- Female infertility is not being able to get pregnant after at least one year of trying to conceive. If a woman keeps having miscarriages, then it is also known as female infertility.
- Female infertility can result from hormone problems, age, physical problems, and environmental or lifestyle factors. In most of the cases, the infertility results from problems with production of eggs.
- In the primary ovarian insufficiency (also known as premature ovarian failure), the ovaries stop functioning before normal menopause. In polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), women’s adrenal glands or ovaries produce more male hormones than normal. In PCOS, the ovaries may not release a healthy egg or may not release an egg regularly.
- Common causes of female infertility include hormonal problems, cervical issues, damage to fallopian tubes, and uterine trouble
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 10% of women in the U.S. i.e. 6.1 million women aged 15–44 are having difficulty in getting pregnant or staying pregnant
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Female Infertility Drugs Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Female Infertility Drugs Market
- The global female infertility drugs market is primarily driven by increase in prevalence of female infertility across the globe. According to the National Survey of Family Growth (NSFG), about 15.5% of women in the U.S. who expect to become pregnant are unable to conceive due to infertility disorder and an estimated 6.7% of married women aged 15 to 44 years are infertile in the U.S. Hence, increase in number of women with infertility is a key driver of the global female infertility drugs market.
- Additionally, increase in awareness about reproductive health within people is also highly contributing to the female infertility drugs market. For instance, RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association founded by Barbara Eck in 1974. Since 2010, RESOLVE organizes National Infertility Awareness Week every year in the last week of April. The aim of this program is to increase awareness about infertility in maximum population, help couples with infertility manage with their disease, and to encourage advocacy for insurance in infertility drugs.
Ovulatory Stimulants Segment Accounted for Major Share of Global Market
- Based on drug class, the global female infertility drugs market can be divided into ovulatory stimulants, hormones, gonadotropins, non-sulfonylureas, aromatase inhibitors, and others
- The ovulatory stimulants segment is anticipated to be the dominating segment during the forecast period
- The segment dominance can be attributed to the effectiveness of the drug compared to the other drug classes
Parenteral Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of route of administration, the global female infertility drugs market can be classified into parenteral, oral, and others
- The parenteral segment is expected to account for major share of the global female infertility drugs market by 2027
- The segment dominance can be attributed to high bioavailability demonstrated by female infertility drugs when given through the parenteral route
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Female Infertility Drugs Market Report
Asia Pacific Female Infertility Drugs Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global female infertility drugs market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Factors such as high prevalence of female infertility, introduction of biosimilars, and availability of patient assistance program are expected to drive the female infertility drugs market in North America
- The female infertility drugs market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of the market in Asia Pacific can be attributed to large pool of population with infertility disorder in the emerging countries including India and China, and rise in government funding.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global female infertility drugs market is highly fragmented with a large number of domestic players accounting for majority of the market share. Key players operating in the global female infertility drugs market are:
- Allergan plc
- Ferring International Center S.A.
- Merck KGaA
- Novartis AG
- Bayer AG
Global Female Infertility Drugs Market: Research Scope
Global Female Infertility Drugs Market, by Drug Class
- Ovulatory Stimulants
- Aromatase Inhibitors
Global Female Infertility Drugs Market, by Route of Administration
Global Female Infertility Drugs Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Female Infertility Drugs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.