Fibroid Ablation Systems Market: Minimally Invasive Treatment Option for Uterine Fibroids
- Fibroids are benign growths in or around the uterus that tend to increase with age. Symptoms of uterine fibroids include menorrhagia, dysmenorrhea, pelvic pressure symptoms, back pain, and subfertility.
- The three methods to treat fibroids are medications, surgical, and non-surgical procedures
- Non-surgical methods include minimally invasive radiofrequency ablation method, in which radiofrequency energy destroys uterine fibroids and shrinks the blood vessels that feed them. This can be done during a laparoscopic or transcervical procedure. In this method, laparoscopic camera and a laparoscopic ultrasound tool is used to locate the fibroids to be treated.
- Fibroid ablation systems consist of a generator, handheld device, and ultrasound imaging tool along with other accessories. Patients return to normal activity within few days to weeks after the procedure.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Fibroid Ablation Systems Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Fibroid Ablation Systems Market
- Rise in prevalence of uterine fibroids in women across the globe is a major factor boosting the growth of the global fibroid ablation systems market
- Advancements in technology and approval of new products in the past few years to treat fibroids with ablation system are the other factors fueling the growth of the global fibroid ablation systems market
- In October 2018, Acessa Health received the FDA clearance for its most advanced product, Acessa ProVu System, which is a fully integrated radiofrequency ablation, ultrasound visualization, and guidance mapping system to enable physicians to effectively and safely treat women with symptomatic uterine fibroids
- Rise in awareness about minimally invasive and non-invasive procedures to treat uterine fibroids and ongoing clinical trials in search of more advanced systems & products also accelerate the growth of the global market
High Cost of Procedures Hamper Global Market
- High cost of procedures in terms of length of hospital stay and higher device cost could restrain people from availing these procedures. Instead, they would prefer affordable medications. This is likely to hamper the growth of the global fibroid ablation systems market.
- Unfavorable reimbursement scenario in developing countries can also restrain the global market
Generators Segment Dominated Global Market
- Based on product type, global fibroid ablation systems market can be classified into generators, handpieces, ultrasound guidance component, and accessories
- The generators segment dominated the global fibroid ablation system market owing to high cost of generators as a capital equipment which generates higher revenues
Clinics to be Highly Promising Segment
- Based on end-user, the global fibroid ablation systems market can be divided into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, and others
- Clinics is projected to be a highly lucrative segment during the forecast period owing to cost-effective services, adoption of advanced technology products at clinics, and rise in trend among people to avail better personalized services provided by clinics.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Fibroid Ablation Systems Market Report
North America to Lead Global Fibroid Ablation Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global fibroid ablation systems market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global fibroid ablation systems market in 2018 due to higher prevalence of fibroid ablation systems, favorable reimbursement scenario, and recently approved FDA products for fibroid ablation systems
- According to the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Women’s Health Stats & Facts, in 2011, uterine fibroids were more common in women aged 30 to 40 years and uterine fibroids was the major reason for 39% of all hysterectomies performed each year in the U.S.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a highly promising market during the forecast period. The market in the region is likely to expand at a higher CAGR from 2019 to 2027 owing to rise in patient population with uterine fibroids, increase in awareness about gynecological problems & treatments, and improving health care infrastructure.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Fibroid Ablation Systems Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Acessa Health
- Medtronic plc
- Stryker Corporation
- Hologic, Inc.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- CONMED Corporation
- Cooper Surgical, Inc.
- Olympus Corporation
- Minerva Surgical, Inc.
Global Fibroid Ablation Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Fibroid Ablation Systems Market, by Product Type
- Ultrasound Guidance Components
Global Fibroid Ablation Systems Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Global Fibroid Ablation Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.