Fiducial Markers Market: Introduction
- Fiducial markers, also known as fiducial, can be defined as the object placed in the viewing field of an imaging system, which appears in the image produced, and which can be used as a point of measure or reference
- Fiducial markers are implanted for defining and targeting the lesions which are located in the soft tissues of chest, abdomen, pelvis, head, and neck
- The placement of fiducial marker is an image-guided procedure which is performed by interventional radiologists, in preparation for certain types of radiation therapy, including proton therapy, stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT), and stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS)
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Fiducial Markers Market
- The strong growth of the fiducial markers market can be attributed to increase in prevalence of cancer in the population. According to Globocan, over 18 million new cases of cancer were reported in 2018. The major forms of cancers affecting the people include lung, breast, colorectal prostate, and stomach.
- Increase in adoption of radiotherapy in cancer treatment has been fuelling the demand for fiducial markers, aiding in the growth of the market. Technological investments and rise in demand for minimally invasive surgeries have been supporting the growth of the ultrasound modality. This aids in the growth of the fiducial markers market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Fiducial Markers Market Report
- Increase in incidence of cardiovascular diseases contributes in driving the market for fiducial markers. According to the WHO, cardiovascular diseases was the major cause of mortality globally.
- Technological advances in ventricular assist devices (VAD) including continuous flow technology, have aided in improving implantability and efficiency, providing extended support, and improving the overall patient experience. This, in turn, creates the demand for these devices, contributing to the growth of the fiducial markers market.
- However, lack of skilled labor and the high cost of fiducial markers might hinder the growth of the fiducial markers market
North America to Lead Global Fiducial Markers Market
- In terms of region, the global fiducial markers market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global fiducial markers market in 2018, owing to strong presence of leading market players, high prevalence of cancer owing to lifestyle disorders, ongoing modernization and expansion of health care infrastructure, and well-established health care infrastructure
- Europe was the second largest market for Fiducial Markers in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for fiducial markers, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Growing focus of governments in Asian countries on enhancing the health care facilities, growing incidence of cancer, government initiatives, and rise in acceptance of radiotherapy procedures contribute to the growth of the fiducial markers market in the region.
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Fiducial Markers Market” here
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Fiducial Markers Market
Leading players in the global fiducial markers market are:
- Stratapharma AG
- CIVCO Medical Solutions
- IZI Medical Products
- Nanovi A/S
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Naslund Medical AB
- QlRad Inc.
Global Fiducial Markers Market: Research Scope
Global Fiducial Markers Market, by Product
- Polymer-based Markers
- Metal-based Markers
- Pure Gold
- Gold Alloys
Global Fiducial Markers Market, by Modality
Global Fiducial Markers Market, by Cancer Type
- Gastric Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
Global Fiducial Markers Market, by End-user
- Outpatient Facilities
- Independent Radiotherapy Centers
Global Fiducial Markers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.