Fluid Management Systems Market: Introduction
- Fluid management entails maintenance of normal fluid levels in the body either though administration of intravenous fluids or procedures such as dialysis. Perioperative fluid management, postoperative fluid management, and endoscopic fluid management, management of fluid levels in critically ill patients, fluid management in chronic kidney diseases, and IV therapies for dehydration caused by diarrhea and vomiting are important aspects of the fluid management system.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Fluid Management Systems Market
Rise in number of dialysis centers across the world
- The number of dialysis centers is increasing globally. This is projected to drive the fluid management market during the forecast period.
- According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, there were 5,698 dialysis centers in the U.S. in 2010, as against 4,789 dialysis centers in 2005. Furthermore, governments of emerging countries are establishing new dialysis centers and improving current dialysis centers.
- In 2013, Abu Dhabi Health Services Company and Abu Dhabi General Services Company announced a plan to establish a state-of-the-art dialysis center in Abu Dhabi, the UAE. The dialysis center would consist of 66 kidney dialysis units. Hence, increase in the number of dialysis centers coupled with related initiatives taken by respective governments is anticipated to offer significant opportunities for players in the market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Fluid Management Systems Market Report
- Initiatives have been taken by leading players in the global fluid management systems market to reach maximum ESRD patients across all the regions by increasing dialysis centers. B. Braun Melsungen AG alone has more than 300 centers in Europe, Africa, and Asia Pacific.
- On World Kidney Day, on March 9, 2017, Fresenius Medical Care launched a brand new Asia Pacific-wide corporate social responsibility initiative through a series of public awareness events reaching 6600 children, parents and carers — as well as media, key renal health partners, and government
Stringent Regulatory Approval Procedures
- Stringent regulatory requirements and the lengthy process of FDA approvals have discouraged OEMs of medical devices in the U.S., who are now eying other regions, such as Asia and Latin America, to launch newer products in the market
- The major barrier currently faced by orthopedic devices manufacturers is the high investments made for R&D and clinical trials. Slow approval processes are driving costs and minimal return on investment for stakeholders.
- Extensive number of device recalls has made a dramatic impact not only on sales, but also customer confidence
- For instance, in September 2012, there was an urgent voluntary product recall named FMS intermediary tube used with fluid management systems that connects the inflow tubing to the arthroscopic sheath during arthroscopic procedures. Such recalls hamper the market.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Fluid Management Systems Market Report
Fluid Management Systems Market: Segmentation
- In terms of product, the fluid management systems market can be divided into infusion therapy products, renal products, and endoscopic fluid management systems
- The infusion therapy products segment includes infusion devices, IV access, and IV solutions & products.
- The renal products system comprises in-center hemodialysis products, home hemodialysis (HHD) products, peritoneal dialysis products, and acute dialysis products
- Endoscopic fluid management systems include suction and irrigation devices, and accessories, irrigation solutions, insufflators; and integrated fluid management systems
- In terms of application, the fluid management systems market can be split into urology, cardiology, orthopedic, neurology, oncology, gastroenterology, and others (anesthesiology, bronchology, dentistry, otology, and gynecology)
- Based on end-user, the global fluid management systems market can be segregated into hospitals, clinics, dialysis centers, home care settings, and others
Asia Pacific Fluid Management Systems Market to Expand at a Rapid Pace
- In terms of region, the global fluid management systems market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America and Europe are prominent regions of the fluid management market, led by the highest per capita disposable income of the people, increase in incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases, and growth in geriatric population
- Asia Pacific and Latin America are emerging regions of the fluid management market owing to the strong economic growth over the last decade, changing lifestyles of the populations leading to high incidence of lifestyle diseases, and increasing number of surgical procedures performed in these regions
Leading Players Operating in Global Fluid Management Systems Market
The global fluid management systems market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global fluid management systems market are:
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Cardinal Health
- Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA
- KARL STORZ
- Smith & Nephew
Global Fluid Management Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Fluid Management Systems Market, by Product
- Infusion Therapy Systems
- Renal Systems
- Endoscopy Systems
Global Fluid Management Systems Market, by Application
Global Fluid Management Systems Market, by End-user
- Dialysis Centers
- Home Care Settings
Global Fluid Management Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.