Use of Fluoroscopy Devices in Various Medical Applications to Drive Global Market
- Fluoroscopy is the study of moving body parts analogous to X-ray imaging. Fluoroscopy equipment captures approximately 25 to 30 images per second of the body part on analysis. Fluoroscopy as a medical imaging tool helps physicians study several body systems such as digestive, skeletal, urinary, reproductive and respiratory.
- Fluoroscopy equipment are extensively used for orthopedic applications such as arthrography and barium X-rays. These are also used in other diverse examinations and procedures, such as lumbar puncture, cardiac catheterization, intravenous pyelogram, biopsies, hysterosalpingogram, and for the placement of intravenous catheters into arteries and veins.
- Fluoroscopy is either used solely as a diagnostic procedure or in conjunction with other diagnostic procedures or therapeutic measures. Additionally, fluoroscopy is also used for locating foreign bodies inside the anatomy and injecting image-guided anesthetic into joints and percutaneous vertebroplasty.
- The fluoroscopy equipment market is expanding at a rapid rate due to increase in orthopedic surgeries among the global geriatric population. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there were approximately 779,000 knee replacements and 432,000 hip replacements in the U.S. in 2017. However, the risk to radiation exposure, which can lead to mutations and other chronic diseases such as cancer, is restraining the growth of the fluoroscopy devices market. Moreover, preference for minimally invasive surgeries and use of CT and MRI may hinder the growth of the market.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Fluoroscopy Devices Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Fluoroscopy Devices Market
- Factors, such as aging population, increasing preference for minimally invasive procedures, and awareness about different medical conditions will contribute to the growth of the fluoroscopy devices market
- Increase in the number of hospitals globally will generate demand for fluoroscopy devices
- New players may face certain barriers, such as high initial investment and engineering cost and need for multidisciplinary product development teams. These barriers, however, are balanced by the rising demand for refurbished equipment.
Fixed Fluoroscopes Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on type of product, the global fluoroscopy devices market is categorized into fixed fluoroscopes and mobile fluoroscopes
- The mobile fluoroscope segment is sub-categorized into full-size fluoroscopes and mini fluoroscopes
- The fixed fluoroscopes devices type of product segment is expected to dominate the global fluoroscopy devices market between 2019 and 2027
Orthopedic and Cardiovascular Application Segment Offer Significant Growth Opportunities
- Based on application, the global fluoroscopy devices market can be divided into orthopedic cardiovascular, neurology, gastrointestinal, pain management & trauma, urology, general surgery, and other medical applications
- Increase in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases and orthopedic disorders across the globe is one of the major factors driving the global fluoroscopy market
- Cardiovascular processes involve comprehensive fluoroscopic advice to navigate endovascular catheters. Fluoroscopy offers outstanding spatial and temporal resolution limiting patients and personnel exposure to ionizing radiation, along with bad characterization of soft tissues.
North America to Dominate Global Market for Fluoroscopy Devices
- In terms of region, the global fluoroscopy devices market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to dominate the global fluoroscopy devices market, in terms of market share. The trend is expected to be continue during the forecast period
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, it is estimated that approximately 10 to 11 million pain management interventions are carried out in the United States. This, in turn, will boost the demand for fluoroscopy devices.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Fluoroscopy Devices Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global fluoroscopy devices market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- GE Healthcare
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Hologic, Inc.
- Siemens Healthcare Private Limited
- CANON MEDICAL SYSTEMS CORPORATION
- Carestream Health
- Ziehm Imaging GmbH
- Other Prominent Players
Global Fluoroscopy Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Fluoroscopy Devices Market, by Product
- Fixed Fluoroscopes
- Mobile Fluoroscopes
- Full-size Fluoroscopes
- Mini Fluoroscopes
Global Fluoroscopy Devices Market, by Application
- Pain Management & Trauma
- General Surgery
- Other Medical Applications
Global Fluoroscopy Devices Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Global Fluoroscopy Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.