- Female infertility is not being able to get pregnant after at least one year of trying to conceive. If a woman keeps having miscarriages, then it is also known as female infertility.
- Female infertility can result from hormone problems, age, physical problems, and environmental or lifestyle factors. In most of the cases, the infertility results from problems with production of eggs.
- In the primary ovarian insufficiency (also known as premature ovarian failure), the ovaries stop functioning before normal menopause. In polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), women’s adrenal glands or ovaries produce more male hormones than normal. In PCOS, the ovaries may not release a healthy egg or may not release an egg regularly.
- Common causes of female infertility include hormonal problems, cervical issues, damage to fallopian tubes, and uterine trouble
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 10% of women in the U.S. i.e. 6.1 million women aged 15–44 are having difficulty in getting pregnant or staying pregnant
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Female Infertility Drugs Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Female Infertility Drugs Market
- The global female infertility drugs market is primarily driven by increase in prevalence of female infertility across the globe. According to the National Survey of Family Growth (NSFG), about 15.5% of women in the U.S. who expect to become pregnant are unable to conceive due to infertility disorder and an estimated 6.7% of married women aged 15 to 44 years are infertile in the U.S. Hence, increase in number of women with infertility is a key driver of the global female infertility drugs market.
- Additionally, increase in awareness about reproductive health within people is also highly contributing to the female infertility drugs market. For instance, RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association founded by Barbara Eck in 1974. Since 2010, RESOLVE organizes National Infertility Awareness Week every year in the last week of April. The aim of this program is to increase awareness about infertility in maximum population, help couples with infertility manage with their disease, and to encourage advocacy for insurance in infertility drugs.
Ovulatory Stimulants Segment Accounted for Major Share of Global Market
- Based on drug class, the global female infertility drugs market can be divided into ovulatory stimulants, hormones, gonadotropins, non-sulfonylureas, aromatase inhibitors, and others
- The ovulatory stimulants segment is anticipated to be the dominating segment during the forecast period
- The segment dominance can be attributed to the effectiveness of the drug compared to the other drug classes
Parenteral Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of route of administration, the global female infertility drugs market can be classified into parenteral, oral, and others
- The parenteral segment is expected to account for major share of the global female infertility drugs market by 2027
- The segment dominance can be attributed to high bioavailability demonstrated by female infertility drugs when given through the parenteral route
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Female Infertility Drugs Market Report
Asia Pacific Female Infertility Drugs Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global female infertility drugs market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Factors such as high prevalence of female infertility, introduction of biosimilars, and availability of patient assistance program are expected to drive the female infertility drugs market in North America
- The female infertility drugs market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of the market in Asia Pacific can be attributed to large pool of population with infertility disorder in the emerging countries including India and China, and rise in government funding.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global female infertility drugs market is highly fragmented with a large number of domestic players accounting for majority of the market share. Key players operating in the global female infertility drugs market are:
- Allergan plc
- Ferring International Center S.A.
- Merck KGaA
- Novartis AG
- Bayer AG
Global Female Infertility Drugs Market: Research Scope
Global Female Infertility Drugs Market, by Drug Class
- Ovulatory Stimulants
- Aromatase Inhibitors
Global Female Infertility Drugs Market, by Route of Administration
Global Female Infertility Drugs Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Female Infertility Drugs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.