Flow Directed Catheter Market: Introduction
- Flow directed catheters are designed so that the flow of blood through an artery directs the catheter tip along the arterial flow path and to the target site. These catheters generally have a very flexible catheter shaft with an inflatable balloon or other bulbous structure near the distal end, which is carried along by the blood flow in an artery or vein.
- Measurement of the heart’s efficiency plays a key role in cardiac monitoring. Traditionally, doctors have injected patients with cold saline solution to measure the blood output of the heart. The catheter allows the saline solution to be injected directly into the heart and enables measurement of the temperature of the blood in the pulmonary artery.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Flow Directed Catheter Market
- Change in lifestyle and dietary habits fuel the risk of cardiac diseases. Thus, an increase in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases is anticipated to drive the market. For instance, according to World Health Organization, an estimated 17.9 million die each year with cardiovascular diseases, and it is one of the leading cause of death across the world.
- Minimally invasive techniques for heart diseases have been emerging for the last few decades. Thus, an increase in inclination toward minimally invasive procedures is a key factor that is likely to drive the market.
- However, medical devices are highly regulated by U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Stringent regulations could hamper the manufacturers of these devices. Moreover, new and more stringent regulations indirectly or directly impact the use of products. Hence, stringent government regulations associated with the safety and efficacy are projected to hamper the market.
- Awareness about disease prevention and improvement in healthcare infrastructure have increased in emerging countries owing to favorable government intervention. Emerging regions such as Asia, Africa, and Latin America have witnessed socioeconomic development. However, these regions exhibit high unmet medical needs and rise in healthcare-related customer expectations. Investment in training programs for surgeons and improvement in healthcare infrastructure are likely to offer significant opportunities for key players in these emerging markets.
North America to Dominate Global Flow Directed Catheter Market
- In terms of region, the global flow directed catheter market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global flow directed catheter market during the forecast period.
- Well-established healthcare infrastructure, early adoption of advanced technologies, and hub for key market players are major factors that are likely to fuel the market
- The flow directed catheter market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to a surge in the geriatric population. Furthermore, government initiatives to expand healthcare infrastructure is likely further augment the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Flow Directed Catheter Market
The global flow directed catheter market is fragmented with the presence of international as well as local players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Demand for flow directed catheters has increased in emerging as well as developed markets owing to a rise in awareness regarding technological advanced products and an increase in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are also likely to drive the global flow directed catheter market.
Key players operating in the global flow directed catheter market are:
- in2being, LLC
- Edwards Lifesciences Corporation
- Balt S.A.
Global Flow Directed Catheter Market: Research Scope
Global Flow Directed Catheter Market, by Type
Global Flow Directed Catheter Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Flow Directed Catheter Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!