Fluid End Assembly Market
Fluid End Assembly Market (Type: Triplex Fluid End and Quintuplex Fluid End; Material: Carbon Steel and Stainless Steel; and Application: Onshore and Offshore) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Stakeholders Strive to Offer Products with Improved Efficiency to Reduce Downtime
For several decades, companies involved in the oil & gas sector are striving to reduce non-productive downtime (NPT) and increase the production of unconventional resources. The need to improve the production of unconventional resources is accelerating the development in the modern-day hydraulic fracturing technology. As companies are moving closer to reaching the tipping point of unconventional resource production, the focus on fast tracking and optimizing the entire process has gained significant momentum in the past few years. The process of optimization could vary due to various factors, and at present, stakeholders in the current fluid end assembly market are aiming to offer solutions that improve well and fracture replacement as well as the staging and sizing of frac clusters.
Stakeholders in the oil & gas industry are also focusing their resources on improving the durability and capabilities of their equipment. The growing need to improve efficiency and reduce downtime is likely to generate significant demand for fluid end assembly in the near future. Advancements in fluid end technologies are likely to address issues in frac pumps, which are at a higher risk of wearing out as corrosive materials are pumped through them. Thus, the global fluid end assembly market is expected to reach a market value of ~US$ 14 Bn by 2027 from ~US$ 10.2 Bn in 2019.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Fluid End Assembly Market
Carbon Steel Losing Shine as Adoption of Stainless Steel Continues to Gain Ground
Over time, fluid ends have gained significant popularity as one of the most crucial components of a good service pump. Ever since fluid ends or fluid end assembly became mainstream in the 1950s, materials and designs used to produce fluid end have changed at a very slow pace. However, fluid ends are, time and again, exposed to a high degree of stress, subjected to high pressure, corrosive fluids, and abrasive materials at regular intervals, which significantly increases the chances of failure of fluid end assembly.
Stakeholders operating in the current fluid end assembly market are expected to provide optimum solutions to address these issues and make use of improved fluid end assembly designs and materials to gain a competitive edge. For several years, participants in the fluid end assembly market are in favor of using carbon steel to develop fluid ends. Although carbon steel offered the desired outcome, its vulnerability to corrosion led to a gradual decline in its adoption. On an average, the carbon steel fluid end has a lifecycle of around 250 to 450 hours, beyond which, it is prone to stress corrosion cracking. In their bid to address corrosion-related problems, participants in the fluid end assembly market have leaned toward the development and production of stainless steel fluid ends. The shift from carbon steel fluid ends to stainless steel fluid ends has played a key role in improving the end life of a fluid end assembly. Participants operating in the current fluid end assembly market landscape are also focusing on the quality of different grades of stainless steel. Despite the significant demand for carbon steel fluid end assembly, stainless steel fluid ends ultimately emerged as the most preferred choice of material. Within the fluid end assembly market, the stainless steel material segment is expected to account for over ~63% market share and reach a value of ~US$ 6.8 Bn in 2020.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Production of New Industrial Pumps with Cutting-edge Fluid End Technology on Rise
In recent times, owing to the growing need to reduce downtime and improve efficiency across oil & gas and well service industries, pump manufacturers are introducing new and improved pumps, which, in turn, is expected to significantly impact the demand for fluid end assembly during the forecast period, thus driving the fluid end assembly market.
For instance, in December 2019, Gardner Denver manufactured a new pump, the Thunder 5,000 HP Quintuplex that was specifically developed for diesel engines, electric motors, gas turbine direct drives, and dual-fuel gas engines. The newly developed pump is developed using stainless steel and features the advanced fluid end technology.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Fluid End Assembly Market
The fluid end assembly market is expected to grow at a steady CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period. Advancements in fluid end assembly designs, material, and geometry are some of the leading factors that are likely to propel the growth of the market for fluid end assembly. The demand for stainless steel fluid ends will continue during the forecast period, owing to favorable properties of stainless steel over carbon steel. Stakeholders should focus on improving the quality of their product offerings to gain an edge in the fluid end assembly market landscape. While offshore applications of fluid end assembly are likely to grow at a modest pace, fluid end assembly will be increasingly deployed in offshore applications.
