to boost the flywheel UPS market.
- Rising demand for energy storage devices and constant power supply, mainly in commercial work stations, is expected to drive the flywheel UPS market worldwide.
- Growing demand for energy backup, typically from the commercial sector is anticipated to drive the flywheel UPS market.
- Heavy dependence on digital equipment and automation technologies in growing industrial and commercial sectors, has resulted in increasing demand for UPS systems. This in turn is expected to fuel the flywheel UPS market over the forecast period 2019-2027.
North America to Hold a Major Share of the Global Flywheel UPS Market
- In terms of region, the global flywheel UPS market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America held leading share of the global flywheel UPS market in terms of volume and revenue in 2018 and is projected to continue its dominance through the forecast period 2019- 2027. High demand for power storage systems and nonstop power supply in data centers and telecom stations, and in the commercial sector is expected to accelerate the flywheel UPS market in North America.
- Asia Pacific is predicted to be the fastest growing market over the forecast period as compared to other regions due to increasing demand for flywheels in data centers to store large amount of data in short period of time, owing to frequent power cuts. This in turn is anticipated to drive the flywheel UPS market in the region.
- Europe is expected to see enhanced growth in the flywheel UPS market due to high demand for automobiles. This is expected to impact the growth of the flywheel UPS market over the forecast period, due to the growing automobile industry.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Global Flywheel UPS Market: Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Flywheel UPS Market
Several local and regional players operate in the global market for flywheel UPS. The flywheel UPS market is fragmented due to the presence of few global and several domestic players. Most of the manufacturers and vendors promote and sell their flywheel UPS through their own online sales website. Manufacturers of flywheel UPS are adopting key strategies of new product development and enhancement in the quality of product and delivery processes. Key players operating in the global flywheel UPS market are:
- Schneider Electric
- Active Power (Germany) GmbH
- Gmmco (Caterpillar)
- General Electric
- Electronics Representatives Association.
- HITEC ELECTRIC ELEKTRONIK TIC. LTD. STI
- Mitsubishi Electric Power Products Inc.
- ELYTT ENERGY
Global Flywheel UPS Market: Research Scope
Global Flywheel UPS Market, by Application
- Datacenters –
- Medical Imaging
- Industrial Critical Process
- Desalinization plants
- Cogeneration plants
- Uninterruptible power supplies
- Test & Physics laboratories
- Wind turbines
- Aircraft launching systems
Global Flywheel UPS Market, by Distribution Channel
- Direct Sales (OEM)
- Indirect Sales
Global Flywheel UPS Market, by Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Aerospace & Defense
- Commuter trains
Global Flywheel UPS Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.