Flexible PVC Films & Sheets Market
Flexible PVC Films & Sheets Market (Product Type: Clear/Transparent, Opaque, and Semi-transparent/Translucent; Manufacturing Technology: Calendering, Extrusion, Lamination, and Others; and Application: Automotive, Outdoor, Packaging, Medical, Construction, Textile, Industrial, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Isolation Sheets and Coronavirus Inactivating Films Create Business Opportunities
The widespread impact of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic has fueled the demand for transparent and stretchable PVC (Poly Vinyl Chloride) films. The meat packaging industry and other industries dealing in fruits and cold cuts are creating revenue opportunities for companies in the flexible PVC films & sheets market. Brazilian plastics manufacturer Alpes is innovating in flexible PVC films, which contain silica and silver nanoparticles— a technology developed and licensed by Nanox.
On the other hand, flexible PVC films & sheets are in high demand for making isolation curtains, counter curtains, and driver isolation sheets, among others. However, uncertainties in supply of raw materials and workforce management are likely to affect manufacturers in the flexible PVC films & sheets market during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Flexible PVC Films & Sheets Market
Legislation and Improved Additives Enhancing Quality of Flexible PVC Materials
Sustainability is the new buzzword in the flexible PVC films & sheets market. Perstorp AB— a manufacturer of specialty chemicals, is innovating in sustainable flexible PVC materials that offer excellent cost performance ratio. Sustainable PVC sheets are replacing hygiene standards in hospitals, car seats, and leather jackets. These sustainable sheets are gaining prominence in cables and handbags, where manufacturers can move away from fossil-based raw materials.
PVC films & sheets are gaining popularity for their durability and cost efficiency. Manufacturers in the flexible PVC films & sheets market are tapping into incremental opportunities in cable insulations, artificial leather, vinyl flooring, automotive interiors, etc. Stringent legislation and improved additives are enhancing the quality of flexible PVC materials.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Lack of Options in Single Polymer Group Create Window for Business
The flexible PVC films & sheets market is projected to cross the valuation of US$ 8.8 Bn by the end of 2030. The food packaging industry is one of the key revenue generating industries for manufacturers. However, there are not many options in single polymer group or super-plastics that meet a multitude of performance requirements. Hence, companies in the flexible PVC films & sheets market are increasing their R&D to improve their production capabilities in single polymer group.
In order to gain a competitive edge, companies are innovating in solutions that are single polymer group, affordable for manufacturers and demand few changes in machinery. Companies are developing films and sheets, which are accepted by municipal recycling systems.
Plasticized Vinyl Gains Popularity as Vegan Leather in Fashion Industry
Apart from packaging and medical applications, PVC is being highly publicized in the fashion industry. The trend of vinyl fashions is generating value-grab opportunities for manufacturers in the flexible PVC films & sheets market. Even fireman jackets and raincoats are catalyzing the demand for flexible PVC materials. PVC coated fabrics are being extensively used in clothing application such as haute couture fashion.
PVC is being known as the new vegan leather in the flexible PVC films & sheets market. Traditional leather in shoes, jackets, and bags is being replaced with flexible plastic materials. Animal-friendly attributes of plasticized vinyl are grabbing the attention of fashion designers.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Flexible PVC Films & Sheets Market
Flexible Solar Panels Deploy High Levels of Energy Conversion
Next-gen flexible solar panels are augmenting energy storage capabilities. Flexible PVC membranes are significantly lighter than framed panels. Companies in the flexible PVC films & sheets market are increasing their production capabilities in PVC membranes that contain no toxic materials and last longer, as compared to traditional solar panels. This is evident since it has been found that traditional materials in panels capture much less energy.
Heliatek— a manufacturer of organic solar films is innovating in flexible solar skin solutions that facilitate high levels of electricity conversion. Companies in the flexible PVC films & sheets market are increasing their testing capabilities to commercialize flexible solar skin solutions. They are investing in equipment and technologies that enable industrial manufacturing of flexible PVC membranes.
Companies in the flexible PVC films & sheets market are increasing their output capacities in PVC curtains, strips, panels, rolls, and films to diversify their supply chains to keep economies running. As such, the market is projected to advance at a modest CAGR of ~4% in terms of volume. This is evident since there is a lack of options for sustainable single polymer group for food packaging applications. Hence, manufacturers should increase their R&D in materials that can be converted into new packaging solutions. As such, PVC is gaining prominence in blister packaging for batteries and cling films for food.
Flexible PVC Films & Sheets Market: Overview
- Polyvinyl chloride (commonly abbreviated as PVC) is the third most widely manufactured synthetic plastic polymer in the world, next to polyethylene and polypropylene. It is easily available in two basic forms: rigid and flexible.
- Flexible PVC films & sheets are usually manufactured by adding plasticizers such as phthalates, adipates, citrates, benzoates, and trimellitates. These films & sheets possess good barrier properties to oil and grease. They are also oxygen-permeable and puncture-resistant. Flexible polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins are more soft and amendable than rigid ones due to the addition of plasticizers such as diisononyl phthalate.
- Packaging is one of the major industries driving the global economy. Flexible PVC films & sheets are highly versatile materials with favorable environmental footprint, as raw materials required for the manufacture of these films are eco-friendly, free from heavy metal compounds, and recyclable. Hence, these films are extensively used in the packaging industry. The packaging industry is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period due to the advent of new technologies and innovative products, and increase in global focus on ethical packaging.
