Firestop Sealants Market: Fire Abating Materials
- Firestop sealants are extensively employed to resist the passage of smoke, flame, and water through construction joints and penetrations. These sealants are primarily used to aid motion including pipe vibration, water hammer, thermal expansion, and other normal building movements, without damaging the seal.
- Firestop sealants primarily help seal small openings, up to 2 cm to 4 cm in diameter, in order to prevent fire from traveling to another area of a structure
- Firestop sealants can get squashed under high compression. This is a major disadvantage of firestop sealants. Furthermore, under high tension, firestop sealants may get pulled away from the shoulders of the joint, at the time of fire.
- In terms of material, the global firestop sealants market can be segmented into silicone, ablative, and intumescent. Silicone firestop sealants are elastic, help maintain stability during fluctuating temperatures, and provide resistance against chemicals, moisture, and weathering.
- Ablative firestop sealants help absorb the energy of fire, and release it in the form of gases to form insulation
- Intumescent firestop sealants are mainly used around plastic pipes or materials, which are connected through walls and floors. These sealants swell as soon as they are exposed to heat, thus increasing volume and decreasing the density of sealants.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Firestop Sealants Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Firestop Sealants Market
- Firestop sealants are extensively used in various applications including residential buildings, commercial buildings, industrial buildings, and others
- Firestop sealants are employed in residential buildings in fire-rated gypsum wallboard partitions, concrete walls or floors, wood floors, and concrete or corrugated steel deck floor/ceiling assemblies
- Growth of GDP and changes in economic conditions, rise in urbanization, and increase in investments in housing projects have led to an increase in space requirements across the globe. This is likely to increase residential construction worldwide. These factors are projected to drive the demand for firestop sealants due to its ability of resisting smoke, flame, and water through construction joints.
- Electrical failures or malfunctions, mechanical failure, chemical spilling, etc. can cause fires in industrial buildings. Additionally, the presence of combustible dust in manufacturing sectors such as food, woodworking, chemical, metalworking, and pharmaceuticals is anticipated to drive the demand for firestop sealants in the near future.
- Industrial buildings are more susceptible to vibration and movement of the various machineries and equipment. This makes the usage of effective firestop sealants a necessity in order to prevent the passage of fire from areas such as metal pipes, insulated metal pipes, plastic pipes, and connection joints in fire compartment walls and floors.
Asia Pacific Anticipated to Hold Major Share of Global Firestop Sealants Market
- Geographically, the firestop sealants market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Rise in disposable income, rapid urbanization, increase in housing requirements, and growth in governmental initiatives are likely to boost the construction sector in Asia Pacific. For instance, governmental programs in India, such as ‘Housing for All 2022’, the UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik) scheme, and the Aayushman Bharat program, are expected to drive the construction sector during the forecast period. Presence of binding safety norms in commercial, industrial, and residential buildings across the region is likely to boost the demand for firestop sealants in the near future.
- The market in Europe and North America is mature, as it is dominated by large number of manufacturers. Furthermore, houses are primarily made of wood in these regions, especially in North America. This makes these regions more susceptible to flames. Additionally, the presence of stringent fire safety rules in these regions is expected to drive the firestop sealants market in the near future.
- A few players dominate the market in Latin America. Major manufacturers of firestop sealants such as Hilti Corporation, The 3M Company, Sika AG, and Arkema S.A. are focusing on expanding their footprint across the region.
- Middle East & Africa is the major hub of the oil & gas industry. The region is prone to fire risks. This is anticipated to drive the demand for firestop sealants in Middle East & Africa during the forecast period.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Firestop Sealants Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in Firestop Sealants Market
The global firestop sealants market is highly fragmented; it is dominated by large numbers of big manufacturers and a few small manufacturers. Key players operating in the global firestop sealants market include:
- Hilti Corporation
- The 3M Company
- ROCKWOOL International A/S
- H.B. Fuller Company
- Sika AG
- Arkema S.A.
- Tremco Incorporated
- Urja Sealants Pvt. Ltd
- Rapidrop Global Ltd
- Soudal Accumetric
- Fosroc, Inc.
- Specified Technologies Inc.
- Emerson Electric Co. (Through Nelson Firestop Sealant)
- Etex SA/NV (Through Promat Fire Protection LLC)
Global Firestop Sealants Market: Research Scope
Global Firestop Sealants Market, by Material
Global Firestop Sealants Market, by Application
- Residential Building
- Commercial Building
- Industrial Building
Global Firestop Sealants Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.