3D Printing to Provide Opportunities to Fiberglass Mold Market
- Of late, fiberglass has been the major constituent of the composites industry owing to its unique characteristics such as lightness of weight, thermal stability, corrosion resistance, chemical resistance, and low lifecycle costs. Fiberglass molds are used to manufacture composite products involving complex designs.
- Fiberglass mold provides high dimensional stability, smooth surface, and complex shapes to composite materials. Fiberglass mold has longer shelf life compared to other molds. Fiberglass is regarded as green, sustainable, and energy-efficient material. Its demand is expected to rise significantly in various industries such as wind energy, automotive, and marine in the near future.
- 3D printing technology is expected to appeal to fiberglass mold manufacturers, as it is a less expensive way to develop an otherwise expensive technology. 3D printing of the fiberglass mold eliminates the need for a plug, and is estimated to offer a broad scope of design innovations during forecast period.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Fiberglass Mold Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints of Fiberglass Mold Market
- Increase in global population calls for smart architecture, smart mobility, and smart energy solutions. Fiberglass is anticipated to emerge as a high strength and lightweight solution for these purposes.
- Wind energy is anticipated to offer strong potential for fiberglass mold by 2027. Rise in demand for larger wind turbine blades and increasingly efficient wind farm configurations are projected to be the key factors propelling the fiberglass mold market.
- Rise in demand for renewable energy sources for generating electricity and slow decrease in cost of wind energy are anticipated to boost the installation of wind turbines during the forecast period. This, in turn, is estimated to drive the demand for fiberglass molds in the manufacture of wind blades.
- Increase in demand for techniques to shorten the production cycle time and elongate the lifecycle of fiberglass molds is likely to boost the demand for adoption of innovative processing techniques such as 3D printing, thereby improving the economies of scale for fiberglass the mold industry
- Fiberglass based manufacturing processes involve high volumes of manufacturing scrap. Stringent conventions regarding landfill disposal may hamper the market to some extent during forecast period.
Vinyl Ester Resin Segment to Mark Strong Demand
- Based on resin type, the market can be divided into vinyl ester, epoxy, polyester, polyurethane, and phenolic resins. The epoxy segment held dominant share of the global fiberglass mold market in 2018 owing to its physical, mechanical, high temperature resistance, and adhesion properties; and low shrinkage compared to other resins.
- Demand for vinyl ester based fiberglass molds is expected to increase in the marine industry in the near future, owing to the exceptional chemical resistance characteristics of vinyl ester
- Fiberglass mold is extensively used to manufacture wind blades with sandwich construction of various composite materials. These materials include glass fiber composites, carbon fiber composites, and aramid fiber composites, which possess high tensile strength, bending strength, and high stiffness-to-weight ratio.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Fiberglass Mold Market here
Wind Energy to be the Prominent End-use Industry
- Based on end-use industry, the global fiberglass mold market can be segregated into marine, aerospace, wind energy, automotive, construction, and others. Innovation in design and manufacture of wind power generation components continues to be critical. The wind energy segment is projected to constitute major share of the global fiberglass mold market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Fiberglass Mold Market
- In terms of region, the global fiberglass mold market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Abundant availability of raw materials, favorable manufacturing regulations, rise in government initiatives, rapid growth in population, and expansion in various industries (including automotive and construction) are key factors anticipated to augment the demand for fiberglass mold in Asia Pacific by 2027
- China and India are the prominent countries projected to constitute large share of the fiberglass mold market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period
- Increase in demand for technical components to replace metal parts in the automotive industry and rise in manufacturing base are estimated to augment the fiberglass mold market in Asia Pacific
- Demand for fiberglass mold is anticipated to be high in North America during the forecast period, particularly for wind energy applications. Wind power provides more than 5% of the total electricity generation in the U.S. It is likely to be the fastest growing form of renewable energy in the U.S. in the near future, providing substantial potential for fiberglass mold market.
Key Manufacturers in Market
The global fiberglass mold market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the fiberglass mold market include:
- Gurit Holding AG
- Norco Composites & GRP
- Janicki Industries
- Dencam Composite
- SSP Technology
- Shandong Shuangyi Technology Co., Ltd.
- CMDT Manufacturing
- indutch composites technology pvt. ltd.
- SCHÜTZ GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Charloma Inc.
Global Fiberglass Mold Market: Research Scope
Global Fiberglass Mold Market, by Resin
- Vinyl ester
- Others (including Polyurethane and Phenolic Resins)
Global Fiberglass Mold Market, by End-use Industry
- Wind Energy
- Others (including Wastewater Treatment and Oil & Gas)
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.