Flywheel UPS: Introduction
- Flywheel UPS stores electric energy in the form of kinetic energy with the help of a rotor. It is used to maintain high electrical stability in data centers, telecom centers, and machinery industries.
- Flywheel UPS has several advantages such as voltage change protection capability, high reliability, fast recharge, high energy scalability, and low maintenance, due to which it is extensively used in many industries i.e. oil & gas, aerospace, automotive, and other industries across developed and developing countries.
- Flywheel UPS is used for energy management during regenerative braking of rolling units..
- Flywheel UPS is an environmentally sound reliable energy storage device that can deliver DC power in the high speed rotation of the flywheel in each product.
- The lifecycle of flywheel UPS is typically 20 years, as it resists their rotational speed by the momentum of inertia. This inertia is what makes flywheel UPS work, which in turn is expected to boost the flywheel UPS market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Flywheel UPS Market: Dynamics
Global Flywheel UPS Market: Key Drivers
- Growing adoption of flywheel UPS in transportation and aerospace industry due to energy storage systems is expected to accelerate the growth of the market.
- Rising automobile production is expected to enhance the automotive industry in developed and developing countries, which in turn is expected to boost the flywheel UPS market.
- Rising demand for energy storage devices and constant power supply, mainly in commercial work stations, is expected to drive the flywheel UPS market worldwide.
- Growing demand for energy backup, typically from the commercial sector is anticipated to drive the flywheel UPS market.
- Heavy dependence on digital equipment and automation technologies in growing industrial and commercial sectors, has resulted in increasing demand for UPS systems. This in turn is expected to fuel the flywheel UPS market over the forecast period 2019-2027.
North America to Hold a Major Share of the Global Flywheel UPS Market
- In terms of region, the global flywheel UPS market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America held leading share of the global flywheel UPS market in terms of volume and revenue in 2018 and is projected to continue its dominance through the forecast period 2019- 2027. High demand for power storage systems and nonstop power supply in data centers and telecom stations, and in the commercial sector is expected to accelerate the flywheel UPS market in North America.
- Asia Pacific is predicted to be the fastest growing market over the forecast period as compared to other regions due to increasing demand for flywheels in data centers to store large amount of data in short period of time, owing to frequent power cuts. This in turn is anticipated to drive the flywheel UPS market in the region.
- Europe is expected to see enhanced growth in the flywheel UPS market due to high demand for automobiles. This is expected to impact the growth of the flywheel UPS market over the forecast period, due to the growing automobile industry.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Global Flywheel UPS Market: Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Flywheel UPS Market
Several local and regional players operate in the global market for flywheel UPS. The flywheel UPS market is fragmented due to the presence of few global and several domestic players. Most of the manufacturers and vendors promote and sell their flywheel UPS through their own online sales website. Manufacturers of flywheel UPS are adopting key strategies of new product development and enhancement in the quality of product and delivery processes. Key players operating in the global flywheel UPS market are:
- Schneider Electric
- Active Power (Germany) GmbH
- Gmmco (Caterpillar)
- General Electric
- Electronics Representatives Association.
- HITEC ELECTRIC ELEKTRONIK TIC. LTD. STI
- Mitsubishi Electric Power Products Inc.
- ELYTT ENERGY
Global Flywheel UPS Market: Research Scope
Global Flywheel UPS Market, by Application
- Datacenters –
- Medical Imaging
- Industrial Critical Process
- Desalinization plants
- Cogeneration plants
- Uninterruptible power supplies
- Test & Physics laboratories
- Wind turbines
- Aircraft launching systems
Global Flywheel UPS Market, by Distribution Channel
- Direct Sales (OEM)
- Indirect Sales
Global Flywheel UPS Market, by Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Aerospace & Defense
- Commuter trains
Global Flywheel UPS Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.