Femoral Head Prostheses Market: Introduction
- Hip is one of the significant supporting joints of the body that functions by joining the femurs with the pelvis. Hip can suffer damage in old age, and thus, patients undergo hip replacement surgeries.
- Hip joint replacement surgery consists of substitution of the joint with an artificial implant or prosthesis, which enables to recreate the articulation functionality
- Femoral head prostheses or hip prosthesis are artificial joints that function similar to the natural hip joint when implanted surgically
- These are implants used in hip replacement surgery for the treatment of hip disorders such as hip osteoarthritis, avascular necrosis, and hip dysplasia
- Femoral head prostheses or implants are available in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. The diameter of the femoral head plays a significant role in determining the range of motion of the artificial hip joint.
- Femoral heads are usually made of metal, ceramics, stainless steel, chrome, and cobalt alloys
- Femoral head prostheses are primarily utilized during hip replacement procedures in various settings, including hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and orthopedic clinics
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Femoral Head Prostheses Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Femoral Head Prostheses Market
- Rise in prevalence of degenerative joint disorders, such as hip osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, avascular necrosis or aseptic necrosis, hip dysplasia, and other hipbone disorders, are key factors that have led to an increase in hip replacement procedures. This, in turn, is projected to boost the global femoral head prostheses market in the near future.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the rate of total hip replacements among patients aged 45 has shown a significant increase of 6.8% annually, i.e. 138,700 surgeries in 2000 to 310,800 in 2010.
- Baby boomer population susceptible to a range of hip joint disorders has increased in the past few years. This, in turn, is expected to drive the demand for femoral head prostheses during the forecast period.
North America to Dominate Global Femoral Head Prostheses Market
- Rise in prevalence of hip bone disorders among geriatric patients, increase in the number of hip replacement procedures performed in the U.S., and favorable reimbursement scenario for hip replacement surgeries are key factors that are likely to propel the demand for femoral head prostheses in the region
- According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, approximately 300,000 total hip replacements are performed every year in the U.S. This is anticipated to drive the demand for femoral head prostheses in the country.
- Increase in incidences of accidental injuries leading to hip fractures and dislocations is further anticipated to augment the demand for femoral head prostheses
- According to Geriatric Orthopedic Surgery & Rehabilitation (GOSR), the number of hip fractures in the U.S. may rise to 840,000 by 2040. This is projected to boost the growth of the femoral head prostheses market in North America.
- Increasing geriatric population, rapid innovation in technology, and high R&D expenditure are key factors fueling the growth of the femoral head prostheses market in Europe
- Presence of a large baby boomer population with degenerative joint disorders in developing countries, such as India and China, and increase in demand for hip arthroplasty in developed countries of Asia Pacific are projected to propel the market in the near future
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Femoral Head Prostheses Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Femoral Head Prostheses Market
Major players operating in the global femoral head prostheses market are:
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
- Stryker Corporation
- Exatech, Inc.
- MicroPort Scientific Corporation
- DJO Global Inc.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Wright Medical Group N.V.
- Smith & Nephew Plc
- b-ONE Ortho Corp.
Global Femoral Head Prostheses Market: Research Scope
Global Femoral Head Prostheses Market, by Product
- Fixed-bearing Prostheses
- Mobile-bearing Prostheses
Global Femoral Head Prostheses Market, by Material
Global Femoral Head Prostheses Market, by End-user
- Orthopedic Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Femoral Head Prostheses Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.