Fetal Fibronectin Test Market: Introduction
- Prematurity is one of the leading causes of neonatal deaths worldwide. More than one million newborns die of prematurity each year and those who are able to survive suffer from several disabilities. According to an NIH report, it was found that around 15 million babies born worldwide are premature with increasing rates over past few decades. This indicates that the use of fetal fibronectin test is expected to increase gradually in the near future.
- Fetal fibronectin is a protein that acts as a biological glue and helps in keeping the amniotic sac attached to the lining of the uterus. If a disruption occurs in this connection due to an infection, inflammation, or other reasons, the fetal fibronectin is released into the cervix along with other cervicovaginal secretions.
- Fetal fibronectin test is generally performed to rule out risks of preterm labor. A swab is taken from the cervical lining and is analyzed for the presence of fibronectin. If the test comes out positive, the clinician expects a premature birth and prepares to handle the premature labor accordingly, for example, by administering drugs to enhance the baby's lung maturity.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Fetal Fibronectin Test Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Fetal Fibronectin Test Market
- Some of the major growth drivers for the fetal fibronectin test market are high incidence rate of premature births, increase in age of maternal population, high birth rates in less developed and developing economies, increase in awareness about prenatal and neonatal care, and rise in demand for advanced and/or improved measures for prenatal and neonatal care.
- However, extremely low birth rates in some of the developed economies may restrain the fetal fibronectin test market in the near future. Furthermore, growth in emerging economies, increased government support, and relative funding is expected to continue boosting the fetal fibronectin test market’s growth in the next few years.
- Childbirth that occurs before 37 weeks or 259 days of normal gestation period is referred to as preterm birth. Such births have been rising in the recent past due to increase in maternal age of the population in various regions of the world. Preterm birth is a major factor for neonatal morbidities and mortalities, and it also has long-term adverse effects on neonatal health. Premature children have increased chances of having or developing cerebral palsy, learning disabilities, respiratory problems, sensory deficits, and many other problems when compared to children born at term.
Rapid fFN Segment to Provide Lucrative Growth Opportunities in Global Fetal Fibronectin Test Market
- The fetal fibronectin test market can be segmented on the basis of test type and end-user
- The test type segment can be bifurcated into a quantitative solid-phase enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and a qualitative membrane immunosorbent assay (Rapid fFN).
- Rapid fFN is expected to grow at a faster growth rate during the forecast period due to the test practicality as it gives the result within half an hour of test while ELISA-based quantitative test can take up to 4 to 48 hours to generate results.
- Based on end-user, the fetal fibronectin test market can be segmented into hospitals, specialty clinics, and diagnostic laboratories
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Fetal Fibronectin Test Market Report
North America to Lead Global Fetal Fibronectin Test Market
- The global fetal fibronectin test market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is a significant market for fetal fibronectin test due to high health care expenditure and higher consciousness regarding the importance of such tests.
- According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) journal, in 2005, the health care costs linked to preterm births in the U.S. alone, in terms of medical and educational expenditure and lost efficiency, were more than US$ 26.2 Bn. NIH estimated that 12.9 million (9.6%) births worldwide among all births were preterm births in 2005. It was also estimated that Asia and Africa together were the largest contributors of preterm births with 11 million, accounting for 85% of the global preterm births. The higher rates of preterm births have increased the requirements for prenatal as well as neonatal care, all of which have resulted in the growth of the fetal fibronectin test market.
Key Players Operating in Global Fetal Fibronectin Test Market
Key players operating in the global fetal fibronectin test market are:
- Hologic, Inc.
- IQ Products
- QIAGEN N.V.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Sera Prognostics
Global Fetal Fibronectin Test Market: Research Scope
Global Fetal Fibronectin Test Market, by Test Type
- Rapid fFN (Fetal Fibronectin) Test
- Quantitative ELISA-based Test
Global Fetal Fibronectin Test Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Fetal Fibronectin Test Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.