Fluid End Assembly Market: Overview
- The power end and fluid end of a pump carry power and fluid, respectively. Fluid end assembly is located in the fluid pump and comprises the parts that are engaged in moving the fluid. The inlet and outlet of fluid end assembly are connected to a suction and discharge pulsation dampener in order to reduce vibration.
- Fluid end assembly offers various benefits such as decrease in downtime due to easy replacement and minimization of stress. This leads to an improvement in the pressure cycle.
Rise in Number of Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) Projects to Drive Fluid End Assembly Market
- The global oil & gas industry has been carrying out enhanced oil recovery (EOR) projects to increase oil recovery. Globally, EOR has the potential to produce an additional 1,070 billion barrels of oil, which can recover 30% to 50% of original oil.
- According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), 375 EOR projects produced nearly 2 million barrels of oil per day (b/d) worldwide, as of 2018. This is expected to increase to about 4 million b/d of oil by the end of 2040.
- EOR is the process of accelerating the inflow of oil into the surface by using a fluid end assembly, wherein the primarily produced oil or water is forced back from the surface to operate the pump at the bottom, thereby pushing the reservoir oil back to the surface at a high speed. The usage of the EOR technique has been rising continuously. Increase in number of EOR projects is expected to drive the fluid end assembly market during the forecast period.
Volatility in Prices of Crude Oil to Hamper Fluid End Assembly Market
- Prices of crude oil prices have decreased sharply over the years. Prices of oil are dependent on a number of factors, such as geopolitical developments and weather. This can lead to disruption in the oil and gas supply chain, thereby resulting in volatility in crude oil prices.
- Production cost of crude oil is also one of the key factors that govern crude oil prices. Oil production is relatively inexpensive in the Middle Eastern countries, such as Saudi Arabia and Iran, than that in Canada.
- Concerns about low capacity of oil storage are also hampering investments in the global oil & gas industry. Majority of storage hubs are filled with oil. For instance, more than 77% of storage capacity of storage facilities in Cushing, Oklahoma, the U.S., is already in use.
- Increase in concerns about carbon and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions worldwide has also adversely impacted the oil & gas industry. This, in turn, has hampered the fluid end assembly market.
- Technological shift toward electric vehicles (EVs) has hindered the use of oil and gas for energy generation in the global automobile industry. The global industry is witnessing transition toward EVs to make better use of clean energy products.
Technological Advancements in Fluid End Assembly to Offer Opportunities
- Demand for fracturing equipment has been rising continuously, as the intensity of completing unconventional wells has increased substantially. In order to mitigate this, National Oilwell Varco (NOV) introduced its Patriot fluid end and Blue Thunder valve set in the Permian basin in 2018. This Patriot fluid end assembly tends to be more applicable in high-activity areas such as the Permian basin. It is a stainless steel fluid end with improved geometry, and yields 40% stress reduction. The Patriot fluid end is designed in such a way that it provides a higher flow area of about 26% around the suction and discharge valves. This helps in reducing fluid end washouts and cavitation.
- Bearings used in fluid end equipment are diverse. Most pumps operate in harsh conditions, wherein bearings are exposed to the environment. This calls for more specifically designed bearing options to meet requirements of equipment end users, in terms of performance and lifespan. Several factors such as load magnitude and its direction, operating speed, and lubricants used need to be considered in terms of bearings. Most global manufacturers are constantly striving to improve and innovate in order to mitigate the need for bearings. Continuous improvement in standard products is carried out and newly designed materials are utilized to lower the amount of heat generated and accelerate operations. However, advancements in the bearing technology, in terms of material chemistry, and practices to counter the effect of heating are continuously ongoing. This is expected to offer immense opportunities to the fluid end assembly market during the forecast period.
