Flow Computer: Introduction
- Flow computer is a kind of electronic computer that receives analog and digital signals from flow meters, temperature, pressure and density transmitters to perform algorithms at standard conditions
- The flow computer is primarily used to measure the flow of gases or liquids. It measures and record the volume of a particular flowing substance at a particular point in time by using complex mathematical equations by receiving digital and analog inputs from different sensors, flow meters, and other flow measuring devices.
- Flow meters cannot compute all the functions such as data logging, communication, remote metering, alarming, and control functions tasks without the help of flow computer. The signals provided to the flow computer are of two types: pressure difference signals and direct flow rate signals
- Flow computers are equipped with the necessary algorithms for programming, having user-friendly interface and damage-resistant hardware components
- The flow computer is developed to increase the reliability of measurement operations by improving metrology performance and reduce measurement uncertainty and compliance
Increased Demand for Flow Computers in Oil & Gas Industry
- The flow computer is required in the oil & gas industry to measure supply of liquid and gases. Flow computers take input from flow meters and subsequently, calculate accurate flow of liquid or gas running through the pipelines by using interfaced devices and then transfer the data to external workstations for inspection, management, and accounting.
- The oil & gas industry and petrochemical manufacturers primarily require flow computers to analyze and record accurate measurements of products that flow through their pipelines
- Flow computers process data and generate reports for products such as crude oil, refined oil, natural gas, ethylene, nitrogen and other products in the oil & gas industry
- Most flow computers are wireless-capable and can be employed to transmit data to pipeline controls, auditing, and accounting departments
- Flow computers are extensively utilized in the oil & gas industry for upstream production, midstream pipeline, downstream refining, process plants, and chemical plants to measure, monitor, and control the injected fluids and the production of the well
North America to Lead Global Flow Computers Market
- North America is expected to dominate the global flow computers market owing to large demand for flow computers across different industries and strong presence of manufacturing centers and suppliers of electronic computer products with presence of major players such as Schlumberger Limited, Emerson Electric Co., Yokogawa Corporation of America, and Honeywell International Inc., etc.
- The flow computers market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period as countries such as South Korea, China, India, and Australia are witnessing industrial improvement and rapid urbanization
Key Players Operating in the Global Flow Computers Market
- Yokogawa Corporation of America
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Schlumberger Limited
- FMC Technologies, Inc.
- Schneider Electric
Global Flow Computers Market: Research Scope
Global Flow Computers Market, by Type
- Single Stream Flow Computers
- Multi-Stream Flow Computers
Global Flow Computers Market, by Component
- Support Services
Global Flow Computers Market, by Equipment
- Pressure Gauges
- Temperature Probes
- Gas Composition Sensors
- Sampling System
- Meter Prover
- Density Measurement Equipment
Global Flow Computers Market, by Application
- Fuel Monitoring
- Liquid & Gas Measurement
- Wellhead measurement and optimization
- Pipeline transmission and distribution
- Custody transfer and control
Global Flow Computers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.