Fiber Optic Isolator: Introduction
- Fiber optic isolator is a passive magneto-optic device required in fiber optic communications
- The main function of a fiber optic isolator is to pass the light in only one direction and restrict other laser source from unwanted feedback to prevent the damage of laser source
- The feedback from external laser sources can create problems such as mode hop, amplitude modulate, frequency shift, etc., in such cases, fiber optic isolator is useful to reduce these effects
- The fiber optic isolator is also called as an optical diode, photo-coupler, or an opto-coupler, which consists of a Faraday rotator, input polarizer, and output polarizer, as it works on the principle of Faraday’s effect used in the Faraday rotator
- Fiber optic isolator is utilized in output circuits with a high output light level such as laser diode transmitter and Erbium-Doped Fiber Amplifier (EDFA) to ensure higher performance of light transmission by passing the light in one direction with a low loss and blocking the light in the opposite direction
Rise in Demand for Fiber Optic Isolators Globally
- Fiber optic isolators are dependable devices used with fiber optic amplifiers, fiber optic links in CATV, and fiber optic ring lasers to use in different optical applications such as an industrial, laboratory, and corporate, settings
- Demand for fiber optic isolators is considerably high in high-precision devices for testing and measuring manufacturing processing and mechanical equipment. Furthermore, they are used to clean up noisy signals and to protect the resonator and stabilize the system.
- Fiber optic isolators are largely employed in electronic machines such as printers, air conditioners, die machines, stamping, etc., and in different mechanical control and testing applications
- They are utilized in healthcare applications for external vibration control applications such as laser scanning, medical membrane clamps, electrocardiography experiments, etc.
North America to Lead in Global Fiber Optic Isolators Market
- North America is expected to lead the global fiber optic isolators market due to increased demand for high power fibers, optical communication networks, and telecommunications systems
- North America as well as Western Europe dominates the global fiber optic isolators market due to expansion of electronic and healthcare industries that utilizes fiber optic isolators for different applications
- Laboratories and semiconductor and healthcare industries in Asia Pacific are adopting fiber optic isolators in large numbers. Rise in investment in manufacturing and industrial sectors is also estimated to propel the fiber optic isolators market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in the Global Fiber Optic Isolators Market
- Thorlabs, Inc.
- AC Photonics
- Corning Inc.
- OZ Optics Limited
- Electro-Optics Technology Inc.
Global Fiber Optic Isolators Market: Research Scope
Global Fiber Optic Isolators Market, by Fiber Optic Isolators Type
- Sensitive Isolator
- Insensitive Isolator
Global Fiber Optic Isolators Market, by Technology
- Polarization Dependent
- Polarization Independent
Global Fiber Optic Isolators Market, by Application
- Fiber Optic Amplifiers
- Fiber Optic Ring Lasers
- Fiber Optic Links in CATV Applications
- High-speed and Coherent Fiber Optic Communication Systems
Global Fiber Optic Isolators Market, by Industry Vertical
- Electronics & Semiconductors
Global Fiber Optic Isolators Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!