- Flexible PVC films & sheets are extensively employed in instrument panels and associated moldings, interior door panels and pockets, sun visors, etc. in the automotive sector. Flexible PVC films & sheets offer high performance qualities and important cost benefits to the automotive industry. Rise in usage of flexible PVC films & sheets in various automobile components and parts is projected to positively impact the global flexible PVC films & sheets market during the forecast period.
- Easy availability of substitutes in the global flexible PVC films & sheets markets is expected to hamper the global market in the near future. Rise in costs of energy and fluctuations in prices of raw materials destabilize supply chains. Manufacturers and suppliers of medical devices are focusing on conservation of resources and reduction of waste materials. They seek new materials that would help them meet volume or weight reduction objectives. Metallocene polyethylene (mPE) or ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) resins are among the materials that have been introduced as alternatives for flexible PVC films.
Increase in Demand for Packaging to Drive Flexible PVC Films & Sheets Market
- The global flexible PVC films & sheets market has been segmented based on product type, manufacturing technology, application, and region
- In terms of product type, the global flexible PVC films & sheets market has been divided into clear/transparent, opaque, and semi-transparent/translucent
- In terms of revenue, the clear/transparent segment held major share of the global flexible PVC films & sheets market in 2019. Clear/transparent flexible PVC films & sheets are transparent, with plasticizers added to it to increase its flexibility. These films are extensively used in packaging applications.
- Based on manufacturing technology, the global flexible PVC films & sheets market has been segregated into calendering, extrusion, lamination, and others
- Calendering is projected to be a highly lucrative segment of the global flexible PVC films & sheets market during the forecast period. Majority of companies produce flexible PVC films & sheets through the calendaring process.
- Based on application, the global flexible PVC films & sheets market has been divided into automotive, outdoor, packaging, medical, construction, textile, industrial, and others
- Packaging is likely to be a highly lucrative segment of the global flexible PVC films & sheets market during the forecast period
Key Region Highlights
- In terms of region, the global flexible PVC films & sheets market has been classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle & Africa
- Asia Pacific was the leading region of the global flexible PVC films & sheets market in 2019, due to presence of key manufacturers and consumers of flexible PVC films & sheets in the region
- North America, primarily the U.S., holds considerable share of the global flexible PVC films & sheets market. Increase in demand for flexible PVC films & sheets in packaging, automotive, and medical applications is driving the flexible PVC films & sheets market in North America.
- Germany accounted for a large share of the flexible PVC films & sheets market in Europe in 2019
Flexible PVC Films & Sheets Market: Competition Landscape
- The global flexible PVC films & sheets market is highly fragmented with the presence of a large number of international and domestic players
- Prominent players operating in the global flexible PVC films & sheets market include
- Marvel Vinyls Limited
- Ergis S A
- IVK Europe
- Shih-Kuen Plastics Co., Ltd.
- NAN YA PLASTICS CORPORATION
- Riflex Film AB
- Extruflex UK Limited
- Vortex Flex Pvt. Ltd.
- Walton Plastics, Inc.
- Grafix Plastics
- Win Plastic Extrusions
- Allen Plastic Industries Co. Ltd.
- ChangZhou HuiSu QinYe Co., Ltd.
- Qingdao Coseal Industry Co., Ltd.
- TMI INTERNATIONAL LLC
Flexible PVC Films & Sheets Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the global flexible PVC films & sheets market provides readers with an assessment of the landscape of the market with the help of a comprehensive outlook. This study on the global flexible PVC films & sheets market analyzes the market for the period from 2020 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year. The report enables readers to make important decisions regarding their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
TMR’s study on the global flexible PVC films & sheets market also provides data on developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with competition analysis. The report also provides understanding of drivers, restraints, opportunities, and market trends.
Key Questions Answered in Flexible PVC Films & Sheets Market Report
- How much revenue is the global flexible PVC films & sheets market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which region currently accounts for the maximum share of the global flexible PVC films & sheets market?
- What are the factors anticipated to drive the global flexible PVC films & sheets market during the forecast period?
- Which is likely to be a highly lucrative region of the global flexible PVC films & sheets market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key stakeholders of the global flexible PVC films & sheets market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are major advancements in the global flexible PVC films & sheets market?
This report answers these questions about the global flexible PVC films & sheets market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making correct decisions and strategizing for expansion of their business.
Flexible PVC Films & Sheets Market – Research Methodology
This TMR report on the global flexible PVC films & sheets market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the global flexible PVC films & sheets market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the global flexible PVC films & sheets market arrived at predictions and estimations and calculated the market forecast.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the global flexible PVC films & sheets market by using bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the global flexible PVC films & sheets market, along with an overview of the market, is provided on the basis of a careful examination of growth opportunities. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global flexible PVC films & sheets market is set to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Flexible PVC Films & Sheets Market – Segmentation
This report on the global flexible PVC films & sheets market segments the market based on product type, manufacturing technology, application, and region. This study also discusses underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the global flexible PVC films & sheets market, along with their influence on growth of the market.
The study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis and value chain analysis of the global flexible PVC films & sheets market in order to elaborate on crucial growth strategies of players operating in the regional market.