COVID-19 Impact on Ferrocene Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for ferrocene in many applications. Governments of various countries across the globe enforced lockdown measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus. This resulted in slowdown and even halt in manufacturing operations, thus hampering the demand for ferrocene.
- Key players operating in the ferrocene market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these players are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these players halted their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Thus, the pandemic has negatively influenced the demand and supply chain of ferrocene.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has directly affected the production and demand for ferrocene. Industrial shutdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic has created disruption in the supply chain. Disruption in supply of raw materials is projected to hamper full-scale operations of companies operating in the market.
Key Drivers of Ferrocene Market
- Rise in demand for ferrocene in pharmaceutical and petroleum industries due to its chemical functionality is a significant factor projected to fuel the global ferrocene market during the forecast period. It is used in a wide range of applications such as fuel additives, pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, and solid rock propellant. Furthermore, changing technological needs and improvement in pharmaceuticals are likely to drive the market throughout the forecast period.
- Ferrocene works as a fuel additive and burn rate catalyst in propellant. It also works as ligand for transition of metal catalyzed reaction. Increase in demand for powerful rocket fuel is likely to boost the ferrocene market.
Restraints of Ferrocene Market
- Dearth of universal directives pertaining to applications of ferrocene is expected to restrain the market during the forecast period. Fluctuation in prices of raw material, increase in demand and availability of substitutes are also expected to challenge the market growth in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Ferrocene Market
- In terms of region of region, the global ferrocene market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2020. Asia Pacific is the largest market for ferrocene due to substantial investments in China, Japan, and India for continual improvements in pharmaceuticals. Asia Pacific is expected to account for the leading share of the ferrocene market during the forecast period owing to growth in urbanization and rise in spending power of countries in the region. The ferrocene market in the region is expected to expand at a rapid pace throughout the forecast period.
Competitive Landscape of Global Ferrocene Market
Major players operating in the ferrocene market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. The market is currently witnessing fierce competition among several leading players. Key players operating in the market include:
- Austin Chemical Company, Inc.
- Dr. Silviu Pharmachem Pvt. Ltd.
- Biesterfeld spezialchemie Gmbh
- Anderson & Steinssen Inc
- Synthon-Chemicals GmbH & Co. KG
- Merck Schuchardt OHG
- Finetech Industry Limited
- AK Scientific, Inc.
- BuGuCh & Partners
Global Ferrocene Market: Research Scope
Global Ferrocene Market, by Form
Global Ferrocene Market, by Product Type
- Monocarboxylic Acid Based
- Propenoic Acid Based
- Dicarboxylic Acid Based
Global Ferrocene Market, by Application
- Antibacterial Products
- Surfactant In Soil Remediation
- Fuel Additives
- Solid Rock Propellant
Global Ferrocene Acid Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Ferrocene Market Introduction
- Ferrocene is an organometallic compound. It consists of two cyclopentadienyl rings bound to central iron atom. It is an orange solid with camphor-like odor that sublimes above room temperature, and is soluble in most organic solvents. Ferrocene is known for its stability: it is unaffected by air, water, strong bases, and can be heated to 400 °C without decomposition.
- Ferrocene derivatives have attracted significant interest as anticancer, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiparasitic drug candidates. No other non-radioactive organometallic compound has advanced into clinical trials.
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.