Use of Fluoroscopy Devices in Various Medical Applications to Drive Global Market
- Fluoroscopy is the study of moving body parts analogous to X-ray imaging. Fluoroscopy equipment captures approximately 25 to 30 images per second of the body part on analysis. Fluoroscopy as a medical imaging tool helps physicians study several body systems such as digestive, skeletal, urinary, reproductive and respiratory.
- Fluoroscopy equipment are extensively used for orthopedic applications such as arthrography and barium X-rays. These are also used in other diverse examinations and procedures, such as lumbar puncture, cardiac catheterization, intravenous pyelogram, biopsies, hysterosalpingogram, and for the placement of intravenous catheters into arteries and veins.
- Fluoroscopy is either used solely as a diagnostic procedure or in conjunction with other diagnostic procedures or therapeutic measures. Additionally, fluoroscopy is also used for locating foreign bodies inside the anatomy and injecting image-guided anesthetic into joints and percutaneous vertebroplasty.
- The fluoroscopy equipment market is expanding at a rapid rate due to increase in orthopedic surgeries among the global geriatric population. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there were approximately 779,000 knee replacements and 432,000 hip replacements in the U.S. in 2017. However, the risk to radiation exposure, which can lead to mutations and other chronic diseases such as cancer, is restraining the growth of the fluoroscopy devices market. Moreover, preference for minimally invasive surgeries and use of CT and MRI may hinder the growth of the market.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Fluoroscopy Devices Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Fluoroscopy Devices Market
- Factors, such as aging population, increasing preference for minimally invasive procedures, and awareness about different medical conditions will contribute to the growth of the fluoroscopy devices market
- Increase in the number of hospitals globally will generate demand for fluoroscopy devices
- New players may face certain barriers, such as high initial investment and engineering cost and need for multidisciplinary product development teams. These barriers, however, are balanced by the rising demand for refurbished equipment.
Fixed Fluoroscopes Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on type of product, the global fluoroscopy devices market is categorized into fixed fluoroscopes and mobile fluoroscopes
- The mobile fluoroscope segment is sub-categorized into full-size fluoroscopes and mini fluoroscopes
- The fixed fluoroscopes devices type of product segment is expected to dominate the global fluoroscopy devices market between 2019 and 2027
Orthopedic and Cardiovascular Application Segment Offer Significant Growth Opportunities
- Based on application, the global fluoroscopy devices market can be divided into orthopedic cardiovascular, neurology, gastrointestinal, pain management & trauma, urology, general surgery, and other medical applications
- Increase in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases and orthopedic disorders across the globe is one of the major factors driving the global fluoroscopy market
- Cardiovascular processes involve comprehensive fluoroscopic advice to navigate endovascular catheters. Fluoroscopy offers outstanding spatial and temporal resolution limiting patients and personnel exposure to ionizing radiation, along with bad characterization of soft tissues.
North America to Dominate Global Market for Fluoroscopy Devices
- In terms of region, the global fluoroscopy devices market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to dominate the global fluoroscopy devices market, in terms of market share. The trend is expected to be continue during the forecast period
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, it is estimated that approximately 10 to 11 million pain management interventions are carried out in the United States. This, in turn, will boost the demand for fluoroscopy devices.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Fluoroscopy Devices Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global fluoroscopy devices market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- GE Healthcare
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Hologic, Inc.
- Siemens Healthcare Private Limited
- CANON MEDICAL SYSTEMS CORPORATION
- Carestream Health
- Ziehm Imaging GmbH
- Other Prominent Players
Global Fluoroscopy Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Fluoroscopy Devices Market, by Product
- Fixed Fluoroscopes
- Mobile Fluoroscopes
- Full-size Fluoroscopes
- Mini Fluoroscopes
Global Fluoroscopy Devices Market, by Application
- Pain Management & Trauma
- General Surgery
- Other Medical Applications
Global Fluoroscopy Devices Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Global Fluoroscopy Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.