- Several fluid end assembly pump manufacturers are launching new and advanced products:
- In October 2019, Jereh Group developed the world’s first 7,000-Hp electric frac pumper. The new pumper is considered a major breakthrough in research and development in the field of well service equipment.
- In April 2014, Utex Industries, Inc. announced the launch of its Frac Valve product line. The new product line comprises general service valves and seats. It is expected to outperform other products available in the marketplace, in terms of lifespan and efficiency, in the next few years.
- Thus, advancement in technologies is expected to drive the fluid end assembly market during the forecast period
Recent Developments, Expansions, Acquisitions, and New Contracts
- In February 2019, The Weir Group PLC announced it had signed an agreement to sell its Flow Control division to First Reserve, a leading global private equity investment firm focused exclusively on energy, for an estimated value of £275 Mn. The Flow Control division provides highly engineered pumps, valves, and other solutions that are employed in industrial, power, and downstream oil & gas applications.
North America to Lead Fluid End Assembly Market
- North America dominated the fluid end assembly market in 2018. Its dominance can be ascribed to the development of oil and gas wells in the region. Consequently, demand for fluid end assembly is anticipated to be high in the region during the forecast period. The number of oil wells rose in the U.S. in 2018. The U.S. was the leading country in terms of number of well drills in the world. Thus, demand for fluid end assembly was high in the country in 2018. This trend is projected to continue during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is estimated to be a highly attractive region of the fluid end assembly market during the forecast period. The region’s share is likely to rise significantly during the forecast period. This can be primarily ascribed to the increase in consumption of oil and gas in Asia Pacific.
- The fluid end assembly market in Europe is estimated to witness moderate attractiveness during the forecast period, owing to ongoing developments in oil and gas facilities in the region. The fluid end assembly market in the region is estimated to expand at a steady CAGR during the forecast period.
- The fluid end assembly market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to witness low attractiveness during the forecast period. This can primarily be ascribed to the less number of oil and gas wells discoveries in these regions. Hence, the fluid end assembly market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Highly Competitive Fluid End Assembly Market
- The fluid end assembly market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a large number of players operating at local, regional, and international levels
- Key players operating in the fluid end assembly market include
- The Weir Group PLC
- Forum Energy Technologies
- Gardner Denver, Inc.
- EnTrans International, LLC
- Alco Group
Fluid End Assembly Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global fluid end assembly market to accurately gauge its future development. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for the growth of the fluid end assembly market, to identify opportunistic avenues of the business potential for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the fluid end assembly market is expected to progress during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027.
The report offers intricate dynamics about the different aspects of the fluid end assembly market that aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the fluid end assembly market during the forecast period. It also includes key indicator assessment to highlight the growth prospects of the fluid end assembly market, and estimate statistics related to the market progress in terms of value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the fluid end assembly market, along with key information and a competitive outlook. The report mentions company profiles of key players that are currently dominating the fluid end assembly market, wherein various developments, expansions, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Fluid End Assembly Market
The report provides detailed information about the fluid end assembly market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently functioning in the market and are looking for innovative ways to create a unique benchmark in the fluid end assembly market, so as to help them make successful strategies and target-driven decisions.
Key Queries Addressed in Report
- Which type of fluid end assembly will emerge as the leading revenue generator for the market during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue in the competitive fluid end assembly market?
- What will be the y-o-y growth of the fluid end assembly market between 2019 and 2027?
- What are the winning imperatives of market frontrunners in the fluid end assembly market?
- Which application is expected to have maximum potential for fluid end assembly during the forecast period?
Research Methodology – Fluid End Assembly Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for combining the fluid end assembly market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the industry-affiliated information obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the fluid end assembly market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed industry stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through the interviews of genuine resources, analysts emphasized on the changing scenario of the fluid end assembly market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, industry association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the fluid end assembly market.
Fluid End Assembly Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the fluid end assembly market on the basis of type, material, application, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments, and how they are influencing the growth prospects of the fluid end assembly market.