Fibroid Ablation Systems Market: Minimally Invasive Treatment Option for Uterine Fibroids
- Fibroids are benign growths in or around the uterus that tend to increase with age. Symptoms of uterine fibroids include menorrhagia, dysmenorrhea, pelvic pressure symptoms, back pain, and subfertility.
- The three methods to treat fibroids are medications, surgical, and non-surgical procedures
- Non-surgical methods include minimally invasive radiofrequency ablation method, in which radiofrequency energy destroys uterine fibroids and shrinks the blood vessels that feed them. This can be done during a laparoscopic or transcervical procedure. In this method, laparoscopic camera and a laparoscopic ultrasound tool is used to locate the fibroids to be treated.
- Fibroid ablation systems consist of a generator, handheld device, and ultrasound imaging tool along with other accessories. Patients return to normal activity within few days to weeks after the procedure.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Fibroid Ablation Systems Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Fibroid Ablation Systems Market
- Rise in prevalence of uterine fibroids in women across the globe is a major factor boosting the growth of the global fibroid ablation systems market
- Advancements in technology and approval of new products in the past few years to treat fibroids with ablation system are the other factors fueling the growth of the global fibroid ablation systems market
- In October 2018, Acessa Health received the FDA clearance for its most advanced product, Acessa ProVu System, which is a fully integrated radiofrequency ablation, ultrasound visualization, and guidance mapping system to enable physicians to effectively and safely treat women with symptomatic uterine fibroids
- Rise in awareness about minimally invasive and non-invasive procedures to treat uterine fibroids and ongoing clinical trials in search of more advanced systems & products also accelerate the growth of the global market
High Cost of Procedures Hamper Global Market
- High cost of procedures in terms of length of hospital stay and higher device cost could restrain people from availing these procedures. Instead, they would prefer affordable medications. This is likely to hamper the growth of the global fibroid ablation systems market.
- Unfavorable reimbursement scenario in developing countries can also restrain the global market
Generators Segment Dominated Global Market
- Based on product type, global fibroid ablation systems market can be classified into generators, handpieces, ultrasound guidance component, and accessories
- The generators segment dominated the global fibroid ablation system market owing to high cost of generators as a capital equipment which generates higher revenues
Clinics to be Highly Promising Segment
- Based on end-user, the global fibroid ablation systems market can be divided into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, and others
- Clinics is projected to be a highly lucrative segment during the forecast period owing to cost-effective services, adoption of advanced technology products at clinics, and rise in trend among people to avail better personalized services provided by clinics.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Fibroid Ablation Systems Market Report
North America to Lead Global Fibroid Ablation Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global fibroid ablation systems market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global fibroid ablation systems market in 2018 due to higher prevalence of fibroid ablation systems, favorable reimbursement scenario, and recently approved FDA products for fibroid ablation systems
- According to the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Women’s Health Stats & Facts, in 2011, uterine fibroids were more common in women aged 30 to 40 years and uterine fibroids was the major reason for 39% of all hysterectomies performed each year in the U.S.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a highly promising market during the forecast period. The market in the region is likely to expand at a higher CAGR from 2019 to 2027 owing to rise in patient population with uterine fibroids, increase in awareness about gynecological problems & treatments, and improving health care infrastructure.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Fibroid Ablation Systems Market
- Acessa Health
- Medtronic plc
- Stryker Corporation
- Hologic, Inc.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- CONMED Corporation
- Cooper Surgical, Inc.
- Olympus Corporation
- Minerva Surgical, Inc.
Global Fibroid Ablation Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Fibroid Ablation Systems Market, by Product Type
- Ultrasound Guidance Components
Global Fibroid Ablation Systems Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Global Fibroid Ablation Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.