Fluid Management Systems Market: Introduction
- Fluid management entails maintenance of normal fluid levels in the body either though administration of intravenous fluids or procedures such as dialysis. Perioperative fluid management, postoperative fluid management, and endoscopic fluid management, management of fluid levels in critically ill patients, fluid management in chronic kidney diseases, and IV therapies for dehydration caused by diarrhea and vomiting are important aspects of the fluid management system.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Fluid Management Systems Market
Rise in number of dialysis centers across the world
- The number of dialysis centers is increasing globally. This is projected to drive the fluid management market during the forecast period.
- According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, there were 5,698 dialysis centers in the U.S. in 2010, as against 4,789 dialysis centers in 2005. Furthermore, governments of emerging countries are establishing new dialysis centers and improving current dialysis centers.
- In 2013, Abu Dhabi Health Services Company and Abu Dhabi General Services Company announced a plan to establish a state-of-the-art dialysis center in Abu Dhabi, the UAE. The dialysis center would consist of 66 kidney dialysis units. Hence, increase in the number of dialysis centers coupled with related initiatives taken by respective governments is anticipated to offer significant opportunities for players in the market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Fluid Management Systems Market Report
- Initiatives have been taken by leading players in the global fluid management systems market to reach maximum ESRD patients across all the regions by increasing dialysis centers. B. Braun Melsungen AG alone has more than 300 centers in Europe, Africa, and Asia Pacific.
- On World Kidney Day, on March 9, 2017, Fresenius Medical Care launched a brand new Asia Pacific-wide corporate social responsibility initiative through a series of public awareness events reaching 6600 children, parents and carers — as well as media, key renal health partners, and government
Stringent Regulatory Approval Procedures
- Stringent regulatory requirements and the lengthy process of FDA approvals have discouraged OEMs of medical devices in the U.S., who are now eying other regions, such as Asia and Latin America, to launch newer products in the market
- The major barrier currently faced by orthopedic devices manufacturers is the high investments made for R&D and clinical trials. Slow approval processes are driving costs and minimal return on investment for stakeholders.
- Extensive number of device recalls has made a dramatic impact not only on sales, but also customer confidence
- For instance, in September 2012, there was an urgent voluntary product recall named FMS intermediary tube used with fluid management systems that connects the inflow tubing to the arthroscopic sheath during arthroscopic procedures. Such recalls hamper the market.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Fluid Management Systems Market Report
Fluid Management Systems Market: Segmentation
- In terms of product, the fluid management systems market can be divided into infusion therapy products, renal products, and endoscopic fluid management systems
- The infusion therapy products segment includes infusion devices, IV access, and IV solutions & products.
- The renal products system comprises in-center hemodialysis products, home hemodialysis (HHD) products, peritoneal dialysis products, and acute dialysis products
- Endoscopic fluid management systems include suction and irrigation devices, and accessories, irrigation solutions, insufflators; and integrated fluid management systems
- In terms of application, the fluid management systems market can be split into urology, cardiology, orthopedic, neurology, oncology, gastroenterology, and others (anesthesiology, bronchology, dentistry, otology, and gynecology)
- Based on end-user, the global fluid management systems market can be segregated into hospitals, clinics, dialysis centers, home care settings, and others
Asia Pacific Fluid Management Systems Market to Expand at a Rapid Pace
- In terms of region, the global fluid management systems market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America and Europe are prominent regions of the fluid management market, led by the highest per capita disposable income of the people, increase in incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases, and growth in geriatric population
- Asia Pacific and Latin America are emerging regions of the fluid management market owing to the strong economic growth over the last decade, changing lifestyles of the populations leading to high incidence of lifestyle diseases, and increasing number of surgical procedures performed in these regions
Leading Players Operating in Global Fluid Management Systems Market
The global fluid management systems market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global fluid management systems market are:
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Cardinal Health
- Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA
- KARL STORZ
- Smith & Nephew
Global Fluid Management Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Fluid Management Systems Market, by Product
- Infusion Therapy Systems
- Renal Systems
- Endoscopy Systems
Global Fluid Management Systems Market, by Application
Global Fluid Management Systems Market, by End-user
- Dialysis Centers
- Home Care Settings
Global Fluid Management Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.