Fluconazole Drugs Market: Introduction
- Fluconazole is an antifungal medication that belongs to a class of drugs called azole antifungals, which are used for various yeast and fungal infections such as oropharyngeal candidiasis, vaginal candidiasis, esophageal candidiasis, fungal meningitis and other candida infections including urinary tract infection and peritonitis. Fluconazole products are available in tablet, powder, or suspension and solution form.
- In the U.S., the use of fluconazole, a new antifungal agent, was introduced in 1990
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Fluconazole Drugs Market
- Increase in incidence of fungal infection is anticipated to boost the global fluconazole drugs market. For instance, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2017, there were over 75,000 hospitalizations and nearly 9 million outpatient visits for fungal diseases in the U.S.
- Staying in the hospital for an injury or an illness with weak immune system leads to increased risk for causing hospital acquired infection. Rise in prevalence of nosocomial infections is anticipated to fuel the global market. According to a study published in Annals of Burns and Fire Diseases, conducted during 2011 to 2014, the incidence of nosocomial fungal infection was 10%.
- Fungal diseases pose an important threat to public health for several reasons, thus key players are focusing on research and development to expand the clinical application of fluconazole is contribute to drive the growth of market. Moreover, strategic investment by key players is likely augment the market. For instance, in July 2020, ANI Pharmaceuticals, Inc. acquired Fluconazole Tablets USP, 50mg, 100mg, 150mg, and 200mg from a private company. This acquisition enabled ANI Pharmaceutical to strengthen its product portfolio and enhance the margin opportunity and competitive position of this product.
- Providing education to healthcare providers and raising awareness among the public about the threat of fungal diseases is fueling the demand for fluconazole and subsequently, driving the market
- Rise in prevalence and awareness about fungal infection and government initiatives in developing countries offer lucrative opportunities in the global market. For instance, According to the Second Australian Atlas of Healthcare Variation, an estimated 73,777 hospitalizations for kidney and urinary tract infections were reported in Australia in 2014–2015.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Fluconazole Drugs Market
- North America is expected to account for major share of the global fluconazole drugs market as the region is a hub for key market players and a rise in the demand for fluconazole owing to a surge in the prevalence of nosocomial infections.
- The fluconazole drugs market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to a rise in awareness about fungal diseases
Key Players Operating in Global Fluconazole Drugs Market
The global fluconazole drugs market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Demand for fluconazole products has increased in emerging as well as developed markets. Thus, industry players are adopting practices of appointing third-party distributors to expand market presence. This has led to a surge in the number of distributors and suppliers in emerging markets.
Major players operating in the global fluconazole drugs market are:
- Pfizer Inc.
- Glenmark Pharmaceutical Inc
- Cipla Inc
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals
- Novartis AG (Sandoz)
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Citron Pharma
- VELLINTON HEALTHCARE
Global Fluconazole Drugs Market: Research Scope
Global Fluconazole Drugs Market, by Application
- Systemic candidiasis
Global Fluconazole Drugs Market, by Route of Administration
Global Fluconazole Drugs Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.